Marco Rubio: 'I Want The Internet Of Tomorrow'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
There are some real Conservatives out there fighting for less Government in our lives. I know many lament the fact there are very few real Conservatives out there but it's important to also remember to point out and praise those who are fighting the good Conservative fight. I think Marco Rubio is one of them. He really is trying to fight off the Government takeover of the Internet...

Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio delivered a speech before Senate colleagues Wednesday in defense of the Internet of the future. His speech came during a floor debate on the Republican-led effort to overturn the FCC’s Internet regulation, which is set to take effect November 20.

“Personally, I don’t want to continue using the Internet of today,” said Rubio. “I want the Internet of tomorrow.”

The debate provided the latest chapter in a net-neutrality saga that saw both sides of the debate laying claim to the future of the Internet.

Rubio, who has previously spoken on the Senate floor about his vision of the “new American century,” told colleagues that the Internet and technology sector are what will “ensure that the next century is an American one.”

“I believe with all my heart that there is no reason why this 21st century should not be every bit as much the American Century as the last century was,” Rubio declared. “And one of the reasons I believe that is because of the advances that our entrepreneurs, our innovators are making in this field of the Internet.”

Read more: Marco Rubio | Internet Of Tomorrow | FCC Regulation | The Daily Caller

Define "government takeover of the internet".

This should be good.

I'm the first one to criticize all the phony Conservatives in the Republican Party but i also think people can be pretty unfair in not pointing out those who are fighting the good Conservative fight. I'm guilty of this myself so i'm not preaching. I like Rubio. He's making the effort. Sometimes you have to point out the positives and not just the negatives all the time.

Yea i think Message Boards do promote a lot of negativity. I'm definitely guilty of that. Most tend to come here ripping into all the phony Conservatives in the Republicn Party. I know i do that a lot myself. But sometimes it's good to talk about the real Conservatives like Rubio who really are trying. Gotta be positive sometimes. Even he's probably not the perfect Conservative but people may have to stop expecting perfection. Just a thought anyway.

Yea i think Message Boards do promote a lot of negativity. I'm definitely guilty of that. Most tend to come here ripping into all the phony Conservatives in the Republicn Party. I know i do that a lot myself. But sometimes it's good to talk about the real Conservatives like Rubio who really are trying. Gotta be positive sometimes. Even he's probably not the perfect Conservative but people may have to stop expecting perfection. Just a thought anyway.

How can you support someones stance on an issue when you don't even understand what the issue is?

Why do so many want the Government in their lives so much?

Do you drive on the interstate?

That is such a non starter.. You leftists would legislate ass cleaning by the government if you could.. You're all a bunch of pathetic whiny losers who can't do anything for yourselves. Go back to fucking grade school.

What a thoughtful post.

Apparently you never left grade school.

By the way....do you drive on the interstate?

Last edited:
Do you drive on the interstate?

That is such a non starter.. You leftists would legislate ass cleaning by the government if you could.. You're all a bunch of pathetic whiny losers who can't do anything for yourselves. Go back to fucking grade school.

What a thoughtful post.

Apparently you never left grade school.

By the way....do you drive on the interstate?

Here's an interesting little factiod for ya, Chrisp. Small Government does not mean no government. Why the hell you keep pretending that it does is beyond rational.

idiot.

Forum List

Back