Marine who lost arm, leg in Iraq mugged outside Washington

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
BUFFALO, N.Y. It's another bit of bad luck for a Marine who lost an arm and a leg in Iraq.

Lance Corporal Mark Beyers was mugged and robbed outside a restaurant in Bethesda, Maryland, last month.

The Marine from western New York was dining out with his wife, Denise, while finishing up rehabilitation at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

As they left the restaurant, five men approached them and asked for a cigarette. Denise Beyers tells The Buffalo News they gave the men a cigarette -- but the men grabbed her purse, kicked her and knocked the couple to the ground.

The thieves made off with 500 dollars just wired to them by a relative.

Mark Beyers expects to be back home in the Buffalo area this weekend. His family is planning a fund-raiser for him on August 12th.

http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=5236282&nav=0zGo

-Cp said:
BUFFALO, N.Y. It's another bit of bad luck for a Marine who lost an arm and a leg in Iraq.

Lance Corporal Mark Beyers was mugged and robbed outside a restaurant in Bethesda, Maryland, last month.

The Marine from western New York was dining out with his wife, Denise, while finishing up rehabilitation at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

As they left the restaurant, five men approached them and asked for a cigarette. Denise Beyers tells The Buffalo News they gave the men a cigarette -- but the men grabbed her purse, kicked her and knocked the couple to the ground.

The thieves made off with 500 dollars just wired to them by a relative.

Mark Beyers expects to be back home in the Buffalo area this weekend. His family is planning a fund-raiser for him on August 12th.

http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=5236282&nav=0zGo

That's just messed up.

GunnyL said:
That's just messed up.
Where the heck is all the debate? Remember all the posts when that Marine down south took on his assaulters, took guns away from them and proceeded to take them all out (there was a pregnant woman involved I beleive)? Some folks were denigrating his actions and even implying he was a wuss because of the actions he took against the woman assaulter. I guess this incident is more to their liking.

CSM said:
Where the heck is all the debate? Remember all the posts when that Marine down south took on his assaulters, took guns away from them and proceeded to take them all out (there was a pregnant woman involved I beleive)? Some folks were denigrating his actions and even implying he was a wuss because of the actions he took against the woman assaulter. I guess this incident is more to their liking.

Well yeah ..... the bad guys won. I'm sure they were just misguided and misunderstood products of broken homes and an impoverished environment.

Forum List

Back