Marriage politics... is this the answer?

The only way to know whether it's the answer is to know what question you are asking.

Yes, I say get the government out of the issue of Marriage. It has no business in what is largely a family and religious institution anyway.

WOuld you like gov't out of divorce, custody, adoption and inheritance too? Because those are also family and religious institutions.

...U actually need to read the LINK IN DEPTH!!! It answers all your questions!

Yes, I say get the government out of the issue of Marriage. It has no business in what is largely a family and religious institution anyway.

WOuld you like gov't out of divorce, custody, adoption and inheritance too? Because those are also family and religious institutions.

In a section of the contract concerning the dissolving of
the contract, the parties can specify how property is to be divided and how child
custody issues will be addressed. Often times constructing a framework for such
matters when you’re happy and in love will help provide a smoother road if the
unfortunate occurs. We suggest structuring methods that involve submitting your
possible disputes to your church elders or to a small panel of trusted friends. In this
way the decisions that you’re seeking will be rendered by people who know you and
love you, rather than by some government bureaucrat in a black robe.

I would strongly recommend anyone considering this become familiar with his state’s contract statutes, it’s likely not this simple, particularly if either party disputes the contract or refuses to abide by its terms – which is very common.

It’s also possible for a statutory marriage to be dissolved without ‘some government bureaucrat in a black robe’ through mediation. The mediator will ensure the terms of the divorce comply with state law and a judge will sign-off on the agreement during a brief hearing.

I don't have a problem with partnerships to some degree, for reasons of property issues and the like, but I don't think it should be defining it when it comes to the traditional sense of marriage.

Where is Marriage mentioned in the Constitution?

Here:

We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race.

Skinner v Oklahoma

It isn't. So it falls per the 10th...to the States to recognize as they see fit.

Incorrect. See the case law above.

The Federal government has zero say...

Which isn’t at issue.

The states are subject to the Constitution with regard to the application of their laws, including marriage laws:

The Fourteenth Amendment requires that...the freedom to marry, or not marry…resides with the individual, and cannot be infringed by the State.

Loving v. Virginia

I don't have a problem with partnerships to some degree, for reasons of property issues and the like, but I don't think it should be defining it when it comes to the traditional sense of marriage.

Initially I favored using the commercial code to create a "domestic partnership" that would deal with the real issues that same sex partners had. Then I discovered the gay lobby doesn't want that, because their agenda is not to solve problems but create them.
So fuck them.

Initially I favored using the commercial code to create a "domestic partnership" that would deal with the real issues that same sex partners had. Then I discovered the gay lobby doesn't want that, because their agenda is not to solve problems but create them.
So fuck them.

I see you're point. Those lobbying groups and the politicians that cater to them don't really want equality because it would mean they would have to go out and find a real job for once in their lives.

How do they want to create problems rather than solve? As far as unemployment numbers for Gay Americans... I tried to google it and couldn't really find much... You have statistics to prove your stance that they don't work?

How do they want to create problems rather than solve? As far as unemployment numbers for Gay Americans... I tried to google it and couldn't really find much... You have statistics to prove your stance that they don't work?

I don't believe there's any official data. It's likely that the unemployment rate for gays is somewhat lower, if not inline with the rate of the general population. The Social justice thugs will probably try and convince you otherwise though.

No doubt.....that's the Clerics' job!!!

"It's easy to blame the mother! You know, a woman came to a preacher that I know—it's so funny—and she was awful looking. I mean her hair was all torn up, and she was overweight and looked terrible, clothes bad, everything. And she said, "Oh, reverend, what can I do? My husband has started to drink." And the preacher looked at her and said, "Madam, if I was married to you, I'd start to drink too."

We need to cultivate romance, darling. And it needs to be the men, have got to be cultivating romance, and the women. You always have to keep that spark of love alive. It just isn't something to just lie there ... Well, I'm married to him so he's got to take me slatternly looking. You've got to fix yourself up, look pretty."

screen-shot-2012-09-10-at-12-45-22-pm.png

Where is Marriage mentioned in the Constitution?

It isn't. So it falls per the 10th...to the States to recognize as they see fit.

So your saying the SCOTUS shouldn't have ruled against the Commonwealth of Virginia in the Loving v. Virginia case?

The Federal government has zero say...

Is that your support for the repeal of Section 3 of DOMA so that the Federal government begins recognizing as valid all legal Civil Marriages under State law?

>>>>

Last edited:

Forum List

Back