Marines discharge sergeant for Facebook posts

Fuck people, Get it straight. The man screwed up, he broke the rules (UCMJ) He knows it, I know it, we all know it.

He is being kicked out of the military after 9 years on active duty and is a combat veteran. He is being kicked out because he did something any of us can do and actually do on a daily basis.

I have made the point that I believe that the Corps (Notice I did not say Obama) is being overly harsh on him and that his punishment is overkill. They could just as easily gave him an administrative discharge under honorable conditions. Or just took his stripes and made him a private again, before denying him re-enlistment. But for some reason they took away all of his rights as a veteran. How many employers today ask about veteran status? He cannot go to a VA clinic, He cannot join the American Legion Or the VFW. He cannot use his GI Bill,Can't get a VA home loan...... Pretty damned harsh........

Well Said Ollie, while its one thing to get Discharged under the UCMJ, one can get all type of discharges up to and including "honorable". Personally and this is just a humble opinion here the Marine in this case knew to call into question the CIC in public was not a good idea and contrary to good order. Having said that, given the fact that he has served this nation honorably in the past, I would like to think that just the seperation should be enough and with a discharge as you mentioned.

Forum List

Back