Market Snapshot II...the indestructable DOW

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Once again the DOW is showing the remarkable resiliency of the current bubble....to the point of outright lunacy.

ONE YEAR SNAPSHOT::::
Shanghai.....-5.7%
Hang Seng......-12.51%
Euro........ -11%
S&P Composite.... -9.73%
TSEC..... -15.92%

And then there is the DOW...... +7.89%

The thing that gets me - is when this bubble bursts - it will have a LARGE negative effect on the overall economy that doesn't have anything to do with it...again.

this is all a mess and as toro said and I agree, the market is untradeable right now.

electronic trading is costing firms money apparently due to a glitch , Draghi the euro octopus says, " hey will do whatever we have to do" ( see: we will keep kicking the can till this whole thing blows up)

plus;

European Bonds Give Up ALL Draghi "Believe" Gains In Worst Day In Over A Decade

Spanish sovereign bond spreads blew almost 60bps wider today - that is the single-largest absolute move in spreads on record.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/european-bonds-give-all-draghi-believe-gains-worst-day-over-decade

and our market trades up, while reporting mediocre revenue from the fort. 500 and downgrades to same for the year...:lol:

It pisses me off to no end. You can't possibly have large assets in the market for long term security anymore...I have a busy job, I can't spend hours a day trying to find some place that won't melt at any moment.
Idiocy.

Fantastic!!!...the FED might, again, perhaps, probably, should...but maybe not - but likely provide more assistance - so YEAAAHH!!!...we're up 237 points...f*ckin' A boys!!

It pisses me off to no end. You can't possibly have large assets in the market for long term security anymore...I have a busy job, I can't spend hours a day trying to find some place that won't melt at any moment.
Idiocy.

For the last 10 years you could have had your money in gold and spent maybe 1/20th of the entire time actually wondering if it was a good place to be.

Idiocy.

For the last 10 years you could have had your money in gold and spent maybe 1/20th of the entire time actually wondering if it was a good place to be.

If you can predict the future, with no indications from the past...then sure. If you look at the 30 year history of gold, you see that from 1982-2002 the price of gold stayed essentially flat at around $400 an oz. The boom in the last 10 years, is just a bubble, a bubble that has already reached its peak.

Its already off over 15% of its peak of around 1900. In the last year it has lost over 9%. If anything I wouldn't be buying gold right now, I would be shorting it. In reality I wouldn't do that either, because certain actions by the fed could increase it again short term, but long term, these prices are not sustainable.

Idiocy.

If you can predict the future, with no indications from the past...then sure. If you look at the 30 year history of gold, you see that from 1982-2002 the price of gold stayed essentially flat at around $400 an oz. The boom in the last 10 years, is just a bubble, a bubble that has already reached its peak.

Its already off over 15% of its peak of around 1900. In the last year it has lost over 9%. If anything I wouldn't be buying gold right now, I would be shorting it. In reality I wouldn't do that either, because certain actions by the fed could increase it again short term, but long term, these prices are not sustainable.

From 82 to 2002 the government wasn't quadrupling the national debt, running trillion dollar deficits, and the Fed wasn't expanding its balance sheet to unprecedented levels and monetizing government debt.

Gold isn't at $1600 for nothing.

Forum List

Back