Mark Twain rolls over in his grave

The founding fathers?

If you want to be obtuse about the point I'm trying to make, be my guest. But I made the point quite clear of the type of people who have brought us to this point where some felt it was necessary that in order to have Huck Finn read, we need to change it. The same type of people also try to get "To Kill A Mockingbird" banned in schools for many of the same reasons.

The people that want to get it read are apparently parents that fear the word ******.

I don't have a problem with it because 1) The original version is widely available and 2) It is not the first sanitized copy out there.

FAUXrage.

I wonder who is more upset about this...I'm going to guess white people. :lol:

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Mark Twain wrote that "the difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter." A new edition of "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" and "Tom Sawyer" will try to find out if that holds true by replacing the N-word with "slave" in an effort not to offend readers.

New edition removes Mark Twain's 'offensive' words - Yahoo! News

I think its very wrong to sanitize literature. It sounds more like a ploy to sell books on the publishers part.

I am however sick to death of everything being politically correct. So longs as blacks call them selves by that term then there is nothing wrong with the word itself.

Forum List

Back