Marketing Mallrats(?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Georgetown University's Department of Theology offers studies/courses in Religious Pluralism and is therefore an educational resource for those interested in the impact of multiculturalism on modern religion.

The modern world is filled with all kinds of pop-culture 'avatars' that appeal to a multicultural audience. These fictional characters/avatars are either mythology-allusions (e.g., Cupid - Valentine's Day) or modernism inventions (e.g., Cyclonus - A.I. robotic-warrior).

Cyclonus for example is a 'wolfish' robot symbolizing ruthlessness and deception, and he's from the popular Transformers (Hasbro) A.I. fantasy-adventure franchise which includes recent big-budget Hollywood (USA) films such as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" [2009].

As a robot, Cyclonus represents a universal curiosity about the machinations of greed and ambition and is therefore an ideal 'avatar' to reference for pluralism discussions.

Indeed, Georgetown theology professors might discuss the sociocultural significance of the marketing of Cyclonus stories to youngsters in modern times interested in A.I. metaphysics/folklore. Cyclonus is, after all, considered 'evil.'

If you do some research this weekend at Georgetown's Riggs Library, you might find some interesting A.I. metaphysics work by Sir Isaac Asimov and how such work is relevant to modern-day pluralism-spiritualism studies (by a divinity-department or even anthropology-department).

So how can we coordinate new age folklore with sociologically symbolic metaphysics-pensive stories (e.g., Toys)? Such a question is important for understanding pluralism, the impact of global consumerism (toys, cartoons, dolls) on ideology, and the metaphysical role of storytelling itself.

This is the sort of 'reoriented' consumerism-based intellectualism which should be the signature of our arguably commerce-biased 'TrumpUSA.'

cyc1.jpg

====

CYCLONUS: Capitalism is piracy!
TRUMP: Consumers embrace the global network.
CYCLONUS: Toys are for idleness and juvenile fantasies.
TRUMP: We market toys to encourage youngsters to be friendly!
CYCLONUS: Does Georgetown University care about consumerism?
TRUMP: Every major American school/university cares about commerce.
CYCLONUS: Perhaps 'modernism' will reorient metaphysics-analysis.
TRUMP: Well, the conveniences of consumerism certainly create labor-consciousness.
CYCLONUS: Do toys inspire thinking about the spiritual value of labor?
TRUMP: I think within the context of 'commerce-culture' they do!
CYCLONUS: Theologians can evaluate the customs-value of Tonka toy construction vehicles.
TRUMP: Yes, I agree; Tonka toy-trucks symbolize industry and labor-imagination (for kids).
CYCLONUS: As a robot (myself), I find interesting 'links' between construction and fatigue.
TRUMP: Labor is the primary metaphysical subject of modern times (e.g., Wall Street).
CYCLONUS: I wonder why I'm considered 'evil.'
TRUMP: Perhaps it's because you're too fixated on the 'piracy' of inventories!

====

library.jpg

Forum List

Back