Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine

You are implying that he's a liar.

Now you are saying that he's a liar.

These kinds of threads are illustrative of the fact that wingnuts only love the military when they agree with them.

Thanks for playing.

The only thing that's been implied... and I'll come right out and say it... is that you are a fucking idiot.

He's not a liar.... but you are.
You dishonest hag! You quoted my post and deleted your comment from within it!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

What a worthless little shit you are.

I deleted nothing. You are seriously delusional. Recreational drugs perhaps?

Look at your quote of my post.... apparently you deleted other posts too.

You are a dishonest hag!

Fucking idiot.... the fucking VB system limits the amount of posts are quoted. Man, you should feel like a total fucking moron now. Are you smart enough to understand that?

Last edited:
The only thing that's been implied... and I'll come right out and say it... is that you are a fucking idiot.

He's not a liar.... but you are.
You dishonest hag! You quoted my post and deleted your comment from within it!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

What a worthless little shit you are.

I deleted nothing. You are seriously delusional. Recreational drugs perhaps?

Look at your quote of my post.... apparently you deleted other posts too.

You are a dishonest hag!

Fucking idiot.... the fucking VB system limits the amount of posts are quoted. Man, you should feel like a total fucking moron now. Are you smart enough to understand that?

:eusa_silenced:

The Commandant is a political appointee. He better promote liberal ideology or he is out of a job in the Obama admin. Simple as that.

I spent 26 years in the military and loved it even on the days that I hated it.

I live two miles from a Marine Corps base, work out and shop there, spent three tours with the Marines, and my son is a Marine officer. The majority are not thrilled with gays. I would bet the CMC is not thrilled as well.
Thank you for your service.

What was your favorite overseas Naval base? I wasn't Navy, but I've been to a bunch of them. I really liked Rota in Spain, Suda Bay in Crete, Rosie Roads in Puerto Rico, and Naval Base Guam, which had awesome snorkeling. I was not crazy about Naples, Yokosuka in Japan, or Pusan in Korea (mainly because the whole damn town STUNK to high heaven of fish/dead fish). Wasn't as impressed with Pearl Harbor as I had hoped to be, either.

I liked Rota and Roosevelt Roads as well. I was homeported in both Pearl and Yokosuka. I was young and single then and enjoyed them both. I really enjoyed Subic Bay of course. Too bad they kicked us out.

Last edited:
He's a Marine, he obeys orders.

These kinds of threads are illustrative of the fact that wingnuts only love the military when they agree with them.

Thanks for playing.

No, I am saying he is a Marine. As the Commandant of the Marine Corps his job is to lead by example.

The exact quote from your OP is "I’m fine with it. I’m fine with it. I expect it to happen, I expect it to happen across the Marine Corps. And I mean, that’s part of the repeal of Don’t Ask, Dont’ Tell. I mean, that’s part of it. You can’t go half way. You can’t say we’re going to repeal it and you now can become public, but I’m going to restrict your behavior. We’re not going to do business that way."

Tell me how you jump from that to him supporting it and you will see who the liar is.

I'm willing to believe in dragons and UFO's but gay Marines? Can't imagine such exist.

Now there's a man who knows how to protect his retirement.

You must have never served in the military did you? Because if you did you'd know that a 4-star general's retirement is always "protected".

Do you honestly believe that the man was against open homosexuality in the marines and overnight changed his mind the minute it was legalized.

The man is a liar. He has taken opposite positions depending on what regulations call for. He is lying about his state of mind. Either he was lying before the ban went into effect and always supported open homosexuality, or he is lying now.

I don't blame him or fault him. I would do the same thing in his position.

Most chiefs of service are also very good politicians. Amos had no choice but to say what he did.

The left feels that the officer has had a change of heart. He now supports gays in the military. That's not true. He has probably got a lot of time invested in his career and will play that out. Then he can be free of gays, the orders and the loss of eveything he fought for his whole life.

Thanks for playing.

Wrong again. I have no problem with gays, in their own private life. My stepson is gay and he and his partner used to live at my house.
But I do have a problem with gays in the military. Since I am retired I can express that opinion, if I were still on active duty I would be forced to accept it, Would that make me a liar? Or would that make me a soldier who is doing their duty?

You would be surprised at the number of officers and NCO's who do not support this change, but they aren't going to say it or show it.

Look at a certain Liberal racist right here on this board who hid his racism for 20 years so he could retire, And today he has admitted that he was racist against all military regulations. Same difference.......

Gays have no place serving openly in the US Military................

Thanks for playing.

Wrong again. I have no problem with gays, in their own private life. My stepson is gay and he and his partner used to live at my house.
But I do have a problem with gays in the military. Since I am retired I can express that opinion, if I were still on active duty I would be forced to accept it, Would that make me a liar? Or would that make me a soldier who is doing their duty?

You would be surprised at the number of officers and NCO's who do not support this change, but they aren't going to say it or show it.

Look at a certain Liberal racist right here on this board who hid his racism for 20 years so he could retire, And today he has admitted that he was racist against all military regulations. Same difference.......

Let me clear up your misconceptions.

The man is a liar. Or a fibber, or someone who will go along to get along. At some point, he was not telling the truth about his opinon. I can accept that he always supported open homosexuality in the marines and opposed such openness because that was expected. Can you accept the converse now?

Thanks for playing.

Let me clear up your misconceptions.

The man is a liar. Or a fibber, or someone who will go along to get along. At some point, he was not telling the truth about his opinon. I can accept that he always supported open homosexuality in the marines and opposed such openness because that was expected. Can you accept the converse now?

I accept what I know as fact. I know how I feel and how others whom I personally know feel. So if I were to go back on active duty I would be forced to live a lie. Isn't that one of the argument the pro gay crowd was using? So now straights who are secretly against open gays must live a lie.........

I don't know of anyone who is against gays. I don't know of anyone in the military who is against gays. I know a lot of people in the military. I have family in the military. What they are against are the accommodations that must be made, the changes that will happen and the effect on them personally when gays have the right to act out and the straight men and women have no recourse to complain.

And, no I don't believe for a second that this Commandant is just fine with gays bringing their partners to the Marine ball. I do believe he will grit his teeth, plaster on a phony smile and pretend that he's just fine with it.

In the end, no bun, I mean, no pun intended, in the big picture, this is not that big a deal.

The law was repealed and the branches are complying.

Thanks for playing.

No, I am saying he is a Marine. As the Commandant of the Marine Corps his job is to lead by example.

The exact quote from your OP is "I’m fine with it. I’m fine with it. I expect it to happen, I expect it to happen across the Marine Corps. And I mean, that’s part of the repeal of Don’t Ask, Dont’ Tell. I mean, that’s part of it. You can’t go half way. You can’t say we’re going to repeal it and you now can become public, but I’m going to restrict your behavior. We’re not going to do business that way."

Tell me how you jump from that to him supporting it and you will see who the liar is.

Basically, to the left, forcing people to accept gays is the same as people accepting gays. They are not very smart. Same with racism.... they don't care if someone is a racist, as long as they don't say anything. Personally, I think that attitude is dangerously naive.

The left feels that the officer has had a change of heart. He now supports gays in the military. That's not true. He has probably got a lot of time invested in his career and will play that out. Then he can be free of gays, the orders and the loss of eveything he fought for his whole life.

Just for technical clarification...

General Amos entered military service in 1970 and therefore could retire at any time after 1990, as of 2010 he could have retired with 30 years prior to DADT being repealed if he felt the need not to serve with homosexuals.

The idea that he's "hanging around" to protect retirement is hornswoggle.

>>>>

Just for technical clarification...

General Amos entered military service in 1970 and therefore could retire at any time after 1990, as of 2010 he could have retired with 30 years prior to DADT being repealed if he felt the need not to serve with homosexuals.

The idea that he's "hanging around" to protect retirement is hornswoggle.

>>>>

I'm certain that the General has his own reasons for not being ready to retire yet. I had my reasons for going 22 years and not 23. The point many are making is that he has to make public statements in the grain that he did or he would be forced to retire. Therefore we do not know how he actually feels about it.........

You must have never served in the military did you? Because if you did you'd know that a 4-star general's retirement is always "protected".

Do you honestly believe that the man was against open homosexuality in the marines and overnight changed his mind the minute it was legalized.

The man is a liar. He has taken opposite positions depending on what regulations call for. He is lying about his state of mind. Either he was lying before the ban went into effect and always supported open homosexuality, or he is lying now.

I don't blame him or fault him. I would do the same thing in his position.

If that's the case then his honor and integrity can be bought by a retirement check. Sad.

Forum List

Back