Markets crashing?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I wonder why it is that with the election of Obama the markets are dropping like rocks around the world?

Could it be they paid attention to all the dumb things Obama has said he was gonna do?

ummmmm, the markets around the world started crashing months ago....

And then they started recovering until Obama won the election.

Obama is a disaster waiting to happen. He plans to destroy 60 percent of our electrical net by driving prices so high no one can pay them, with no replacement for them. He plans to increase taxes on Business which will drive more companies out of the Country and bankrupt others, He plans to oppose all drilling and force us off oil and gas with NO alternate source available, he opposes Nuclear power.

He plans to redistribute those well off's wealth for his programs drying up even more potential business generation.

I wonder why it is that with the election of Obama the markets are dropping like rocks around the world?

Could it be they paid attention to all the dumb things Obama has said he was gonna do?

Sarge, we've gotta put you on CNBC - your expert financial knowledge could really be beneficial for the millions of people watching the show. Because, somehow, amazingly, before Obama got elected, the housing crisis ended, the GDP increased and didn't decrease, the global recession ended, GM, Chrysler and Ford wound up having AMAZING quarters last quarter, unemployment is virtually non-existent, and our economy is doing AMAZING - only up until that horrible guy got elected and then BOOM our market tanked just because of him and for no other reason whatsoever. I tell ya', your expert knowledge comes in really handy.

And then they started recovering until Obama won the election.

Obama is a disaster waiting to happen. He plans to destroy 60 percent of our electrical net by driving prices so high no one can pay them, with no replacement for them. He plans to increase taxes on Business which will drive more companies out of the Country and bankrupt others, He plans to oppose all drilling and force us off oil and gas with NO alternate source available, he opposes Nuclear power.

He plans to redistribute those well off's wealth for his programs drying up even more potential business generation.

AND what would be Obama's benefit for doing all that you say? His reelection in 4 years? :cuckoo:

Obama hasn't even been sworn in it yet. so don't blame him for this mess. blame the man that's sitting in the white house right now.

Obama hasn't even been sworn in it yet. so don't blame him for this mess. blame the man that's sitting in the white house right now.

that's always been the easy way out for a liberal hasn't it. Blame the one sitting right now in the office. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd then someone a lib I think posted just the other day that if Obamalama fails it won't be his fault. after all everybody knows "he can't do it alone" I went out and bought me some depends cause I keep peeing in my pants laughing at you left wing loons.

All of you guys are smarter than this.

Obama has nothing to do with the current economy.

And no, it is not all of Bush's fault either.

It's been said here a 100 times but I guess many simply choose to ignore it, but the Dems and Repubs both led us into this mess.

Guess what?

Obama or McCain, it doesn't matter! Our economic woes are going to continue for some time and we haven't even seen the worst of it yet.

When the market takes a massive hit, as it has done numerous times now, it doesn't fully impact the rest of the country for some time.

Hold on folks, it's going to get worse before it gets better and anyone that puts this squarely on Obama or Bush simply hasn't been paying attention or doesn't understand.

My .02

Everyone can go back to finger pointing now.

AND what would be Obama's benefit for doing all that you say? His reelection in 4 years? :cuckoo:

I love how you blind deaf and dumb people do not even read , watch or listen to what is posted here for you to see. There are several threads already on the board with Obama SAYING all that I said, yet you people keep pretending he did not say it.

As for simpleton that would be you brain dead drones ignoring reality while marching off the cliff like good little lemmings.

actually, it is ALL ABOUT THE FACT that the banks, given a near $300 billion in bailout money so far, ARE STILL REFUSING TO LOAN THIS MONEY TO OTHERS.

They have decided to pay their own, huge bonuses and pay their own stock holders billions in dividends but they are NOT doing what paulson's bailout was suppose to do, and that is to loan money to wall street.

The economy will be covered with roses. Oh so the media says.

Care4all, $1 trillion dollars have been given as bailout. Obama already has a Trillion dollar deficit. Most likely a record. After all, he, along with the conceded opponent McCain, voted yes for another one of Bush (failed like the last eight years) policy.

You're right Sarg, its all Obama's fault and not your monkey boy Bush. I'm so glad that the majority of the people in North Carolina don't think like you. You keep further and further proving that we don't ever need anyone in the military ANYWHERE near the White House

The economy will be covered with roses. Oh so the media says.

Care4all, $1 trillion dollars have been given as bailout. Obama already has a Trillion dollar deficit. Most likely a record. After all, he, along with the conceded opponent McCain, voted yes for another one of Bush (failed like the last eight years) policy.
yes, but what i have read is that only a little less than $300 billion has been doled out to the banks....to date....but with this $300 billion the banks have done nothing to ease the ability for others to get credit.

paulson made a mistake by not helping lehmann's and letting it go down, while saving an AIG, it gave the wrong message to the world and started this tumble

You can't compare Lehman and AIG

AIG is a monster of epic proportions.

I am not advocating the bail out but I can see why they gave AIG a second thought compared to Lehman

Most of what you see has a part of AIG in it

You're right Sarg, its all Obama's fault and not your monkey boy Bush. I'm so glad that the majority of the people in North Carolina don't think like you. You keep further and further proving that we don't ever need anyone in the military ANYWHERE near the White House

racist.

you can't call GW a monkey boy if you won't call BHO a monkey boy

You can't compare Lehman and AIG

AIG is a monster of epic proportions.

I am not advocating the bail out but I can see why they gave AIG a second thought compared to Lehman

Most of what you see has a part of AIG in it

letting a 75 year old institution fall was the beginning of the lack of confidence and irratic mrkts...heard it from all the financial gurus on 24/7 business channels

how did paulson choose to protect some businesses and not others.... bear sterns, aig, fannie, freddie but not lehmann a backbone institution?

I don't think they should have saved bear sterns either, even though sterns was a bit different cause they gave the money to chase to buy them over and chase is paying it back.

Lehman wanted direct money from thne fed to bail them out. fuck them

I would love to say the same about AIG, fuck them also. I can see why the government stepped in tho, AIG is a monster.

Fannie and Fredy are also different because they were "backed by the government" whatever the fuck that means

Forum List

Back