marijuan may slow down the progression of alzheimer's!

I love how I left out the "a" in marijuana! maybe I am stoned!

I was just about to say that weed has not been shown to improve spelling.
that is for sure! I could be their lab rat, I am the worst speller! People on here have tried to throw it in my face but I just tell them, they are not telling me anything I don't already know.It mostly has to do with the fact I learned how to read by memory instead of phonically!

let me get this straight. researchers gave this over a period of time to old people with memory problems? how could they tell the progression slowed?

didn't they see the old people go from people with memory problems to people with memory problems and stupidity?

let me get this straight. researchers gave this over a period of time to old people with memory problems? how could they tell the progression slowed?

didn't they see the old people go from people with memory problems to people with memory problems and stupidity?
When you have alzheimers plaque builds up in your brain and actually becomes smaller, think about all the wrinkles in your, imagine them larger and not as many. THC is shown to slow down this progression even sometimes better then the drugs they already have available.
I used to work with people with the disease and always said they should give them thc mostly because the biggest problem is getting them to eat. It isn't a fun thing watching people waste away with the disease!

Of course it has been shown that repeated use of MJ also retards mental growth. That could explain why no old age disease, you never grew the fuck up.

And I doubt it would be because SMOKING it helped.. but possibly the same ingredient that is already used in the Marinol drug...

The FDA would still never recommend smoking as any delivery system of a drug.. as it is inaccurate in dosing and the detrimental effects as well... but if Marinol or a similarly derived drug would be manufactured because of research, it would be good news..

Of course it has been shown that repeated use of MJ also retards mental growth. That could explain why no old age disease, you never grew the fuck up.
maybe you should read the articles I posted! And with your age I would pay attention to this sort of thing. THC they believe may slow down alzheimers which with this finding might also help them find a cure.
But hey keep joking about it, I am sure you will think it is funny when you develope alzheimer's or other forms of dementia

Last edited:
maybe you should read the articles I posted! And with your age I would pay attention to this sort of thing. THC they believe may slow down alzheimers which with this finding might also help them find a cure.
But hey keep joking about it, I am sure you will think it is funny when you develope alzheimer's or other forms of demensia!

When?

I rather assumed he already had.

But hey keep joking about it, I am sure you will think it is funny when you develope alzheimer's or other forms of demensia!

When?

I rather assumed he already had.
maybe!
And I have no idea what I was trying to spell when I wrote dementia! Maybe I have it also when it comes to spelling lately!

It's pretty clear that casual recreational use Of Marjuanna by childrem in their developing years has some potentially harmfull effects.. It's also Clear that Adults using Marijuana casually (after work or on weekends in mild doses) is a more or less harmless practice. what we've learned in recent years is that Strong Pain medications like morphine and other Opiates, while being usefull tend to carry with them some serious side effects. Many of these side effects are constipation, confusion and Depression as well as various digestive problems. It seems that it is responsible to provie the marijuana as treatment for things it could be helpfull in treating, seeing as how the Potential for addiction is minimal and the digestives issues are non existant, While the potential for usefull medical treatment is there.
With respect to Recreational use by adults, So long as this use doesn't move into the realm of abuse I see nio reason society should fear a joint shared between a couple after dinner before bedtime.
after all it's happenning anyway.

I heard about this a year or so ago on CNN. It seems that Harvard Medical, the British Medical Society and some others have been researching this for awhile.

According to them, THC is tailor made for the brain, and, in addition to helping clean out the plaque, it can also help regenerate brain cells.

As far as Marinol being a more efficient delivery? Not really, as studies have shown that Marinol is only about 60 percent as effective as smoking. Doctors don't like the smoke delivery system, but, that is only because of the things that happen with cigarettes.

The British Medical Society did some research a couple of years back, and they found out that people who smoked cigarettes were 21 more times to end up with lung cancer as those that never smoked.

Interestingly, those that smoked cannabis regularly had a 0.93 to 0.73 percent chance of getting lung cancer as those that didn't smoke, which means those who smoked cannabis were LESS LIKELY THAN THOSE WHO DIDN'T SMOKE ANYTHING to get lung cancer.

As far as why it is illegal? Talk to Henry P. Anslinger on that one circa 1939. It seems that they (the people in DC) were looking for a way to legally persecute the blacks and the hispanics (who were the main consumers of marijuana). They were looking for legal racism. They also used big scare tactics like Reefer Madness.

Interestingly enough, Nixon commissioned a full study of marijuana while he was president. It was called the Laguardia Report, and it spoke VERY favorably towards the legalization of pot.

But......Nixon was looking for different results, and ordered the study to be buried.

You know......if we REALLY want to stimulate the economy, they should legalize pot. Cut off the buds for sale as joints and baggies, and use the rest of the plant for oil, food, clothing and paper. Hemp plants will make all of that and more.

Never mind the medical benefits to it..........

Jimmy Carter was going to try to get it legalized, but, was stopped by Congress.

I think it's time that we finally did so. And.......smoking 2-5 joints is a whole lot less harmful than drinking a 6 pack. Does less to mess up your perception and logic, as well as is a lot less harmful to your body.

LEGALIZE CANNABIS!!!!!!

I heard about this a year or so ago on CNN. It seems that Harvard Medical, the British Medical Society and some others have been researching this for awhile.

According to them, THC is tailor made for the brain, and, in addition to helping clean out the plaque, it can also help regenerate brain cells.

As far as Marinol being a more efficient delivery? Not really, as studies have shown that Marinol is only about 60 percent as effective as smoking. Doctors don't like the smoke delivery system, but, that is only because of the things that happen with cigarettes.

The British Medical Society did some research a couple of years back, and they found out that people who smoked cigarettes were 21 more times to end up with lung cancer as those that never smoked.

Interestingly, those that smoked cannabis regularly had a 0.93 to 0.73 percent chance of getting lung cancer as those that didn't smoke, which means those who smoked cannabis were LESS LIKELY THAN THOSE WHO DIDN'T SMOKE ANYTHING to get lung cancer.

As far as why it is illegal? Talk to Henry P. Anslinger on that one circa 1939. It seems that they (the people in DC) were looking for a way to legally persecute the blacks and the hispanics (who were the main consumers of marijuana). They were looking for legal racism. They also used big scare tactics like Reefer Madness.

Interestingly enough, Nixon commissioned a full study of marijuana while he was president. It was called the Laguardia Report, and it spoke VERY favorably towards the legalization of pot.

But......Nixon was looking for different results, and ordered the study to be buried.

You know......if we REALLY want to stimulate the economy, they should legalize pot. Cut off the buds for sale as joints and baggies, and use the rest of the plant for oil, food, clothing and paper. Hemp plants will make all of that and more.

Jimmy Carter was going to try to get it legalized, but, was stopped by Congress.

I think it's time that we finally did so. And.......smoking 2-5 joints is a whole lot less harmful than drinking a 6 pack. Does less to mess up your perception and logic, as well as is a lot less harmful to your body.

LEGALIZE CANNABIS!!!!!!
what if you use a vaporizer, how effective or non effective is that?

Vaporizers are considered one of the best ways to inhale, as there are very few to no particles ingested into the lungs, just the THC.

Go to the NORML website if you get a chance, they've got lots of research on that.

Incidentally, I've invented a shisha hookah that works on the same principle. Really kinda cool actually, as zero smoke is released into the air.

Vaporizers are considered one of the best ways to inhale, as there are very few to no particles ingested into the lungs, just the THC.

Go to the NORML website if you get a chance, they've got lots of research on that.

Incidentally, I've invented a shisha hookah that works on the same principle. Really kinda cool actually, as zero smoke is released into the air.
Does that go along with medical part also? I will for sure check the website out!
Your hookah sounds cool!
Another thing I always tell my friends is change your bong water every day!Just think about the crap that could be in there!

LEGALIZE CANNABIS!!!!!!
what if you use a vaporizer, how effective or non effective is that?

Amazingly effective. Easier on the lungs, too since the vaporized hemp is cooler ...or so I've been told (nod nod, wink wink)

Forum List

Back