Marine's wedding day photo goes viral

Weird superstitions - bride and groom can't see each other and then talk to an invisible magic sky fairy.

Some wedding photographers ask if you want this photo.

I wish them well, a long happy marriage.

You just couldn't leave it alone, could you ?

Leave what alone? Are you going to try to claim that this thread is not an attempt by you to make a political statement? What....honestly.....was your purpose in starting this thread? Try not to lie.

Go play on the freeway, would you please.

Too hard? Can't own up to your motives? Can't answer honestly? Bucky got your point. Do you agree with him that there are three things the photo that liberals hate? Are you a super patriot because you get stoked by men in uniforms praying to your god?

He looks like he is praying
She looks like she is crying...what the fuck am I getting into?

It's gone viral because it's an image that stirs up a lot of emotions in many people...different assumptions could be made about what the husband is praying for and/or why the woman appears to be crying. Any of them are touching, and if the photographer didn't anticipate all of this attention, but it brings him a significant increase in business, then perhaps he'll be generous and the couple will not be charged for the pics.:)

Good luck to them.

As an aside, personally I'd be pretty angry if my photographer had put my wedding pictures on his website. My wedding was a private commitment between my husband and I, and our families and friends, not some.. idk media circus show. I had a contract with my photographer that bought me all rights to the photos and negatives. ~shrug~

In this case, the photographer probably owned the rights to the photos, and he/she probably knew the pics could bring business.
How extraordinarily ironic. He has a photo which is purportedly meant to suggest something very intimate, personal and spiritual, and yet he posts it on the internet so as to drum up business for himself, very mercenary, and all you religious and sentimental types cheer it on. What irony and hypocrisy.

Weird superstitions - bride and groom can't see each other and then talk to an invisible magic sky fairy.

Some wedding photographers ask if you want this photo.

I wish them well, a long happy marriage.
XvR8rLm.jpg

Forum List

Back