Marine Who Penned Scathing Letter to Sen. Feinstein Now Says He’s Getting Death Threa

How ironic how a veteran of the armed forces stands up to a public servant, reaffirming our Constitutional right to bear arms, and the gun grabbers in this thread belittle his service to his country in response. Of course, there is no doubt in my mind that these very same people wet their pants when conservatives treated John Kerry the same way in 2004.

You have all the nutter techniques down solid.

Praise the veteran, pretend the public servant needs standing-up to, mention the Constitution, use a negative term to describe the opposition and then deflect AND play victim in one breath.

Perfect.

All I've done is point out what you guys have done. The anti-gun peanut gallery in this thread has been attacking this guy's service, which has absolutely nothing to do with his message, because they don't like his message. Why don't you talk to those people making the comments instead of belly aching over me for pointing it out?

How ironic how a veteran of the armed forces stands up to a public servant, reaffirming our Constitutional right to bear arms, and the gun grabbers in this thread belittle his service to his country in response. Of course, there is no doubt in my mind that these very same people wet their pants when conservatives treated John Kerry the same way in 2004.

You have all the nutter techniques down solid.

Praise the veteran, pretend the public servant needs standing-up to, mention the Constitution, use a negative term to describe the opposition and then deflect AND play victim in one breath.

Perfect.

All I've done is point out what you guys have done. The anti-gun peanut gallery in this thread has been attacking this guy's service, which has absolutely nothing to do with his message, because they don't like his message. Why don't you talk to those people making the comments instead of belly aching over me for pointing it out?

Nobody attacked his service. They said he must be a dolt to fail to advance in rank in 8 years. That is attacking his intelligence.

You did not address what HE SAID. Instead you keyed in on my choice of words. That is the way someone avoids admitting their mistake.

What he says about Russia and Nazi Germany, while improbable in the near future, is not all that far fetched long term. Part of the current discussion is to create a national database of firearm owners. If they ever want to go the Full Monty and try to take them all away they'll know exactly who has them.

It is very, very far fetched.

I didn't say it was likely to happen in the near future. In fact, I believe I was quite clear that it's a long term concern.

We elect the people who make the laws.

Correct, and what happens if the day comes that the knee-jerk bed wetters like yourself end up outnumbering the rest of us who think logically and possess more common sense?

You are a nut.

No, I'm just more knowledgeable in world history than you are. That's an issue with you, not me, but if thinking I'm a nut makes you feel superior and helps you sleep better at night, by all means, proceed. It's no skin off my nose.

Nobody attacked his service. They said he must be a dolt to fail to advance in rank in 8 years. That is attacking his intelligence.

Keep telling yourself that. :eusa_whistle:

It is your opinion that the proposed regulation is "sensible." Millions of others, including myself, do not agree with you.

Yeah, but it's not confiscation is it? And that's just silly.

Nobody wants to take away people's guns.

There are plenty of people who want to take away people's guns and yes, some of them are in the Congress. Is that what's going to happen in the near future? No, but it's just one more incremental step in that direction.

But in order for that to truly happen, you would have to get the 2nd repealed. And that will never happen. Ever.

The only other way to do so is if a despot takes over your country. Again, that will never happen. Not in a million years.

His service, I'm pretty sure, is quite honorable...but only E-4 in 8 years? In wartime? Really? :eusa_eh: What's up with that?

There are plenty of people who want to take away people's guns and yes, some of them are in the Congress. Is that what's going to happen in the near future? No, but it's just one more incremental step in that direction.

But in order for that to truly happen, you would have to get the 2nd repealed. And that will never happen. Ever..

No, you just need five judges on the Supreme Court of the United States to determine that the Second Amendment does NOT guarantee a right for individuals to bear arms. I will remind you that the Heller v DC decision a few years ago that did reaffirm it only did so by a 5-4 decision. That was very concerning to me at the time. It should have been an easy 9-0.

His service, I'm pretty sure, is quite honorable...but only E-4 in 8 years? In wartime? Really? :eusa_eh: What's up with that?

Hey, it's a legitimate question, I agree. It sounds odd to me too, but you know very well you guys were using that to discredit him, and it's completely irrelevant to the whole issue.

Hey, it's a legitimate question, I agree. It sounds odd to me too, but you know very well you guys were using that to discredit him, and it's completely irrelevant to the whole issue.

I just question the "with-it-ness" of some one like that. If you want to think of him as a sterling example of outstanding Marine-hood....go right ahead.

But in order for that to truly happen, you would have to get the 2nd repealed. And that will never happen. Ever..

No, you just need five judges on the Supreme Court of the United States to determine that the Second Amendment does NOT guarantee a right for individuals to bear arms. I will remind you that the Heller v DC decision a few years ago that did reaffirm it only did so by a 5-4 decision. That was very concerning to me at the time. It should have been an easy 9-0.

I have seen several interpretations of what the exact wording means, and it can be ambiguous. I would argue that most anti-gun people could find the wording to enhance their case, as could the pro-gunners.

What he says about Russia and Nazi Germany, while improbable in the near future, is not all that far fetched long term. Part of the current discussion is to create a national database of firearm owners. If they ever want to go the Full Monty and try to take them all away they'll know exactly who has them.

It is very, very far fetched.

I didn't say it was likely to happen in the near future. In fact, I believe I was quite clear that it's a long term concern.

We elect the people who make the laws.

Correct, and what happens if the day comes that the knee-jerk bed wetters like yourself end up outnumbering the rest of us who think logically and possess more common sense?

You are a nut.

No, I'm just more knowledgeable in world history than you are. That's an issue with you, not me, but if thinking I'm a nut makes you feel superior and helps you sleep better at night, by all means, proceed. It's no skin off my nose.

What makes you think I am knee-jerk about this issue?

Who told you that you were logical?

What are your credentials regarding knowledge of world history?

Are we still talking about the Marine who put down his gun to write a letter.

Should have been a dishonorable discharge.

Nobody wants to take away people's guns.

This never gets any less ridiculous when someone says it. And the answer doesn't change.

I guarantee if Feinstein and many others could get the votes they'd take em' faster than a hooker grabs a C note.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=blXkl9YVoHo]Dianne Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube[/ame]

Fake death threats sent by rightwing provocateurs to rightwingers in the news is standard practice now,

and pretty worn out btw.

We have noticed that whenever there have been death threats or killings they always turn out to be either cowardly union thugs, craven, devout Progressive Marxists, or just plain old psychotics. That's seems to exactly fit your image of heroes.
Your idols listed as follows;
Lee Harvey Oswald,
Dylan Klebold,
Eric Harris
Joe Stark,
Amy Bishop,
Jared Loughner,
James Holmes and
Adam Lanza
Hmm.., not a Tea party member among them.

So, according to the progressives on this forum, it is okay for this guy to get death threats.

Good to know.

No they're saying he needs to grow a pair. Go eat shit and I hope you die is not a real death threat.

I've heard his letter read on the air on a local radio station....I think they said he's an 8 year veteran? and a cpl? during wartime?

Makes one go......hmmmmm.

Why is that so "hmmmmm" to you? In the Marine Corps a Corporal is an E-4. In the Corps, simply making E-4 is a difficult endeavor. Only about half of all E-3s will succeed in doing so.

Forum List

Back