marijuan may slow down the progression of alzheimer's!

I heard about this a year or so ago on CNN. It seems that Harvard Medical, the British Medical Society and some others have been researching this for awhile.

According to them, THC is tailor made for the brain, and, in addition to helping clean out the plaque, it can also help regenerate brain cells.

As far as Marinol being a more efficient delivery? Not really, as studies have shown that Marinol is only about 60 percent as effective as smoking. Doctors don't like the smoke delivery system, but, that is only because of the things that happen with cigarettes.

The British Medical Society did some research a couple of years back, and they found out that people who smoked cigarettes were 21 more times to end up with lung cancer as those that never smoked.

Interestingly, those that smoked cannabis regularly had a 0.93 to 0.73 percent chance of getting lung cancer as those that didn't smoke, which means those who smoked cannabis were LESS LIKELY THAN THOSE WHO DIDN'T SMOKE ANYTHING to get lung cancer.

As far as why it is illegal? Talk to Henry P. Anslinger on that one circa 1939. It seems that they (the people in DC) were looking for a way to legally persecute the blacks and the hispanics (who were the main consumers of marijuana). They were looking for legal racism. They also used big scare tactics like Reefer Madness.

Interestingly enough, Nixon commissioned a full study of marijuana while he was president. It was called the Laguardia Report, and it spoke VERY favorably towards the legalization of pot.

But......Nixon was looking for different results, and ordered the study to be buried.

You know......if we REALLY want to stimulate the economy, they should legalize pot. Cut off the buds for sale as joints and baggies, and use the rest of the plant for oil, food, clothing and paper. Hemp plants will make all of that and more.

Never mind the medical benefits to it..........

Jimmy Carter was going to try to get it legalized, but, was stopped by Congress.

I think it's time that we finally did so. And.......smoking 2-5 joints is a whole lot less harmful than drinking a 6 pack. Does less to mess up your perception and logic, as well as is a lot less harmful to your body.

LEGALIZE CANNABIS!!!!!!
what if you use a vaporizer, how effective or non effective is that?

Amazingly effective. Easier on the lungs, too since the vaporized hemp is cooler ...or so I've been told (nod nod, wink wink)
I have used one, don't have the money to buy one. We have Hempfest every year, a spin off from the large Seattle one maybe I will look into one this year.
It was nice one year I worked at the park they hold it at and I got plenty of free stuff and great deal on a pipe which was the best one I ever had, always clear! Then some asshole had to break it on St.Patricks Day!

Forum List

Back