Marines still use bayonnets Obama should get educated

"Libs" would look like assholes if the president had said none. He didn't.

Do you think there are more, the same or fewer bayonets and horses in use by the military today than we're used in 1916?

fewer horses, more bayonets

in 1917....we had approximately 4 million troops. today we have about 1.4 million. So...in all likelihood, you're wrong about the bayonets too.

in 1916, however, it was about 100,000.

corpsman[ kawr-muh n, kohr- ]
noun plural corps·men.
1. an enlisted person working as a pharmacist or hospital assistant.
2. an enlisted person in the Medical Corps who accompanies combat troops into battle to give first aid, carry off the wounded, etc.
3. a member of any corps as of the Peace Corps.

So now you know you were mistaken?

Not only that, but our military still uses horses.

“The first time we used our horses to train Special Forces was right after 9/11,” explains Mark Rossignol, business manager for Smith Lake Stables. Fort Bragg is home to the U.S. Army’s Special Operations Forces. “They were being sent to Afghanistan, and often the only way they can travel over there is by horse.”

The rocky terrain found in remote areas of Afghanistan isn’t easy to traverse, even by jeep. Native horses become a mode of transportation.

Fort Bragg Military Horses

Looks like Obama made an ass of himself.....again.:D

The Border Patrol uses horses too. At least Obama knows that the boats that float under the water are called submarines.

Too funny! From part of the article:

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Libs really look like assholes over this. I love it!

bayonets-obama2-e1351012413827.jpg

The Gateway Pundit | Where Hope Finally Made a Comeback

They use horses in Afghanistan too, but what do you expect from the playtime in the tub president:

ObamalovestheNavy.jpg

fewer horses, more bayonets

in 1917....we had approximately 4 million troops. today we have about 1.4 million. So...in all likelihood, you're wrong about the bayonets too.

Actually....I was wrong.....From 1916 to the end of WWI, we had 4M troops....did some additional research and that was the total...The big boost happened with the Selective Service Act of 1917. It's kind of hard to pinpoint, but as far as I can tell....we drafted over 1 million in '17.

Hey, at least I admit when I err. Got to give me credit for that....anyway....Romney used 1917, Obama used 1916. My bad.

It really is difficult to find accurate statistics for that era....WWII? you can find a lot of information

• Thanks
Reactions: del
corpsman[ kawr-muh n, kohr- ]
noun plural corps·men.
1. an enlisted person working as a pharmacist or hospital assistant.
2. an enlisted person in the Medical Corps who accompanies combat troops into battle to give first aid, carry off the wounded, etc.
3. a member of any corps as of the Peace Corps.

So now you know you were mistaken?

Lol..yup. Didn't see the e the first time. Now, if you'd never heard the word corpsman, how do you think it would be pronounced?

My recruiter friend, who is an HS, told me lots of people, who had never heard it spoken, pronounce the "s".

I think most understood the point Romney was trying to make, but a desperate Obama saw his chance to take a cheat shot and went for it. What else has he got other than trying to trip Romney up and slow the momentum?

According to the official U.S. Marine Corps website, every Marine is STILL required to complete a bayonet training program … because “the weapon becomes just as effective [as a rifle] in close combat situations.”

We spoke with Dan Riker from Bayonet Inc. — a leading military surplus outlet that specializes in bayonets — who tells us he believes Obama’s comment was “ignorant … because our soldiers still use bayonets.”

He adds, “[Bayonets] are still distributed to the military all the time — he should get educated on it.”

Of course you would fail to realize what Obama said. You are a confused nut, so why would this be any different?

Wall Street Journal

However, in a war dominated by roadside bombs and insider attacks, hand-to-hand combat is pretty rare. Few Marines or soldiers ever use a bayonet and service members on patrol do not equip their rifles with bayonets.

The Marine who received the Navy Cross earlier this year for defeating a Taliban member in hand-to-hand combat, did not kill the man with a bayonet. Instead, Sgt. Cliff Wooldridge, killed the militant with the stock of an AK-47 rifle.

While Navy officials have privately expressed support for Mr. Romney’s plans to expand Navy shipbuilding, they have been taken aback by his comparisons of the modern fleet to the force nearly a century ago. Navy officials argue that just one or two of the Navy’s modern destroyers and submarines could take out the entire 1916 fleet with ease.

ICZJL.jpg

Last edited:

Actually....I was wrong.....From 1916 to the end of WWI, we had 4M troops....did some additional research and that was the total...The big boost happened with the Selective Service Act of 1917. It's kind of hard to pinpoint, but as far as I can tell....we drafted over 1 million in '17.

Hey, at least I admit when I err. Got to give me credit for that....anyway....Romney used 1917, Obama used 1916. My bad.

It really is difficult to find accurate statistics for that era....WWII? you can find a lot of information

yep, it is.

there was an act of congress in late 1916 that allowed the army to ramp up for the war to end all wars. before that it was capped at 100,000 but typically was less, and between the wars it went way back down as well.

Forum List

Back