Marines need help. Support Toys for Tots.

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, over the weekend, I kept hearing about a recurring story on the news that kind of bothers me......

The Marines, who are capable of doing anything with nothing, need help. See, every year at this time, they collect toys to give to kids who won't be seeing Santa this year. Unfortunately, they can't give what they don't have, and enlisted pay is kinda spare. They are now running out of toys, and they haven't even become close to where they need to be.

Now......think about this for a second........

There is a guy who is taking 300 people to DC, and going to put them up for the inauguration. He's also keeping them at a 5 star hotel and paying for the whole thing himself.

There is another person who is renting their house out for 50,000/NITE! This is just for the inauguration also.

Now.....if people can spend that kind of money for just 24 hours of fun (granted, it is historic), but, it only covers 24 hours.

The joy that a child will have will last much longer. Not only that, but it may help them become a better person, and therefore a better citizen.

Now.....I know times are tight, but, if you see a Marine walking down the street over the next week, and you've got a couple of spare bucks, please, walk up, give him some money, and just say "Toys for Tots".

You'll be doing a good thing.

Toys for Tots is the best!

There are so many children out there that will have no presents on Christmas morning, trust me.

I have a little girl going to the Cops and Santa breakfast tomorrow. It's all she talked about today, she was going to go see Santa and get some toys!

Another of my boys lives in a homeless shelter with his mom and sister, someone donated gift certificates of $50 each for them to spend to buy toys and clothes for Christmas.

People can be so kind this time of year..........and it means so much to these kids!

i am doing food banks...sorry...food is more important than toys...i will try to make a small donation to toys for tots

I've given to the food bank through my school and also within my neighborhood. Canned goods, about 5 each. I wish I could do more. I did though, when I had the means.

A thought to remember, while Toys for Tots is geared towards the holidays, the need for food and other things, including toys, is a year round need. Perhaps the holidays for you leave you strapped, but in March you are on better footing. Contact your local outreach agency or public school. They can tell you what is needed.

Hey......every little bit helps......

When I was stationed in Memphis, I volunteered for the FedEx food drive every season. We covered meals from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

Spent my Christmas one year in Millington Tn, when they got hit by floods hard, and spent it pulling soggy people out of their homes. Remember riding my scooter then too.....pipes were underwater, but the carb was still in the air. Fun actually!

Yep......you're right......there are lots of people who are willing to do stuff for others this year.

One thing I would do if I had the cash, would be to find someone who has a sign (will work for food, etc), take 'em to a nice hotel, and tell them that they've got 1 day and 1 night there to clean up and eat, and room service is on the house.

Yep.....wish I had the cash........

You know, over the weekend, I kept hearing about a recurring story on the news that kind of bothers me......

The Marines, who are capable of doing anything with nothing, need help. See, every year at this time, they collect toys to give to kids who won't be seeing Santa this year. Unfortunately, they can't give what they don't have, and enlisted pay is kinda spare. They are now running out of toys, and they haven't even become close to where they need to be.

Now......think about this for a second........

There is a guy who is taking 300 people to DC, and going to put them up for the inauguration. He's also keeping them at a 5 star hotel and paying for the whole thing himself.

There is another person who is renting their house out for 50,000/NITE! This is just for the inauguration also.

Now.....if people can spend that kind of money for just 24 hours of fun (granted, it is historic), but, it only covers 24 hours.

The joy that a child will have will last much longer. Not only that, but it may help them become a better person, and therefore a better citizen.

Now.....I know times are tight, but, if you see a Marine walking down the street over the next week, and you've got a couple of spare bucks, please, walk up, give him some money, and just say "Toys for Tots".

You'll be doing a good thing.

We donate to Toys for Tots every year. I use to be a member of a motorcycle club called The Freemen and it was a BIG deal every year. A lot of fun too.

Nice to see that you actually have a heart, you SOB! :lol:

We donate to Toys for Tots every year. I use to be a member of a motorcycle club called The Freemen and it was a BIG deal every year. A lot of fun too.

Nice to see that you actually have a heart, you SOB! :lol:

Hey dear....when I've got the time and the cash, I go on the Toys for Tots ride here.

Big supporter of children. Didn't have much of a childhood myself, so, I can live vicariously by defending and helping them any way I can. Never too late for a happy childhood.

Hey dear....when I've got the time and the cash, I go on the Toys for Tots ride here.

Big supporter of children. Didn't have much of a childhood myself, so, I can live vicariously by defending and helping them any way I can. Never too late for a happy childhood.

Agreed. Some of us give to let others have what we did. Others to have what they wished they'd had. In either case, the benefactor gets more than the recipient, regardless of the amount of the gift. Let the children have some happiness and the parents a few minutes to bask in it.

Good Message USN, Retired.

Our local program has been going pretty good here. It has been heart warming, so many are out of work or simply on very tight budgets, but, they seem to be ahead of previous years. The same is taking place on food donations for those less fortunate.

On the work for our troops abroad, again, great results. Gift boxes and letters of support are rolling in. It is especially humbling given the economic situation.

That is why I enjoy the holiday season Nov. - Jan. so much. No matter ones beliefs, ethnic background or social status, everyone can pitch in and give something, even if it is just a little time to spend with another who has no one.

A small toy at a dollar store is pretty cheap and could bring hours and hours of joy to a little one who may not have much joy in their life. As much as children need the essentials, they need to have fun as well.

Again, wonderful reminder, thank you!

Forum List

Back