Market laws

Nov 23, 2011
One of the first things that needs done is to require a seven to fourteen day hold on all stock purchases. In an effort to stop the high stakes gambling like a slot machine. Lets face it in you have the capitol you can buy in and drive the price up and sell out with in twenty four hours with a huge profit leaving the little guy holding the bag. Technology has out done the market laws. In the old days you had to use a broker and go through a delayed process to get or sell your stocks. Today it can be done with in seconds with the use of online trading. We have to add risk to these money bags that are playing the small guy for what they can get and selling out within a short time span after buying in. Leaving the small guy holding the bag. A seven to fourteen day hold on all puchases of stocks and comodities will not totally resove the issues but would slow down some of them. And add risk back to them. I beleive it would also help to stabilize our markets by slowing down some of the Day Trading (High Stakes Gambling Like a slot machine). It would give the average joe tme to sell out from under them. Should they sell before the holding period their could be a subtantial tax penalty to be put towrd the Dept.

Liquidity is needed in the markets and while a 7 to 14 day hold would help the little guy,it would slow down the markets to a crawl.Our budget deficit,real estate bubble,and euro zone problems would be minor compared to your idea.The more money the better the markets function your idea would slow the market by 90% if not completely destroy it.

One of the first things that needs done is to require a seven to fourteen day hold on all stock purchases. In an effort to stop the high stakes gambling like a slot machine. Lets face it in you have the capitol you can buy in and drive the price up and sell out with in twenty four hours with a huge profit leaving the little guy holding the bag. Technology has out done the market laws. In the old days you had to use a broker and go through a delayed process to get or sell your stocks. Today it can be done with in seconds with the use of online trading. We have to add risk to these money bags that are playing the small guy for what they can get and selling out within a short time span after buying in. Leaving the small guy holding the bag. A seven to fourteen day hold on all puchases of stocks and comodities will not totally resove the issues but would slow down some of them. And add risk back to them. I beleive it would also help to stabilize our markets by slowing down some of the Day Trading (High Stakes Gambling Like a slot machine). It would give the average joe tme to sell out from under them. Should they sell before the holding period their could be a subtantial tax penalty to be put towrd the Dept.

I'm one of the little guys. Your rule would stop me from trading. I am up 200%, since March 2011. I have done this by using EFTs and I need to sell quickly if the market moves against me. I never hold a position without a sell stop in place to protect me. I will not buy a stock with out that protection. No. this rule would cause a lot of us little guys to leave the market, which would drive the market down. Buy and hold is not working in the current market. The only thing that is working is short term trading and yes, sometimes it is a day-trade.

Whenever we buy a stock, hoping its' price increases, we are gambling. Doesn't matter if we hold it for a day or years, it's still gambling. The only true investors in the market are those who buy a stock for the dividend. I am doing much better gambling, so I don't think I will be investing anytime soon.

Forum List

Back