Marital Rating Scales!

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Ladies,

Are you a good hostess to unexpected guests or do you wear RED NAIL Polish?

Do you flirt with other men at parties or restuarants or do you never to go to bed angry and always make up first?

Gentlemen,

Do you publicly praise your bachelor days and regret having married or do you read newspapers, books, or magazines aloud to your wife?

Do you SNORE or do you give your wife any allowance or turn your paycheck over to her?

Answer carefully folks!

You'll earn Demerits or Merits!

Although most people who read the test today find it humorous and obviously dated, Crane did attempt to make it scientific. His method was to interview 600 husbands on their wives' positive and negative qualities. Then he listed the 50 demerits and merits that arose most frequently. Crane, did admit to using a personal bias in weighting the items that he thought were most important in marriage.

Happy Valentine's Day! Try Out This Marital Rating Scale - Alexis Madrigal - National - The Atlantic

Last edited:
Turn your paycheck over to your wife?

My business partner does that, and I laugh at him for it.

hmmm i'm not married, but i find it to be very interesting that HONESTY was not one of your factors for determining marital strength. . . .

I'm 55, and only been married a total of possibly a year and a half in all those years. Marriage isn't what it's cracked up to be... IMO.

Forum List

Back