Marijuana Use May Damage Brain Function

I still remember my first Joint.. I was 10 years old. Good times...

Either way, I didn't start smoking regularly till I was 15 years old, and still do it today. except I quit for a bit due to drug tests. Funny thing is, If it did damage my brain then how come I still managed to graduate High school with a 3.6 GPA?

And yes, I've gone to school blazed a few times. Fun experience and not to mention classes are 10x funner. Thank god for eye drops. :lol:

Maybe it damaged your brain such that you WOULD have graduated with a 4.0.

Anyone ever notice how pot smokers always want to tell everyone how brilliant they still are, and never consider that if they really were brilliant, OTHER people would be saying it?

Chronic pot smokers beware.

A new study found that regularly smoking marijuana may lower cognitive function, especially if the person starts smoking before 16 years of age.

Study authors from Harvard-affiliated McLean Hospital wanted to examine the effects of chronic marijuana use on brain function.
In a paper presented today at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience in San Diego, Dr. Staci Gruber, lead author of the small study, reported that study participants who began smoking pot before 16 years of age performed significantly worse on cognitive function tests than both non-smokers and those who became chronic smokers later in life.

Researchers defined chronic marijuana use as smoking pot at least five of the last seven days and a minimum of 3,000 joints in a lifetime. The average age of study participants was 22 years old. The data showed that chronic pot smokers repeated errors more often than the two other groups, even after the authors corrected them. They also had more trouble maintaining a set of rules, suggesting an inability to maintain focus.

More at:
Smoking Pot at an Early Age May Impair Brain Function - ABC News

-----------------------------------------------------------------
May Damage?

Considering the bone headed responses given by potheads here to defend their weeds, there can be no doubt that the weapon that the Mexicans use against the children of the United States is working to lower the American race to their standards.

Really? Got to hand it to you. You're right on top of THIS topic. :lol:

Chronic pot smokers beware.

A new study found that regularly smoking marijuana may lower cognitive function, especially if the person starts smoking before 16 years of age.

Study authors from Harvard-affiliated McLean Hospital wanted to examine the effects of chronic marijuana use on brain function.
In a paper presented today at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience in San Diego, Dr. Staci Gruber, lead author of the small study, reported that study participants who began smoking pot before 16 years of age performed significantly worse on cognitive function tests than both non-smokers and those who became chronic smokers later in life.

Researchers defined chronic marijuana use as smoking pot at least five of the last seven days and a minimum of 3,000 joints in a lifetime. The average age of study participants was 22 years old. The data showed that chronic pot smokers repeated errors more often than the two other groups, even after the authors corrected them. They also had more trouble maintaining a set of rules, suggesting an inability to maintain focus.

More at:
Smoking Pot at an Early Age May Impair Brain Function - ABC News

-----------------------------------------------------------------
May Damage?

Considering the bone headed responses given by potheads here to defend their weeds, there can be no doubt that the weapon that the Mexicans use against the children of the United States is working to lower the American race to their standards.

Alcohol Use May Damage Brain Function.

But its cool, its legal.

I still remember my first Joint.. I was 10 years old. Good times...

Either way, I didn't start smoking regularly till I was 15 years old, and still do it today. except I quit for a bit due to drug tests. Funny thing is, If it did damage my brain then how come I still managed to graduate High school with a 3.6 GPA?

And yes, I've gone to school blazed a few times. Fun experience and not to mention classes are 10x funner. Thank god for eye drops. :lol:

Maybe it damaged your brain such that you WOULD have graduated with a 4.0.

Anyone ever notice how pot smokers always want to tell everyone how brilliant they still are, and never consider that if they really were brilliant, OTHER people would be saying it?

Really? Every pot smoker I've ever met has said they get good ideas while they're stoned.

Incidentally..........that's how I developed a pipe I call Marvin. It's a smokeless hookah that stores the smoke, and doesn't release anything into the air other than what comes out of your own lungs.

And yeah.........you can flavor the smoke to anything you want. Shit.......you can even get drunk off of it.

I sell them for 150 each, and they're all handmade.

Forum List

Back