Marijuana: It’s Time for a Conversation

I hear we could possibly use hemp for bio deasel and get off of foreign oil! No wonder the GOP doesn't want hemp/pot legalized. They'll argue from a moral standpoint, but we all know they are not moral unless there is a political advantage to it.

hemp was once used for lamp oil and is the oiliest plant

Sucking your mothers breasts as a child leads to pot then because 90% of hard drug users breast fed.

Chocolate was my first gateway drug.

Coffee second. Alcohol third, cigarettes forth and hemp a distant fifth.

And cigarettes should be made illegal too. I bet 90% of hard drug users smoked cigarettes too. And I bet they drank alcohol first too.

I have succeeded is taking various drugs to excess and quitting them all EXCEPT tobacco.

And gambling should be made illegal because some people can't handle it.

Lay you odds that won't happen now that most states are making money on it.

And a lot of people have "drug problems" because they have to pay $200 for an ounce of pot. Maybe if it were legal and only $20 for an ounce, it wouldn't be such a problem.

If it was legal, hemp would cost less than hay.

It's far easier to grow a good crop of hemp than a good crop of hay.

I disagree. After seeing a friend deterioriate from addiction to heroine and watch him die in front of me for years, there is no fucking way that the government should legalize drugs that harm people.

We sue products when they harm us, yet now there are a few people who want to make these products that harm us, legal. :cuckoo:

Marijuana is a different story. It is a relatively harmless drug. But over 90% of hard drug users say that pot was the first drug they smoked. Smoking pot leads to smoking meth, or doing crack, heroine, cocaine, ex, lcd, etc.

Look at it like this - don't use any product that you wouldn't want your own 5 year old to use. Now if you have no problem envisioning a 5 year shooting up heroine, then you should truly get yourself checked into a hospital and give up your children.

It was your friend's choice to use heroin, plain and simple. There are consequences for our actions.

I am not saying that I support or condone drug use, even marijuana. But that does not give the government the right to tell anyone what they can do to their own body.

This criminal law just cost me about $4,000.

Since I could afford a lawyer I wasn't a felon.

Had I been too poor for a lawyer, I would have been.

Criminal Justice?

Yeah, that's about what it is. Crime masquerading as justice.

Not necessarily true. If it's your first offense, most likely a free public defender can get you the same deal that a private attorney can get you.

When I was younger, I got caught trafficing 10 lbs of weed from Tuscon to NJ. Got caught in Colorado actually, because I had to detour up there to pick up my partner in crime. I'd never been arrested for anything in my life, and I ended up getting a 2 year deferred judgement and sentence, where I served 2 years probation and did 16 weeks of outpatient drug counseling, and afterwards the charges were dropped and the case was dismissed, with no record of conviction. I got this with a public defender. I was guilty as hell, with absolutely no possible defense I could have used. I could have paid a private attorney, and he would literally have gotten me the same deal. There's no better deal I could have gotten.

I can't believe I just admitted that, as ashamed of it as I am. It was a blessing in disguise though, because I'm a completely new person now. It changed me in so many good ways.

I made a shit load of money doing what I was doing though. I sold about 40 lbs of weed in a couple months, making 4 total trips.

Marijuana is a different story. It is a relatively harmless drug. But over 90% of hard drug users say that pot was the first drug they smoked. Smoking pot leads to smoking meth, or doing crack, heroine, cocaine, ex, lcd, etc.

Smoking pot doesn't lead to other drugs. YOU lead to other drugs.

You always have the choice to either try it or not.

With that kind of logic, one could say cigarettes lead to weed because the cig smoker was looking for something more enjoyable from a smokable product.

It's ridiculous.

It was your friend's choice to use heroin, plain and simple. There are consequences for our actions.

I am not saying that I support or condone drug use, even marijuana. But that does not give the government the right to tell anyone what they can do to their own body.

And if they stopped going after pot, then they could focus more of their resources on going after herroine.

And if they stopped going after pot, then they could focus more of their resources on going after herroine.

Yeah the Feds need to get heroin off the streets. It's competing too much with prescription opiods.

Not what I meant at all. I don't want "them" to waste resources going after any drugs. Focus on actual crimes.

I disagree. After seeing a friend deterioriate from addiction to heroine and watch him die in front of me for years, there is no fucking way that the government should legalize drugs that harm people.

Ban alcohol and cigarettes then. Both are drugs, both harm people.

We sue products when they harm us, yet now there are a few people who want to make these products that harm us, legal. :cuckoo:

Yeah when they're not supposed to harm us, but everyone knows the dangers of guns and alcohol and so barely anyone sues Budweiser or glock manufacturers

Prove it, because from what I hear most of those started with alcohol or cigarettes. Oh and the real number you need is the percentage of weed smokers who turn to heroin, otherwise you're arguing correlation equals causation fallacy.

Look at it like this - don't use any product that you wouldn't want your own 5 year old to use.
:lol: There goes most of my medicine cabinet, my violent games and movies and my stephen king books.

Last edited:
The gateway drug argument is a red herring. If you want to get marijuana you can't just slip down to the 7-11, you have to actually find someone willing to sell it to you because it's criminal activity, so you have to enter the criminal milieu. That's the gateway. If marijuana were legalised you'd probably only have to go out to your back yard to get your own, no need to hang out with crims. If you choose to ferret out harder stuff then that's your problem. But I'd like to see the number of past/present marijuana users who have not gone on to use harder drugs. I'd be willing to suggest not too many actually do go on that path.

[youtube]1VFxA7o4f5E[/youtube]

:lol:

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds :eusa_whistle:

[youtube]A7F2X3rSSCU[/youtube]

Last edited:
Not only should marijuana be legalized, but hemp should start being a friggin' major industrial product. It's completely wasted being illegal. A miracle plant of a thousand potential beneficial uses: industrial, medical, and personal.

Not to mention, it's a lot of fun!

Jesus told us to obey the law of the land, Paulie. Not to flout it.

And the law of the land in Germany was to turn in all Jews... Would you of done it because we're "to obey the law of the land". BTW the law of the land when he said 'he who's with out sin cast the first stone' was that she was to be stoned.

Did you even watch the video? It's not talking about smoking up. It's talking about how the laws came about. It talks about the history of the plant... BTW it's just a plant. It talks about how it's not a danger that we've all been told.

Watch and maybe you can learn something...

Forum List

Back