Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
Obviously. But so what? I often see posts like yours ("Then you can't oppose the legalization of meth. That puts you in a tiny minority.") and wonder what it is you're trying to say. It's sounds like you're saying that if someone is in the minority they simply have to put up with whatever the majority wants to do. But our government was designed to protect minorities from abusive in the name of democracy.
Government protects us from minority rule as well. The prohibition on meth exists for a reason as it does for pot in most places. Your agreement or disapproval doesn't change anything. There's nothing complicated about it unless you are too stoned to think.

What is the reason?

I mean other than your traumatic brain injury?

Marijuana is a very controversial topic in our political world today, and I would like to know what our society has to say itabout the way some view it. Some people think it is a Class A drug that is fatal and similar to all the other hard core drugs (i.e. Ecstacy and LSD). But others, like me, know that marijuana is just another plant found in the wilderness that has medical compounds that can help the ill. Yes, marijuana does have psychoactive compounds, but there is no doubt that there are other drugs prescribed by doctors that are more potent. Oxycontin and Morphine are prescribed to patients with chronic pain, but the symptoms are a bit psychoactive. Unlike those drugs, marijuana has a chemical compound called Cannabidiol (CBD) that can be extracted away from the psychoactive compounds in it; such as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). If there is proof that marijuana has medical purposes then why is it classified as a Class A drug? Yes, it is used as a recreational drug at times, but that does not give an excuse to make it illegal because, unlike alcohol or tobacco, it is not fatal. Marijuana can be harmful in the sense that one can develop lung cancer for smoking it, but there are healthier ways to use marijuana; for instance, cooking it and consuming it. If there are ways to avoid harmful circumstances under marijuana than why shouldn't it be the first drug recommendation to patients? These are things society needs to learn about to fully understand the debate on marijuana. If evidence is not being shown to society then how would any one know what marijuana really is? What are your thoughts and opinions? The link provided is for any one who wants to learn more about marijuana and it's medical purposes by Dr. Sanja Gupta. (copy and paste link)

If the medical argument could be separated from the chronic potheads... I'd be fine with medical applications. But in reality, the medical argument is nothing more than a means to get the pothead nose under the 'legalizing pot' tent.

So... 'No'.

And FTR: I smoked pot dam' near everyday, pot from 14 years old through my late 30s... There was no upside.

Sorry you had a bad trip man...

Dude... it wasn't a bad trip. I loved smokin' pot. I've smoked more pot than most of these kids will ever see...

But the fact is that it was not a plus in my life... and even when I was smoking it every day... I never thought that legalizing its use was a good idea. 'Cause.. it's just not.

Well if I don't have the cash I don't have the stash and I've always been that way..Even when I smoked cigs...I just stopped until I had funds..

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. -- Freewheeling Franklin

Marijuana is a very controversial topic in our political world today, and I would like to know what our society has to say itabout the way some view it. Some people think it is a Class A drug that is fatal and similar to all the other hard core drugs (i.e. Ecstacy and LSD). But others, like me, know that marijuana is just another plant found in the wilderness that has medical compounds that can help the ill. Yes, marijuana does have psychoactive compounds, but there is no doubt that there are other drugs prescribed by doctors that are more potent. Oxycontin and Morphine are prescribed to patients with chronic pain, but the symptoms are a bit psychoactive. Unlike those drugs, marijuana has a chemical compound called Cannabidiol (CBD) that can be extracted away from the psychoactive compounds in it; such as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). If there is proof that marijuana has medical purposes then why is it classified as a Class A drug? Yes, it is used as a recreational drug at times, but that does not give an excuse to make it illegal because, unlike alcohol or tobacco, it is not fatal. Marijuana can be harmful in the sense that one can develop lung cancer for smoking it, but there are healthier ways to use marijuana; for instance, cooking it and consuming it. If there are ways to avoid harmful circumstances under marijuana than why shouldn't it be the first drug recommendation to patients? These are things society needs to learn about to fully understand the debate on marijuana. If evidence is not being shown to society then how would any one know what marijuana really is? What are your thoughts and opinions? The link provided is for any one who wants to learn more about marijuana and it's medical purposes by Dr. Sanja Gupta. (copy and paste link)

If the medical argument could be separated from the chronic potheads... I'd be fine with medical applications. But in reality, the medical argument is nothing more than a means to get the pothead nose under the 'legalizing pot' tent.

So... 'No'.

And FTR: I smoked pot dam' near everyday, pot from 14 years old through my late 30s... There was no upside.

Sorry you had a bad trip man...

Dude... it wasn't a bad trip. I loved smokin' pot. I've smoked more pot than most of these kids will ever see...

But the fact is that it was not a plus in my life... and even when I was smoking it every day... I never thought that legalizing its use was a good idea. 'Cause.. it's just not.

Well if I don't have the cash I don't have the stash and I've always been that way..Even when I smoked cigs...I just stopped until I had funds..

Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. -- Freewheeling Franklin

It's even better when you grow it for free...

We give government credit for getting more people to wear seat belts. The real reason people wear seat belts is that the dashboard makes the most annoying sound in the world if u don't clip in.

And the reason I don't do meth, and never have, has nothing to do with the rules. It makes your brain bleed, and that just seems like an extreme form of partying, way beyond my commitment level.

Anyway, the herb has been practically legal in Holland, for all intents and purposes, for many years. And a smaller % of Dutch people smoke pot than 'Merkins. In Holland, they mostly just think you're a dumbass if you walk down the street smoking a Hindenburg. Societal pressure. Peer pressure. Not the threat of throwing you in a rape cage.

Anyway, I just packed a bowl and I'm going to smoke it as I walk into town.

Late

Slider_Slide_3.jpg
I have been using a vaporiser for years. The high is a euphoric high, as opposed to a knock you down stupid high. Excellent when you have work to do, such as yard work. It makes you more productive.

I was at the Snowbomb Festival last weekend. It's a winter sports expo thing at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Everyone was vaping in the crowd.

Vaping... it just isn't my bag, personally. I like to taste real smoke. But, there is no denying that vaporizing has caught on, and I don't doubt that it is more healthy for the lungs.

At Snowbomb, I talked briefly to the organizer of the 420 Games. The event is about de-stigmatizing cannabis users (don't call them stoners!) through athletic achievement. Their tag line is, "Everything in moderation, except sweat!". It's all about the social, active, healthy, moderate cannabis user who does outdoor adventure sports and strives to live healthfully and responsibly.

420 GAMES
They are still stoners or potheads.

Forum List

Back