Marine rejected at school

Gabriella84 said:
Just because the principal did the wrong thing does not give the teacher the right to do the wrong thing.
As Kathianne mentioned, if the teacher had taken the high road, gone up the chain of command, and then gone to the media, the case would have been a LOT stronger. Instead, the school administration is given the opportunity to hide behind "protocol" as an excuse.
As usual, you are WRONG. IF anybody should have taken the high road here, it should have been the principal. Period. Leader's should always take the high road whether those under their charge do or not. You have a LOT to learn.

Gabriella84 said:
Just because the principal did the wrong thing does not give the teacher the right to do the wrong thing.
As Kathianne mentioned, if the teacher had taken the high road, gone up the chain of command, and then gone to the media, the case would have been a LOT stronger. Instead, the school administration is given the opportunity to hide behind "protocol" as an excuse.

I'm so disappointed Gabby-----I thought you of all people would recognize civil dosobedience when you see it. The teacher was compelled by her conscience to disobey protocal so the "right" thing could be heard.

dilloduck said:
I'm so disappointed Gabby-----I thought you of all people would recognize civil dosobedience when you see it. The teacher was compelled by her conscience to disobey protocal so the "right" thing could be heard.

Oh, right you are! I should have known! :bow3:

It's a simple school matter. If someone in higher authority is wrong, you follow channels, then point out who is wrong and why.
Well, except if you are Merlin. Then you return to the school in a tank and demand that the marine be allowed to speak, or else.

As emotional as I am about this story, here's what I think.

The Marine (and his teacher friend) while well-intentioned, did overstep their bounds. So while it's too bad the kids didn't get to hear about the Marine's experience, they probably should have known better.

The principal, based on her actions, is a coward. If she didn't want the Marine there, she should have grabbed sack and rejected the request.

The superintendent ought to take some type of negative personnel action against the principal.

Gabriella84 said:

It's a simple school matter. If someone in higher authority is wrong, you follow channels, then point out who is wrong and why.
Well, except if you are Merlin. Then you return to the school in a tank and demand that the marine be allowed to speak, or else.

What can I say? You're an idiot.

Gabriella84 said:

:bs1:

It doesn't require a tank to slap the teeth out some cowardly lib's mouth. Just one good backhand.

If the teacher violated administrative protocal it is the principal's responsibility to point that out to him and explain proper procedure. SHE is in the leadership position. She was derelict in her duty to the teacher for no more reason than it suited her political agenda.

Forum List

Back