Marijuana Heals Cancer

Am I surprised that the 'legalise cannabis' lobby would falsely raise the hopes of cancer sufferers to satisfy their own personal habits. Fucking turds!

Am I surprised that the 'legalise cannabis' lobby would falsely raise the hopes of cancer sufferers to satisfy their own personal habits. Fucking turds!

not to mention those evil broccoli lobby bastards...fuckturd

Maximizing The Anti-Cancer Power Of Broccoli
ScienceDaily (Apr. 5, 2005) — University of Illinois researcher Elizabeth Jeffery has learned how to maximize the cancer-fighting power of broccoli. It involves heating broccoli just enough to eliminate a sulfur-grabbing protein, but not enough to stop the plant from releasing an important cancer-fighting compound called sulforaphane.

Maximizing The Anti-Cancer Power Of Broccoli

I think the herb is, or could be, used to lessen the negative effects of cancer treatment. THC creates an appetite that is usually missing during chemotherapy, and can also reduce the nausea. That in and of itself is reason enough for the DEA to remove it from Schedule 1, at the least. But they don't, for whatever fucking reason.

As far as actually reducing or even slowing the growth of cancerous cells, my hopes are low.

Where was he in the beginning, where he said it could be the origin of cannabis becoming psycho-active?

Weed kept my dad alive for an extra year beyond his prognosis after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. It kept him eating while the cancer ate him. It kept him calm and placid and lessened the physical pain involved.

I don't need to see scientific data, I saw the positives with my own 2 eyes.

Weed kept my dad alive for an extra year beyond his prognosis after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. It kept him eating while the cancer ate him. It kept him calm and placid and lessened the physical pain involved.

The claim being made in the op is that it HEALS cancer. It doesn't.

I'm no scientist so I have my doubts but if it can make a person's life one degree more bearable where they have such a dreadful disease then far be it for me to oppose them this relief.

The claim being made in the op is that it HEALS cancer. It doesn't.

oh really doctor colin and you did your studies where ?

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study

Believe it or not, a Harvard study released on April 17, 2007 shows that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread!

Researchers at Harvard tested the chemical THC in both lab and mouse studies. They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, THC actually activates naturally produced receptors to fight off lung cancer. The researchers suggest that THC or other designer agents that activate these receptors might be used in a targeted fashion to treat lung cancer.

Although a medical substitute of THC, known as Marinol, has been used as an appetite stimulant for cancer patients and other similar treatments, few studies have shown that THC might have anti-tumor activity.

*HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART* The only clinical trial testing THC as a treatment against cancer growth was a recently completed British pilot study. For three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.

THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study | NowPublic News Coverage

Last edited:
the-face-of-terror.gif

It also cures acne, hemorrhoids, diabetes and dwarfism. Snake oil salesmen are alive and well.

Believe it or not, a Harvard study released on April 17, 2007 shows that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread!
Researchers at Harvard tested the chemical THC in both lab and mouse studies. They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, THC actually activates naturally produced receptors to fight off lung cancer. The researchers suggest that THC or other designer agents that activate these receptors might be used in a targeted fashion to treat lung cancer.

Although a medical substitute of THC, known as Marinol, has been used as an appetite stimulant for cancer patients and other similar treatments, few studies have shown that THC might have anti-tumor activity.

*HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART* The only clinical trial testing THC as a treatment against cancer growth was a recently completed British pilot study. For three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.

So, the ONLY clinical tests were a THREE WEEK pilot study. And the findings? A 50% reduction in the size of lung cancer tumours. Not much to go on, but let's not stop the 'legalise pot' lobby from exploiting cancer sufferers to fuel their own agenda!

You heard it here first, folks. A reduction in a tumour equals a cure! :cuckoo:

So, the ONLY clinical tests were a THREE WEEK pilot study. And the findings? A 50% reduction in the size of lung cancer tumours. Not much to go on, but let's not stop the 'legalise pot' lobby from exploiting cancer sufferers to fuel their own agenda!

No different than broccoli "pot" is just another natural substance many of which appear to have the potential to protect against, reduce and even cure certain cancers, a much bigger problem than marijuana lobby is a narrow minded view of these facts

Last edited:

No different than broccoli pot is just another natural substance many of which
appear to have the potential to protect against, reduce and even cure certain cancers a much bigger problem than marijuana lobby is a narrow minded view of these facts
but not by smoking it

here is a much more reliable source

marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, study shows

and they weren't smoking it

not disputing the fact that marijuana may reduce tumour growth in lung cancer dive. I just object to idiots who distort the facts and bandy around the word 'cure' for something that obviously isn't.

well neither I or the harvard researchers titled the youtube video, but it is accurate to say it heals some cancers and is a potential cure and it is inaccurate to say.. it clearly is not

Last edited:

appear to have the potential to protect against, reduce and even cure certain cancers a much bigger problem than marijuana lobby is a narrow minded view of these facts
but not by smoking it

No thats not necessary to recognize its potential value that has not been fully explored due to knee-jerk reactions like colons to the fact marijuana among other things has the potential to help heal cancer which is all these studies and science claim

but not by smoking it

No thats not necessary to recognize its potential value that has not been fully explored due to knee-jerk reactions like colons to the fact marijuana among other things has the potential to help heal cancer which is all these studies and science claim
actually, i dont care if you want to smoke pot
i lean to the libertarian side on things like that
if you want to smoke it, its your body, do what you want with it
but dont go thinking that because this study using injections of HTC helps to slow or even reduvce the growth of cancer cells, that it means your smoking it wont make you get cancer just as bad as smoking tobacco

Forum List

Back