Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine Corps Ball

Marine Commandant Gen. James Amos — who strongly opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell last year — told NPR’s Morning Edition yesterday that he is “very proud” of how the Marines have handled the repeal of the policy last month. “I’m very pleased now,” Amos said and explained that his previous statements in support of the ban were expressing the hesitancy for change within the Marine Corps.

Amos also came out in support of gay Marines bringing their same-sex partners to the Marine Corps Ball:
NPR: How comfortable are you with the idea of a gay couple showing up?

AMOS: I’m fine with it. I’m fine with it. I expect it to happen, I expect it to happen across the Marine Corps. And I mean, that’s part of the repeal of Don’t Ask, Dont’ Tell. I mean, that’s part of it. You can’t go half way. You can’t say we’re going to repeal it and you now can become public, but I’m going to restrict your behavior. We’re not going to do business that way.

Most chiefs of service are also very good politicians. Amos had no choice but to say what he did.

He probably still feels the same as when he testified before congress, as most Marines that I run into feel.

They will do as they always do though, and carry out the order as directed.

I'm not sure why Betty Boob is getting excited. Exectuting the repeal of DADT does not equal agreement.

In fairness, he really couldn't have replied any other way

It will still be a while before gay couples will be accepted in social situations

Now there's a man who knows how to protect his retirement.

Yep. Color me shocked. A guy who knows how to follow orders. What I find funny is that the left see this as something more than it is.

Just imagine how fast his ass would have been out the door if he had said anything else.

The left.... we don't care what you think as long as you say the right thing. Can't cope with dissent.

Yep. Color me shocked. A guy who knows how to follow orders. What I find funny is that the left see this as something more than it is.

Just imagine how fast his ass would have been out the door if he had said anything else.

The left.... we don't care what you think as long as you say the right thing. Can't cope with dissent.

The left feels that the officer has had a change of heart. He now supports gays in the military. That's not true. He has probably got a lot of time invested in his career and will play that out. Then he can be free of gays, the orders and the loss of eveything he fought for his whole life.

In fairness, he really couldn't have replied any other way

It will still be a while before gay couples will be accepted in social situations

Well, like racism, just hide it, right? Then it's not a problem.

Fucking idiots. People like you do more fucking damage to gays and minorities with your 'do gooder' stupidity than all the homophobes and racists in the country.

The left feels that the officer has had a change of heart. He now supports gays in the military. That's not true. He has probably got a lot of time invested in his career and will play that out. Then he can be free of gays, the orders and the loss of eveything he fought for his whole life.

It's got jack shit to do with him being 'free of gays', the fact is that most of the military do not care. They just don't like being used as a political football but a bunch of assholes who want to force their issues on others.

Disclaimer: Not that I speak on behalf of the military.... just the ones I personally know and I've never met one who has an issue with gays.

I have never met someone in the military that has an issue with gays. I have met many with issues about the gay agenda and what it will mean to them.

Marine Commandant Says He’s ‘Fine’ With Gay Marines Bringing Their Partners To Marine Corps Ball

Marine Commandant Gen. James Amos — who strongly opposed the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell last year — told NPR’s Morning Edition yesterday that he is “very proud” of how the Marines have handled the repeal of the policy last month. “I’m very pleased now,” Amos said and explained that his previous statements in support of the ban were expressing the hesitancy for change within the Marine Corps.

Amos also came out in support of gay Marines bringing their same-sex partners to the Marine Corps Ball:
NPR: How comfortable are you with the idea of a gay couple showing up?

AMOS: I’m fine with it. I’m fine with it. I expect it to happen, I expect it to happen across the Marine Corps. And I mean, that’s part of the repeal of Don’t Ask, Dont’ Tell. I mean, that’s part of it. You can’t go half way. You can’t say we’re going to repeal it and you now can become public, but I’m going to restrict your behavior. We’re not going to do business that way.

He's a Marine, he obeys orders.

You are implying that he's a liar.

Most chiefs of service are also very good politicians. Amos had no choice but to say what he did.

Now you are saying that he's a liar.

These kinds of threads are illustrative of the fact that wingnuts only love the military when they agree with them.

Thanks for playing.

These kinds of threads are illustrative of the fact that wingnuts only love the military when they agree with them.

Thanks for playing.

The only thing that's been implied... and I'll come right out and say it... is that you are a fucking idiot.

He's not a liar.... but you are.

I'd hate to be the guy in a bar that asks a group of Marines "Which one of you is queer?" Somehow, queer and Marine doesn't sound good in the same sentence.

Thanks for playing.

The only thing that's been implied... and I'll come right out and say it... is that you are a fucking idiot.

He's not a liar.... but you are.
You dishonest hag! You quoted my post and deleted your comment from within it!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

What a worthless little shit you are.

I spent 26 years in the military and loved it even on the days that I hated it.

I live two miles from a Marine Corps base, work out and shop there, spent three tours with the Marines, and my son is a Marine officer. The majority are not thrilled with gays. I would bet the CMC is not thrilled as well.

Last edited:
I spent 26 years in the military and loved it even on the days that I hated it.

I live two miles from a Marine Corps base, work out and shop there, spent three tours with the Marines, and my son is a Marine officer. The majority are not thrilled with gays. I would bet the CMC is not thrilled as well.
Thank you for your service.

What was your favorite overseas Naval base? I wasn't Navy, but I've been to a bunch of them. I really liked Rota in Spain, Suda Bay in Crete, Rosie Roads in Puerto Rico, and Naval Base Guam, which had awesome snorkeling. I was not crazy about Naples, Yokosuka in Japan, or Pusan in Korea (mainly because the whole damn town STUNK to high heaven of fish/dead fish). Wasn't as impressed with Pearl Harbor as I had hoped to be, either.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back