Marriage clerk targeted by gays revolts

Her behavior was not unconstitutional when they hired her.

The point is...gays that want cakes with same sex decorations can go to another baker. Why force someone to accept what they do not wish to accept.

Her beliefs were not an issue then, because the law wasn't in effect then. The Constitution is a living document & now includes gays under the 14th Amendment & she has to abide with whatever additions come along with the law of the land. She does not get to decide that her religious beliefs trump anybody's civil rights. Her civil rights are not being denied when she is not an agent of the government. If she cannot do both, then she needs to remove herself.
I think she wants to make a statement with her actions. From jail or not. The state needs to terminate her. Gays needs to take what they have finally been given (rights) but stop stomping others to accept them (their lifestyle). Some just flat won't and the more the battles, the worse it's going to get. For everyone.

She cannot be fired , she has refused to resign & has stated she will continue to deny the rights of gays even if she is fined. How come this particular issue, she is taking a stand against, but from what I have learned, she has issued marriage licenses to previously divorced couples when divorce is equivalent to adultery according to the Bible?

She does not get to play a sanctimonious fundie with one group of people & a secular permissible county clerk with another. That is hypocritical & deceitful to say the least.

She is not to be held in high regard & respected for 'taking a stand' when all she is REALLY doing is being a hateful bigot.... & not anything else except trying to hide behind her 'Christianity' to do it.
Since Obama refuses to do his duty, he should be fired as well.
He feels that bringing in hundreds of thousands of foreigners in a human-trafficking scheme to pad his ballot boxes is okay. He also supports giving illegals immunity from the law in sanctuary cities.

Amazing that Democrats, who regularly facilitate if not outright advocate law-breaking, insist on anyone adhering to the letter of the law in any case. Personally, you're all just a bunch of hypocrites.

I am not a Democrat. And assuming I am says more about you then it does me.
Irrelevant.

You support their policies.

I assume you back up most of what they believe in:

1. Changing the demographics of states by means of illegal immigration
  2. Advocating the disarming of police
  3. Believe that the government has the right to take over private businesses
  4. Believe that the federal government has the right to hire and fire elected state and local officials
  5. Support sanctuary cities
  6. Believe that people should be forced to quietly give in to political pressure and facilitate your lifestyle choices regardless of their religious beliefs
  7. Believe that all religion, other than Islam, is based off of bigotry and hatred
  8. Believe that the American flag is racist
  9. Believe that America is a racist country
  10. Believe that same-sex marriage is a civil right and that anyone who doesn't agree hates gays

Her beliefs were not an issue then, because the law wasn't in effect then. The Constitution is a living document & now includes gays under the 14th Amendment & she has to abide with whatever additions come along with the law of the land. She does not get to decide that her religious beliefs trump anybody's civil rights. Her civil rights are not being denied when she is not an agent of the government. If she cannot do both, then she needs to remove herself.
I think she wants to make a statement with her actions. From jail or not. The state needs to terminate her. Gays needs to take what they have finally been given (rights) but stop stomping others to accept them (their lifestyle). Some just flat won't and the more the battles, the worse it's going to get. For everyone.

She cannot be fired , she has refused to resign & has stated she will continue to deny the rights of gays even if she is fined. How come this particular issue, she is taking a stand against, but from what I have learned, she has issued marriage licenses to previously divorced couples when divorce is equivalent to adultery according to the Bible?

She does not get to play a sanctimonious fundie with one group of people & a secular permissible county clerk with another. That is hypocritical & deceitful to say the least.

She is not to be held in high regard & respected for 'taking a stand' when all she is REALLY doing is being a hateful bigot.... & not anything else except trying to hide behind her 'Christianity' to do it.
He feels that bringing in hundreds of thousands of foreigners in a human-trafficking scheme to pad his ballot boxes is okay. He also supports giving illegals immunity from the law in sanctuary cities.

Amazing that Democrats, who regularly facilitate if not outright advocate law-breaking, insist on anyone adhering to the letter of the law in any case. Personally, you're all just a bunch of hypocrites.

Irrelevant.

4. Believe that the federal government has the right to hire and fire elected state and local officials
  6. Believe that people should be forced to quietly give in to political pressure and facilitate your lifestyle choices regardless of their religious beliefs
  7. Believe that all religion, other than Islam, is based off of bigotry and hatred
  10. Believe that same-sex marriage is a civil right and that anyone who doesn't agree hates gays

You want Christian Sharia to over rule our Constitution.........

Kim Davis wants to "have her cake and eat it too" she wants to keep her cushy benefits laden 80k a year job and at the same time make a "principled stand" at denying fellow Americans equal standing under the law....she considers that her conversion a couple of years ago to an Apostolic Christian Religion means her opinions now carry the Authority of God...well Kim baby...you got another thing coming....

"Davis’s argument was that she shouldn’t have to pay for her beliefs by giving up her paycheck. Well, now she’s paying for her beliefs, so the fight is lost"

Last edited:

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
3) blanket statement. that would depend on a case by case instance with very specifics reasons & in general I am against eminent domain (unlike Trump)
4) I believe in recalls
5) no & I already said, I like the idea of federal $$$ being cut off for them, but you seem to skipped over that direct answer that I posted to you huh lenny?
6) I believe in the Establishment Clause as written in the Constitution & that IS is the end game for those who wish to push their religious ideology onto others through governmental means.
7) pure bullshit - BTW, I am A Christian & I have said so a few times already since joining.
8) LOL
9) I think racism is alive & well in this country... but has made huge strides in overcoming it & not nearly as bad as it once was- in part because people evolve & in part because certain people cannot be left to be the bigots they are through necessary law.
10) YES it is a civil right, & no- not necessarily... you can be against same sex marriage all you want - religiously or just plain think that it's icky.... just don't try to strip away their equal rights as if they are lesser humans... because then THAT is based on hate.

:fu:

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
3) blanket statement. that would depend on a case by case instance with very specifics reasons & in general I am against eminent domain (unlike Trump)
4) I believe in recalls
5) no & I already said, I like the idea of federal $$$ being cut off for them, but you seem to skipped over that direct answer that I posted to you huh lenny?
6) I believe in the Establishment Clause as written in the Constitution & that IS is the end game for those who wish to push their religious ideology onto others through governmental means.
7) pure bullshit - BTW, I am A Christian & I have said so a few times already since joining.
8) LOL
9) I think racism is alive & well in this country... but has made huge strides in overcoming it & not nearly as bad as it once was- in part because people evolve & in part because certain people cannot be left to be the bigots they are through necessary law.
10) YES it is a civil right, & no- not necessarily... you can be against same sex marriage all you want - religiously or just plain think that it's icky.... just don't try to strip away their equal rights as if they are lesser humans... because then THAT is based on hate.

1. If you support them in the ballot box, you support their policies.
  2. Same as above
  3. You believe that it is okay for the for the federal government to intercede and close their doors because the business doesn't support same-sex marriage.
  4. What if even after you've thrown this woman in jail, and trashed her reputation, what if she wins in a recall election? Are you going to throw her out of office like a jack-booted thug? They tried that with Scott Walker in Wisconsin.
  5. Silence is the same as acceptance.
  6. The Establishment Clause doesn't give you the right to make the free expression of religion illegal. This is what the imaginary separation of church and state does. You shall not make any laws for or against.
  7. You are not a Christian. A Christian doesn't take the position you have taken. Basically, you're a Christian In Name Only. No true Christian believes that members of the same sex could be husband and wife. You can accept such a lifestyle and allow it to exist, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with it. That is defined as "The Sin Of Omission". What is a sin of omission?
  8. LMOA
  9. Racism is alive and well, but so is institutional racism.....only in our case the oppressed have become the oppressors.
  10. Activists judges have incorrectly made it a civil right avoiding the slippery-slope that it causes. We still have to decide, can anyone marry anyone or anything. Until then, their decision is unconstitutional. And you assume that because someone hasn't become part of the collective that they hate those they disagree with. This doesn't mean what you assume, and there is where you went wrong on the issue.

Last edited:
why should Muslim jutes at fast food place risk their immortal soul and a chance at virgins just so a Bacon pervert can put pig on his sammich..no way ...

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
4) I believe in recalls
8) LOL

2. Same as above
  3. You believe that it is okay for the for the federal government to intercede and close their doors because the business doesn't support same-sex marriage.
  4. What if even after you've thrown this woman in jail, and trashed her reputation, what if she wins in a recall election? Are you going to throw her out of office like a jack-booted thug? They tried that with Scott Walker in Wisconsin.
  6. The Establishment Clause doesn't give you the right to make the free expression of religion illegal. This is what the imaginary separation of church and state does. You shall not make any laws for or against.
  7. You are not a Christian. A Christian doesn't take the position you have taken. Basically, you're a Christian In Name Only. No true Christian believes that members of the same sex could be husband and wife. You can accept such a lifestyle and allow it to exist, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with it. That is defined as "The Sin Of Omission". What is a sin of omission?
  8. LMOA
  9. Racism is alive and well, but so is institutional racism.....only in our case the oppressed have become the oppressors.
  10. Activists judges have incorrectly made it a civil right avoiding the slippery-slope that it causes. We still have to decide, can anyone marry anyone or anything. Until then, their decision is unconstitutional. And you assume that because someone hasn't become part of the collective that they hate those they disagree with. This doesn't mean what you assume, and there is where you went wrong on the issue.

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE when people try to tell me what I think must be boxed in, tied up neatly with a little bow & labeled because I disagree with them so I must be a partisan stooge like they are. I've voted for several different political parties. I go with the individual person & not just any particular party.... Not any one individual do I agree with 100% either. I've voted (R) several times, for local seats including boards of Ed, mayors & my governors. I've voted (D) & Green Party for POTUS. I've decided on Bernie Sanders this election cycle. How many different parties have you voted for? be honest now..... LOL.
Funny how you telling me I'm not a Christian, because I point out the hypocrisy when others try to hate & use their religion as an excuse. You passed that stoogery test with flying colors, Lenny. :clap:

Last edited:
And, you are missing the point.
Wanna suck each others dicks? Fine. Knock yourselves out.
Wanna carpet munch each other? Fine. Knock yourselves out.
Do I care? Nope. But when you DEMAND that those not tolerant of YOUR lifestyle (general *you*) while ignoring people of like mind such as *YOURSELF* by ruining others businesses instead of HELPING *your own* by being patrons of struggling gay businesses that would be happy having you as customers, but choose to getting those that disagree with said life style tossed in jail, don't be surprised if *your* actions cause a major backlash and those who USED to be sympathetic to *your* "cause" wind up getting fed up. Kinda like the Black Lives Matter crap going on.

Wow. Do you really believe Gays & Lesbians aren't facing the same prejudices experienced by women, blacks, Italians, the Irish, Chinese and Latinos? They too were the target of rants like yours, and some today are still being discriminated against and denied equal opportunities. The American dream is a myth; unless one fits in too many doors remain closed.

Consider one I didn't mention, those with a deep southern accent. Most people who hear the accent believe the speaker is not very smart. How would you like to be denied opportunities based on such a prejudice?
Sigh. Never mind. Either it's over everyone's head or I suck at expressing what I am trying to convey. Probably the latter.

What you wrote was painfully obvious, if you were unclear, post a PS to clarify your position.

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
4) I believe in recalls
8) LOL

2. Same as above
  8. LMOA

Holy smokes. *SMH*

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
4) I believe in recalls
8) LOL

2. Same as above
  8. LMOA

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE when people try to tell me what I think must be boxed in, tied up neatly with a little bow & labeled because I disagree with them so I must be a partisan stooge like they are. I've voted for several different political parties. I go with the individual person & not just any particular party.... Not any one individual do I agree with 100% either. I've voted (R) several times, for local seats including boards of Ed, mayors & my governors. I've voted (D) & Green Party for POTUS. I've decided on Bernie Sanders this election cycle. How many different parties have you voted for? be honest now..... LOL.
Funny how you telling me I'm not a Christian, because I point out the hypocrisy when others try to hate & use their religion as an excuse. You passed that stoogery test with flying colors, Lenny. :clap:
It doesn't matter what you voted in local elections. I have voted for Democrats, mainly because I knew nothing about the Republican that ran against them. Here in TN I voted for a Democrat for governor. What really matters is how you voted with the Godless commie bastards in Washington. They are a completely different animal.

And here is where you go really wrong. You assume that a lack of acceptance means hatred. It's one thing to allow someone different from you to be in your community. It's quite another to help facilitate their lifestyle. It's like a person who believes in democracy allowing a communist the right to exist. They shouldn't be forced to agree with them and they especially don't have to help them destroy Capitalism either.

Same goes for abortion. No Christian supports abortions, the killing of the unborn. Jesus said that this was the worst offense one can commit, along with child-abuse or Pedophilia. It is a sin not to openly condemn it. You aren't required to kill anyone who has one however.

Do you see my point?

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
4) I believe in recalls
8) LOL

2. Same as above
  8. LMOA

It doesn't matter what you voted in local elections. I have voted for Democrats, mainly because I knew nothing about the Republican that ran against them. Here in TN I voted for a Democrat for governor. What really matters is how you voted with the Godless commie bastards in Washington. They are a completely different animal.

And here is where you go really wrong. You assume that a lack of acceptance means hatred. It's one thing to allow someone different from you to be in your community. It's quite another to help facilitate their lifestyle. It's like a person who believes in democracy allowing a communist the right to exist. They shouldn't be forced to agree with them and they especially don't have to help them destroy Capitalism either.

Same goes for abortion. No Christian supports abortions, the killing of the unborn. Jesus said that this was the worst offense one can commit, along with child-abuse or Pedophilia. It is a sin not to openly condemn it. You aren't required to kill anyone who has one however.

Do you see my point?

Both of them.

On the top of your head.

Irrelevant.

1) no
2) no
4) I believe in recalls
8) LOL

2. Same as above
  8. LMOA

Do you see my point?

Both of them.

On the top of your head.
So I'm the Devil.

But, taking your sarcasm aside.....at least I have a point. You're problem is you're lying to yourself.....and that is what revolutions count on......the relaxing of standards by the people so they can shoehorn their ridiculous beliefs into their society and sooner or later make them the rule of the land.

Last edited:

1) no
2) no
4) I believe in recalls
8) LOL

2. Same as above
  8. LMOA

Do you see my point?

Both of them.

On the top of your head.
So I'm the Devil.

But, taking your sarcasm aside.....at least I have a point. You're problem is you're lying to yourself.....and that is what revolutions count on......the relaxing of standards by the people so they can shoehorn their ridiculous beliefs into their society and sooner or later make them the rule of the land.

Neh, not the devil... just one of his little mooks. I am an Independent, & I am center, leaning left. That's it, & someone on an anonymous message board, who've I've bantered with for a couple days thinks he knows me better than myself? That's beyond ridiculous. But you go on with your bad self there, Lenny, because you need to I suppose. No skin off my nose & I'll just keep doing what I've been doing, voting how I've been voting & hopefully the SC will not turn as red as you are hoping, because that's where my eyes are looking... & although I am not a (D), as long as the nuts in Congress who have gone from 'fiscal' to social 'conservatism' are in charge... I will do what I can to help vote them o-u-t. :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back