Marijuana legalization backers hand in initiative petitions

It's hard to say what the most abused drug in America is - it's very much a regional thing. Meth use is growing at the fastest rate, but you still don't really see much meth on the east coast - I guess I'd say, after alcohol it would be opiates in general, OxyContin and various other Rxs are incredibly popular - at least where I worked.

Physical addiction? Chemically, nicotine. But that's not a really good way of looking at it - the physical addiction is nothing compared to the mental. I've seen people spend years in treatment for drugs with NO phyisical addictive properties, and keep relapsing and returning, and people who detoxed for 3 days and then never touched a drug again.

And when it comes to mental addictions, ANYTHING can be addictive.

Interesting. Thanks for your perspective.

I am. That must have been hard work.

In your experience, not counting alcohol, what is the most abused drug in America, and what is the most addictive?

Methadone (my guess).

Nope, just the worst to detox from. The biggest issue I have with Methadone maintenance programs is that Methadone is worse than Heroin - whereas a serious Heroin user will experience 4-5 days of hell while detoxing, an equal user of Methadone will experience the same hell, but for nearly a month.

Does anyone truly ever kick methadone?

Methadone (my guess).

Nope, just the worst to detox from. The biggest issue I have with Methadone maintenance programs is that Methadone is worse than Heroin - whereas a serious Heroin user will experience 4-5 days of hell while detoxing, an equal user of Methadone will experience the same hell, but for nearly a month.

Does anyone truly ever kick methadone?

Yes, I've seen it.

But most use of Methadone is, as you said, a maintenance program. And many will NEVER ween off of it (which is the stated goal of those maintenance programs).

Forum List

Back