Marijuana Arrests In 2009:

pot is way less harmfull than beer or cigarettes. It's legal application affects minorities exponetially more, which is probably appealing to many conservatives.

why does it affect minorities more than any one else?
One big reason is selling weed is a fast way for a ghetto kid to turn a fast buck. If you drive through a depressed area you don't see any White kids on the retail corners, so when the narcs do a sweep their net is 100% Black.

More than 50% of the current prison populations is for drug offenses, mainly street corner sale.

Much more that 50% of the prison population is in for drug related offenses. A large percent of robberies, thefts, and murders are drug related.

Most actually think that legalizing marijuana will not decrease the sale of alcohol as they will only do both in combination.
I've known quite a few people who use marijuana and I honestly can't think of even one who did so in combination with alcohol. The only reason for doing that is an abnormal need for drug-induced stupor.

I can't stand the taste, smell or effect of alcohol and I never use it. If I drink three lite beers a year that's a lot.

There is actually quite a few cases of parents neglecting their children because of the marijuana usage along with many other drugs.
I've heard of that, too, but I've never heard of any such problems involving marijuana, alone. Probably because, unlike the really hard drugs (including alcohol), marijuana isn't capable of producing the kind of debilitation that would cause parents to neglect their children. The logical exception would be those who are so psychologically screwed up that excessive marijuana use is the least of their problems.

Much more than 50% of the prison population is in for drug related offenses. A large percent of robberies, thefts, and murders are drug related.
You're right. That's true. Because my focus is on marijuana I didn't even consider that.

I understand Switzerland has commenced a program in which certified heroin addicts are provided with their daily fix along with clean needles and syringes. Those who can afford to pay are charged the nominal cost, those who can't are exempt from payment. The effect has been a significant reduction in HIV infection and drug-related crime. This makes more sense to me than the law-enforcement approach to what is an extraordinary medical problem.

Most actually think that legalizing marijuana will not decrease the sale of alcohol as they will only do both in combination.
I've known quite a few people who use marijuana and I honestly can't think of even one who did so in combination with alcohol. The only reason for doing that is an abnormal need for drug-induced stupor.

I can't stand the taste, smell or effect of alcohol and I never use it. If I drink three lite beers a year that's a lot.

There is actually quite a few cases of parents neglecting their children because of the marijuana usage along with many other drugs.
I've heard of that, too, but I've never heard of any such problems involving marijuana, alone. Probably because, unlike the really hard drugs (including alcohol), marijuana isn't capable of producing the kind of debilitation that would cause parents to neglect their children. The logical exception would be those who are so psychologically screwed up that excessive marijuana use is the least of their problems.

Please understand I am not a supporter of alcohol as it is a major problem with all the damage it has caused. I personally do not drink or use marijuana. I have been around a tremendous amount of both in my past occupation. I do not understand why people try to compare marijuana to alcohol when you are talking about the negative things of marijuana. It is like comparing getting run over by a truck as compared to a bus. I assure you the result is the same. With both you are a lot less intelligent when you use either drug which makes you a lot more dangerous for the rest of us weither it be operating a motor vehicle or watching your small children. People that have responsibilities in their life cannot do so under the influence of marijuana or any other drug safely.

most marijuana users I know barely drink alchohal
An adult should be able to enjoy a beer or a doobie in his own house without big brother busting the door down shooting people.

most marijuana users I know barely drink alchohal
An adult should be able to enjoy a beer or a doobie in his own house without big brother busting the door down shooting people.

Smoking pot saved me from my families dark secret. Alcoholism. I smoked pot, My brother drank like my mother and father and other in my family. Now I have quit do not do either, and my brother is in the beginnings of liver Failure.

my pop's hit the booze hard, luckily that gene passed me by. Tiny bit of herb is all I need.

Forum List

Back