Margaritaville

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
After not drinking for more than 25 years, I finally had the good sense to leave an alcoholic spouse and marry a non-alcoholic spouse. That means I can drink again. Mostly wine, red, home made, very good as well as good beer, but I had forgotten how much I used to like margaritas.

I've been experimenting to find what I like and have discovered those suckers are WAY high in calories. During our trip to the Caribbean, I found one bartender who made a killer margarita and the only thing he would tell us was that his key ingredient is triple sec.

So, any other margarita drinkers? And, how do you make yours?

So you haven't been drunk in 25 years - and now you're drinking again??

Miserable fucking failure.

Get to an AA meeting STAT you drunk fuck.

So you haven't been drunk in 25 years - and now you're drinking again??

Miserable fucking failure.

Get to an AA meeting STAT you drunk fuck.
You misunderstood the Luddite. He said:

"After 25 years he left an alcoholic spouse" so NOW he can imbibe again. He wasn't the one doing the drinking.

Why you go makin' me defend The Luddite? Asswipe.

Last edited:
After not drinking for more than 25 years, I finally had the good sense to leave an alcoholic spouse and marry a non-alcoholic spouse. That means I can drink again. Mostly wine, red, home made, very good as well as good beer, but I had forgotten how much I used to like margaritas.

I've been experimenting to find what I like and have discovered those suckers are WAY high in calories. During our trip to the Caribbean, I found one bartender who made a killer margarita and the only thing he would tell us was that his key ingredient is triple sec.

So, any other margarita drinkers? And, how do you make yours?

Always use a good tequila. Never the cheap shit.
Grand Marnier or Triple sec are my secret ingredients as well...

yeah, I tried cheap tequila, didn't like the smoky aftertaste. Did buy triple sec but - forgot all about Grand Marnier and brandy.

Little Umbrella ... while in Old San Juan we did go to the bar where (the story goes), Pina coladas were invented and where, Bourdain appeared in one of his shows. Tried my first pina colada - not bad but won't become of my faves.

Warrior, don't try so hard.

I have tried to copy the Chili's El Presidente Margarita and I've come pretty close... Good stuff Maynard...

Forum List

Back