Mark Cuban charged with insider trading

GigiBowman

Oct 21, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban, owner of the National Basketball Association's Dallas Mavericks, was charged Monday by the Securities and Exchange Commission with insider trading.

According to the SEC, Cuban sold 600,000 shares of Internet search company Mamma.com in June 2004 using non-public information.

Cuban is accused of calling his broker and instructing him to sell all of his stock from Mamma.com after receiving the confidential information from the company.

The SEC said Cuban learned that the company would raise money through a public offering, and he knew the stock price was about to fall.

continued: Dallas Mavericks owner Cuban charged with insider trading - Nov. 17, 2008

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban, owner of the National Basketball Association's Dallas Mavericks, was charged Monday by the Securities and Exchange Commission with insider trading.

According to the SEC, Cuban sold 600,000 shares of Internet search company Mamma.com in June 2004 using non-public information.

Cuban is accused of calling his broker and instructing him to sell all of his stock from Mamma.com after receiving the confidential information from the company.

The SEC said Cuban learned that the company would raise money through a public offering, and he knew the stock price was about to fall.

continued: Dallas Mavericks owner Cuban charged with insider trading - Nov. 17, 2008

ooops---there goes one !

He'll be 'Dancing with the Stars" again!

O.J. and Heather Locklear to name a few..........

Dumb-ass is worth over 2 billion dollars and allegedly broke the law to save 750,000.00
What a fucking idiot.
I hope it winds up costing him way the hell more than that.
Stupid just goes clear through to the bone sometimes, doesn't it?

Dumb-ass is worth over 2 billion dollars and allegedly broke the law to save 750,000.00
What a fucking idiot.

He's got plenty of Jewish lawyer buddies---I wouldn't worry about him.

What a fucking idiot.

I just consider it the Martha Stewart syndrome. People this rich always get a heads up about stock prices before the rest of us.

It's a good thing God made me a poor man or I'd have probably done the same thing.

It's my understanding that they are charging him in civil court? Still though and this is just an editorial, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, Mark Cuban will IMO spend more than that just trying to defend himself to make a point. Here is a man who funded a film that for the most part denegrated the US Military "Loose Change" and supported a player on his team that quote " I don't need to stand at no fucking national anthem" Mark Cuban's response was to laugh because he thought it was all a big joke. Well it seems fate had a sense of humor after all Mr. Cuban.

2008 is NOT a year for the Maverick.

Gee, that's too bad. :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Now THAT was funny David!

Thank you. Thank you. I would like to thank my dog for being such a good supporter, and his half destroyed/de-stuffed stuffed animals for providing fodder and being inspiration. Finally, I'd like to Haggan Daas for giving me energy to stay up this long.

Gee, that's too bad. :eusa_whistle: :lol:

He is an Indiana University Grad.....

He moved to Dallas after graduating, with his roommate from IU. They wanted to watch IU Basketball games on tv, but couldn't get many in Texas. *remember, this was the mid 80's*

So he and his roommate devised a way to get IU games, then other college games, on people's computers, then their business got bought by Yahoo (maybe, not sure which company) for BILLIONS, and wala-you Texans had Mark Cuban for GOOD! :lol:

( He does donate a lot of money to IU though....)

These people are so used to having the insiders advantage that they no longer even think about the fact that they're breaking the law.

He'll likely end up paying a fine that in the long run will be far less than the insider trading benefits he's likely accrued over the years.

Yet another stupid idiot trying to lump together everyone in one religion. Do you think all black people commit violent crimes?

Blacks commit the majority of the violent crimes and Jews commit the majority of the "white collar" crimes.
And idiots like you run to their defense.

Blacks commit the majority of the violent crimes and Jews commit the majority of the "white collar" crimes.
And idiots like you run to their defense.

Hey sylverfoxx, you left out asians committing crimes of "massages with happy endings" and hispanics for opening too many Mexican Resturants.

Does that about cover it, wait, I guess you could insult women too.

Hey sylverfoxx, you left out asians committing crimes of "massages with happy endings" and hispanics for opening too many Mexican Resturants.

Does that about cover it, wait, I guess you could insult women too.

Hispanics commit all knife crimes.

Forum List

Back