Mark Kirk; Right-Wing "Mathematics"

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
"Republican Mark Kirk, hours away from being sworn in as a US senator, said Monday that efforts to extend jobless benefits are misguided but argued it is imperative to extend Bush's tax cuts for wealthy Americans.

On MSNBC's Morning Joe Monday, Kirk said current proposals to extend unemployment benefits "take us into the direction of Greece and Ireland that are now imploding as economies."

"We see overseas what happens when governments spend money they don't have," he added. "Proposals to extend unemployment insurance by just adding it to the deficit are misguided."

Howard Dean, who appeared on the show as well, also questioned Kirk's position.

"He wants to give tax breaks to people who make a million dollars a year and then deny unemployment benefits to people who are just getting by?" Dean asked. "I don't get that."

"You've got to pay for helping people who have lost their jobs but you don't have to pay for giving tax breaks to people who make a million dollars a year?" he added.

Where do Republicans manage to find so many C-students, like Kirk & George Bush?????

:eusa_eh:

"Republican Mark Kirk, hours away from being sworn in as a US senator, said Monday that efforts to extend jobless benefits are misguided but argued it is imperative to extend Bush's tax cuts for wealthy Americans.

On MSNBC's Morning Joe Monday, Kirk said current proposals to extend unemployment benefits "take us into the direction of Greece and Ireland that are now imploding as economies."

"We see overseas what happens when governments spend money they don't have," he added. "Proposals to extend unemployment insurance by just adding it to the deficit are misguided."

"He wants to give tax breaks to people who make a million dollars a year and then deny unemployment benefits to people who are just getting by?" Dean asked. "I don't get that."

"You've got to pay for helping people who have lost their jobs but you don't have to pay for giving tax breaks to people who make a million dollars a year?" he added.

Where do Republicans manage to find so many C-students, like Kirk & George Bush?????

The guy that EARNS money is far more worthy than the guy that sits home and lives off the earnings off the one doing the earning.
The way I see it, losing one's benefits or the threat of losing benefits is a great incentive to become an earner once again.

Between Shitnao reposting crap off the HuffPo and Mr. Shitman posting out of his ass it's a wonder this site has any life left. If I were a leftist I'd be embarrassed by the brain power of these two dorks, which is only slightly higher than jello.

Between Shitnao reposting crap off the HuffPo and Mr. Shitman posting out of his ass it's a wonder this site has any life left. If I were a leftist I'd be embarrassed by the brain power of these two dorks, which is only slightly higher than jello.
I think the Jell-o people are now insulted.

The guy that EARNS money is far more worthy than the guy that sits home and lives off the earnings off the one doing the earning.
Agreed!!! But....the work the 1%ers' broker$ are doing....for them....isn't the issue.

Try to stay on-subject. :rolleyes:

*yawn*

Get a brain and learn how to post something intelligent, Goebbels.

Between Shitnao reposting crap off the HuffPo and Mr. Shitman posting out of his ass it's a wonder this site has any life left.
Yet....you keep-comin'-back....attempting to distract.....and, merely highlight your total-inability to deal with the subject-at-hand....just before you fall flat-on-your-face. :rolleyes:

(How do you explain your masochistic-tendencies? :eusa_eh: )​

John Kerry was a "C" student as well yet you probably voted for him and the Breck Girl. And if you do a little research you'll find something really surprising about John Kerrys' academic record.

Also, have you seen Barack Obamas' college transcripts? I'd like to compare them to the last few Presidents but I can't find them anywhere.

Funny considering you're the one who has proven you can't do basic math and have posted articles from the Onion as if they were factual. Keep exercising that "brain power".

And what advice would you heartless fucks give these three? It's easy when your lives are going along just ducky but that doesn't mean that you have the right to judge others....

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/04/stories-behind-statistics/

Lisa Meligan

Lisa Meligan, 46, started busing tables at 16 at Binion's. Her mother worked there for 46 years and knew Ted Binion.

Binion, she said, sent her to dealer school and she became a dealer. She moved to the Golden Nugget and then Mandalay Bay, where she was a floor manager for nearly 11 years before being laid off in May. She was earning nearly $80,000 a year.

Meligan was born and raised in the valley, and is unemployed for the first time.

She lost her Summerlin home. Her vehicle, too. She’s moved in with her mother. Since the layoff and losing her house, her teenage children have moved in with their dad.

From a lifetime of standing and walking, she has painful bulging discs, but had to stop going to the doctor because she no longer has health insurance. She had to wean herself from years of painkillers, and that wasn’t easy. Now she can’t sleep because of pain and stress.

She reads and takes walks. Without money or a car, there’s not much else to do, she says.

Meligan is considering leaving for Mississippi or other places where there might be work in the gaming industry. She’s applied everywhere in town, and knows the prospects aren’t good here.

Despite it all, she’s not bitter or angry. “I’m not the only one. So I don’t feel singled out.”

“I still have some hope,” she says.

Julian Gomez

Applying for unemployment for the first time in his life, Julian Gomez, who has two children and a third on the way, uses a computer to fill out the application Thursday at Nevada JobConnect in North Las Vegas.
Julian Gomez, 30, is on a computer New Year’s Eve at JobConnect, completing an application for unemployment benefits for the first time in his life. He’s worked without interruption since he was 16.

He came here from California during the boom three years ago, like so many before him. He drives a tour bus, and although he’s still employed, his hours have been whittled down to next to nothing. That started about three or four months ago. He’s on call, working every two or three days.

He has two daughters, ages 7 and 17 months, and another on the way.

“It’s basically my work, and my family,” he says of his world.

Gomez is strikingly calm and composed, considering what he’s facing.

“The more stressed you get, the worse it gets,” he says.

And with that, he turns back to the computer terminal.

Nelson Garcia

Nelson Garcia, who worked at Imperial Palace but now is just on call to work there, borrows a phone to call the unemployment office.
Nelson Garcia is on the phone, but on hold, with the state unemployment office. He’s been on hold two or three hours, trying to correct what he believes is an accounting error that has cost him some of the unemployment benefits he is owed.

In about 20 Sun interviews with the unemployed during the past month, these bureaucratic snafus are not uncommon.

Garcia is a banquet server at the Imperial Palace, but had his hours cut, finally down to nothing a month or two ago. Now he’s just on call.

He came to the United States in 1996 from Honduras and learned his fluent English in night school and on the street. He is working toward citizenship, he says.

He moved to Las Vegas in 2000. Before the Imperial Palace, he worked for the linen laundry company Mission Industries.

Garcia lost his house and says the stress weighs on him. He cannot sleep at night. “All the money, it just goes down and down.”

His best friend, who had a wife and four children, killed himself recently. They had worked together at Imperial Palace. Garcia says his friend suffered the weight of joblessness combined with the big responsibilities of a young family.

“My responsibility is to take care of his wife,” he says.

Forum List

Back