Marijuana Use May Damage Brain Function

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
Chronic pot smokers beware.

A new study found that regularly smoking marijuana may lower cognitive function, especially if the person starts smoking before 16 years of age.

Study authors from Harvard-affiliated McLean Hospital wanted to examine the effects of chronic marijuana use on brain function.
In a paper presented today at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience in San Diego, Dr. Staci Gruber, lead author of the small study, reported that study participants who began smoking pot before 16 years of age performed significantly worse on cognitive function tests than both non-smokers and those who became chronic smokers later in life.

Researchers defined chronic marijuana use as smoking pot at least five of the last seven days and a minimum of 3,000 joints in a lifetime. The average age of study participants was 22 years old. The data showed that chronic pot smokers repeated errors more often than the two other groups, even after the authors corrected them. They also had more trouble maintaining a set of rules, suggesting an inability to maintain focus.

More at:
Smoking Pot at an Early Age May Impair Brain Function - ABC News

-----------------------------------------------------------------
May Damage?

Considering the bone headed responses given by potheads here to defend their weeds, there can be no doubt that the weapon that the Mexicans use against the children of the United States is working to lower the American race to their standards.

No shit Sherlock? I so did not know that.... except that every major study around the world says the same thing.

show me where anyone is promoting teens smoking pot. How much you wanna bet chronic teenage drinking is just as bad.
You small governemnt freaks are fucking hillarious. Not to morons, teens can get pot easier than beer because one is regulated and the other is not.
thanks for supporting the Mexican Cartels!

• Banned
show me where anyone is promoting teens smoking pot. How much you wanna bet chronic teenage drinking is just as bad.
You small governemnt freaks are fucking hillarious. Not to morons, teens can get pot easier than beer because one is regulated and the other is not.

And your smoking this crap doesn't support those Mexicans who are poisoning American children?

Open the windows in your cell just a little!:lol:

• Banned
how much did you have to smoke to make you think this belonged in politics, fuckroast?

your mother doesn't work here.

The marijuana debate is political. Does your keeper let you watch TV?

how much did you have to smoke to make you think this belonged in politics, fuckroast?

your mother doesn't work here.

The marijuana debate is political. Does your keeper let you watch TV?

there's nothing political about a medical study except in the funhouse mirror that passes for your mind.

kudos on spelling tv correctly on your first try. :thup:

The weed I buy comes from local growers and Canada.

1799d1188921519-lol-cats-acid_cat.jpg

Whew! A good thing I did not start till 21.

sounds to me like the study subjects were still stoned when tested.

Last edited:
[
there's nothing political about a medical study except in the funhouse mirror that passes for your mind.

kudos on spelling tv correctly on your first try. :thup:

I'm not smoking dope. And the square blocks won't fit in the round holes. That should help you pass those tests.

Don't pot smokers influence the families they live with? Or do you do your smoking while hiding out with your Mexican friends?

Forum List

Back