Marinated Chicken

Sep 12, 2008
I have had some chicken marinating in the fridge since monday in a sauce composed of Worcestershire sauce, Teriyaki sauce, lemon juice and apple vinegar. It is cooking now, due to be done by 5. I have high hopes, as the scent of the chicken cooking is already pretty good.

I just let is sit in the sauce for a while, hoping it would get tender.

Anyone here have some favorite marinade chicken recipes?

I have had some chicken marinating in the fridge since monday in a sauce composed of Worcestershire sauce, Teriyaki sauce, lemon juice and apple vinegar. It is cooking now, due to be done by 5. I have high hopes, as the scent of the chicken cooking is already pretty good.

Ya...I cook chicken several times a week. Maybe just under ten thousand chicken based meals in the last 40 years. Worcestershire is really more of a red meat condiment.

One really good way to prepare a spicy chicken is to boil it in water with an ungodly amount of ground black pepper in the water. The pepper opens up the fibers of the meat and as long as it is only in the boiling water amazingly it does not overseason the meat. It's a little tricky cuz ya want the bird fully cooked and all the fat broken down but the meat still on the bones. THEN..drain the water...take yur chicken and season to whatever you want it to taste like..the pre-cooked chicken will suck up the flavor right to the bone.

There are LOTS of kinds of teriyaki. I suggest buying an assortment of the smallest bottles you can get and taste em. I go with Kikkoman. I water it down about three to one..A litttle teriyaki sauce goes a long way. I prefer white vinegar..but seldom use it.and when I do...sparingly! My chicken preparation method is extremely efficient.. Lemon, honey.. more pepper..a pinch of salt ..let stew in that liquid overnight in refer...save the sauce and brush on as/when you bake or grill.. brush on lemon/honey/Butter or olive oil to prevent/put off burning.

Bar-B-Q chicken is prepared the same(pepper water) way...just slather on the BBQ sauce just before putting fully cooked chicken on grill...I toss my pieces into a bag with the BBQ sauce in it so the sauce gets everywhere. It's really the best damn chicken on the planet if I do say so myself.

Enjoy!

Boil how long?

THAT is the whole trick.. after you get that part down you will have trouble keeping peoples mitts off your teriyaki or BBQ chicken.

When I say "boil" I really mean a very LOW boil..to much water actvity will take meat off the bones. How long? Depends if you like the skin fully intact. Me...I like the meat fully flavored so I let some of the skin to get loose. It also depends on how much chicken you are cooking. I'd say bring the pepper water up to a rolling boil as fast as you can then turn down the temp and add the chicken...it must be fully immersed. Then ad heat till there is just a little actvity at the surface.. After about 30 min check the chicken for tenderness..should be done in 45 min at a very low boil.

PS..when I say "an ungodly ammount of pepper" I mean at least a 1/8 to 1/4 cup to a gallon of water. I go with more you might start with less and work your way up to my spicy level...:lol:

Last edited:

I think 4 days in an acid solution is a bit long... i hope it comes out texture wise well.

Chicken is the easiest thing in the world..... marinade it in what ever makes you happy.

Forum List

Back