Marines Studying Mindfulness-Based Training

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
The U.S. Marine Corps, known for turning out some of the military's toughest warriors, is studying how to make its troops even tougher through meditative practices, yoga-type stretching and exercises based on mindfulness.

Marine Corps officials say they will build a curriculum that would integrate mindfulness-based techniques into their training if they see positive results from a pilot project. Mindfulness is a Buddhist-inspired concept that emphasizes active attention on the moment to keep the mind in the present.

Facing a record suicide rate and thousands of veterans seeking treatment for post-traumatic stress, the military has been searching for ways to reduce strains on service members burdened with more than a decade of fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Marine Corps officials are testing a series of brain calming exercises called "Mindfulness-Based Mind Fitness Training" that they believe could enhance the performance of troops, who are under mounting pressures from long deployments and looming budget cuts expected to slim down forces.

Marines Studying Mindfulness-Based Training - ABC News

Glad to see they are working on this problem. :cool:

The zero-defects crowd has seen that not allowing hard chargers the latitude to blow off steam is causing problems.

Yoga and meditation won't replace a case of beer and some float widows.

The Christian right ain't gonna like this. Teaching Buddhism to God's own chosen troops? :D

Marines studying yoga and West Point Cadets learning how to defeat the "vast right wing conspiracy". Welcome to the liberal military.

Have you seen, "Men who stare at goats". I laughed my ass off at some of that because I saw some similarities to some things I saw while in the service.

Have you seen, "Men who stare at goats". I laughed my ass off at some of that because I saw some similarities to some things I saw while in the service.

People who haven't been in the armed forces don't realize just how MUCH really stupid stuff goes on.

Men only stare at goats when the fat asses in the Pentagon are taking their afternoon naps and the people who couldn't find a spy in the next cubicle, the CIA, is running the show. Bill Clinton and his strange wife tried to force the Marines to train men and women in the same boot-camp platoons like the Army and (God love them) the Marines refused. A Clinton spokesperson at the time called them Neanderthals or sexist maniacs or something worse but they stuck to it. Stupid stuff might go on in the Army or the Navy but not the Marines.

Men only stare at goats when the fat asses in the Pentagon are taking their afternoon naps and the people who couldn't find a spy in the next cubicle, the CIA, is running the show. Bill Clinton and his strange wife tried to force the Marines to train men and women in the same boot-camp platoons like the Army and (God love them) the Marines refused. A Clinton spokesperson at the time called them Neanderthals or sexist maniacs or something worse but they stuck to it. Stupid stuff might go on in the Army or the Navy but not the Marines.

Yes, yes...we know. The Marines are God's perfect gift to mankind.

Pathetic response.

Pathetic response.

But true nonetheless. :cool:

10440p3.jpg

Forum List

Back