Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine

Now there's a man who knows how to protect his retirement.
The left feels that the officer has had a change of heart. He now supports gays in the military. That's not true. He has probably got a lot of time invested in his career and will play that out. Then he can be free of gays, the orders and the loss of eveything he fought for his whole life.

Just for technical clarification...

General Amos entered military service in 1970 and therefore could retire at any time after 1990, as of 2010 he could have retired with 30 years prior to DADT being repealed if he felt the need not to serve with homosexuals.

The idea that he's "hanging around" to protect retirement is hornswoggle.

>>>>

I'm certain that the General has his own reasons for not being ready to retire yet. I had my reasons for going 22 years and not 23. The point many are making is that he has to make public statements in the grain that he did or he would be forced to retire. Therefore we do not know how he actually feels about it.........

I'm also sure he has reasons for not being ready to retire...

My post was for the non-military types who may read this thread to point out that your post about "protecting his retirement" was not an issue, he's earned his retirement and he could have retired prior to DADT being repealed.

>>>>

You must have never served in the military did you? Because if you did you'd know that a 4-star general's retirement is always "protected".

Do you honestly believe that the man was against open homosexuality in the marines and overnight changed his mind the minute it was legalized.

The man is a liar. He has taken opposite positions depending on what regulations call for. He is lying about his state of mind. Either he was lying before the ban went into effect and always supported open homosexuality, or he is lying now.

I don't blame him or fault him. I would do the same thing in his position.

If that's the case then his honor and integrity can be bought by a retirement check. Sad.

You have no room to talk you racist fuck.

You must have never served in the military did you? Because if you did you'd know that a 4-star general's retirement is always "protected".

Do you honestly believe that the man was against open homosexuality in the marines and overnight changed his mind the minute it was legalized.

The man is a liar. He has taken opposite positions depending on what regulations call for. He is lying about his state of mind. Either he was lying before the ban went into effect and always supported open homosexuality, or he is lying now.

I don't blame him or fault him. I would do the same thing in his position.

If that's the case then his honor and integrity can be bought by a retirement check. Sad.

You have neither honor nor integrity, that is beyond sad.

ANYONE who opposed the repeal of DADT and supported the repeal after it was repealed has neither honor nor integrity.

I assume for whatever reason the Commandant is faking.

ANYONE who opposed the repeal of DADT and supported the repeal after it was repealed has neither honor nor integrity.

I assume for whatever reason the Commandant is faking.

the commandant has received an order and is doing his best to comply with it.

that's what good officers do, their feelings about their orders notwithstanding.

it's a military thing, you wouldn't understand.

Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine Corps Ball

Marine Commandant Gen. James Amos — who strongly opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell last year — told NPR’s Morning Edition yesterday that he is “very proud” of how the Marines have handled the repeal of the policy last month. “I’m very pleased now,” Amos said and explained that his previous statements in support of the ban were expressing the hesitancy for change within the Marine Corps.

Amos also came out in support of gay Marines bringing their same-sex partners to the Marine Corps Ball:
NPR: How comfortable are you with the idea of a gay couple showing up?

AMOS: I’m fine with it. I’m fine with it. I expect it to happen, I expect it to happen across the Marine Corps. And I mean, that’s part of the repeal of Don’t Ask, Dont’ Tell. I mean, that’s part of it. You can’t go half way. You can’t say we’re going to repeal it and you now can become public, but I’m going to restrict your behavior. We’re not going to do business that way.

He has to say that, since the Militaries policy on gays has changed he will get in trouble if he speaks out against the policy and says he doesn't want gays at the Marine Corps ball. Everyone in the service is expected to fall in line with the new policies.

Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine Corps Ball

Marine Commandant Gen. James Amos — who strongly opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell last year — told NPR’s Morning Edition yesterday that he is “very proud” of how the Marines have handled the repeal of the policy last month. “I’m very pleased now,” Amos said and explained that his previous statements in support of the ban were expressing the hesitancy for change within the Marine Corps.

Amos also came out in support of gay Marines bringing their same-sex partners to the Marine Corps Ball:

AMOS: I’m fine with it. I’m fine with it. I expect it to happen, I expect it to happen across the Marine Corps. And I mean, that’s part of the repeal of Don’t Ask, Dont’ Tell. I mean, that’s part of it. You can’t go half way. You can’t say we’re going to repeal it and you now can become public, but I’m going to restrict your behavior. We’re not going to do business that way.

He has to say that, since the Militaries policy on gays has changed he will get in trouble if he speaks out against the policy and says he doesn't want gays at the Marine Corps ball. Everyone in the service is expected to fall in line with the new policies.

Are you suggesting that he isn't really fine with it? He's just saying that? Absolutely that's what he's doing. That makes him pretty much a prevaricator.

Are you suggesting that he isn't really fine with it? He's just saying that? Absolutely that's what he's doing. That makes him pretty much a prevaricator.

When you are in the Military you fall in line with alot of things you don't agree with, believe me.

When you are in the Military you fall in line with alot of things you don't agree with, believe me.

Absolutely. That's exactly what this man was doing. He is no more "fine" with gays in the military than he ever was. He's just saying he is because he has to.

Absolutely. That's exactly what this man was doing. He is no more "fine" with gays in the military than he ever was. He's just saying he is because he has to.

Thats more than likely the case, thats par for the course in the service. If he said he didn't think having gays was a good idea he'd get called in for a meeting and probably get retirement orders served to him.

New Topics

Forum List

Back