Marco Rubio: Being Gay Is Not A Choice

I believe it's a choice. if people were born that way, why is only 5% of the population in this country:ack-1:

Accourding to the CDC it's about 2% that are gay.

As for your position, you obviously don't know any gays. I have a lot of friends in the Durham gay community, it's clearly the way they were born

look, I said I was joking because I was tired of hearing about it. I do know some homosexuals, fine upstanding folks. Have a nephew that is. so chill out

I'd say since you were the one posting in a gay thread then went off the handle because your post was responded to that your advice is better heeded by you. I was sick of gay threads a few weeks ago, so I stopped posting in them. I didn't go ahead and then get testy when I got a reply to what I said

Oh ok, being accused of not knowing any homosexuals I guess I should have just be calm and happy happy. now drop it

Call me when the MSM asks these questions of a Dem.... they never will... remember.. Obama & the Clintons were opposed to abortion and gay marriage.

Seems as they waffled as well.

Call me when the MSM asks these questions of a Dem.... they never will... remember.. Obama & the Clintons were opposed to abortion and gay marriage.

well of course we know what they'll say....they are so open and caring of all
Even when putting more taxes on us you know, they feel our pain....lol

I believe it's a choice. if people were born that way, why is only 5% of the population in this country:ack-1:

Accourding to the CDC it's about 2% that are gay.

As for your position, you obviously don't know any gays. I have a lot of friends in the Durham gay community, it's clearly the way they were born

look, I said I was joking because I was tired of hearing about it. I do know some homosexuals, fine upstanding folks. Have a nephew that is. so chill out

I'd say since you were the one posting in a gay thread then went off the handle because your post was responded to that your advice is better heeded by you. I was sick of gay threads a few weeks ago, so I stopped posting in them. I didn't go ahead and then get testy when I got a reply to what I said

Oh ok, being accused of not knowing any homosexuals I guess I should have just be calm and happy happy. now drop it

I replied to what you said

How do you know this about Obama and the Clintons if the MSM never will ask these questions of a Dem?

Reportedly, Jeb Bush was Rubio's mentor - so just imagine the dirt they must have on each other. One way to avoid a potential shit storm would be if they strike a deal (Jeb president, Rubio VP). Could get interesting...

Marco Rubio’s deranged religion, Ted Cruz’s bizarre faith: Our would-be presidents are God-fearing clowns

With the dapper Florida Sen. Marco Rubio we move into the more disturbing category of Republicans we might charitably diagnose as “faith-deranged” – in other words, as likely to do fine among the unwashed “crazies” in the red-state primaries, but whose religious beliefs would (or should) render them unfit for civilized company anywhere else.

Among the faith-deranged, Rubio stands out. He briefly dumped one magic book for another, converting from Roman Catholicism to Mormonism and then back again. (Reporters take note: This is faith-fueled flip-flopping, which surely indicates a damning character flaw to be investigated. Flip-flopping of a different sort helped sink John Kerry’s 2004 presidential bid.) Yet even as a re-minted Catholic, Rubio cheats on the Pope with a megachurch in Miami calledChrist Fellowship. As religion and politics blogger Bruce Wilson points out, Christ Fellowship is a hotbed of “demonology and exorcism, Young Earth creationism, and denial of evolution,” and is so intolerant it demands its prospective employees certify they are not “practicing homosexuals” and don’t cheat on their spouses. (Check out its manifesto under “About Us – What We Believe.”) As regards evolution, Rubio confesses that he’s “not a scientist” and so cannot presume to judge the fact of evolution on its merits, and holds that creationism should be taught in schools as just one of many “multiple theories” about our origins.

Though he magnanimously acknowledges that atheists “have a right to not believe in God,” Rubio has called the Almighty the “source of all we have,” and, worse, stated that “our national motto is ‘In God We Trust,’” which reminds us that “faith in our Creator is the most important American value of all.” According to this logic, atheists are not fully “American.” Rubio also believes “You cannot do anything without God,” which he terms “a profound and elemental truth.” Stephen Hawking, the theoretical physicist known for, among other things, his far more profound and elemental accomplishments in melding the general theory of relativity and quantum mechanics, and, most recently, for publicly declaring his atheism, would beg to differ. It’s a safe bet, in fact, that most scientists have a better grasp on the vital verities than anyone rummaging around in Rubio’s beloved “sacred” tome of far-fetched fiction and foolish figments.

Marco Rubio, please explain how your membership in the fanatical homophobic cult of Christ Fellowship has influenced you? How much demonology do you believe? Has the Fellowship conducted any exorcisms lately? If so, have you taken part? Has the “the power of Christ” ever “compelled you?” If yes, please elaborate.

More: Marco Rubio's deranged religion, Ted Cruz's bizarre faith: Our would-be presidents are God-fearing clowns - Salon.com

Holy shit, this is scary stuff. Just imagine such a confused religious radical as president. Gives me the willies...

Rubio-1000x600.jpg

6 Reasons Marco Rubio Will Never be President

This teabagger clown is toast.

There are more important issues than whether or not a fag can get married or not. We have to choose our battles. I think the closing the borders and getting rid of the illegals is more important than the gay battle.

so you hate spics more than you hate fags?

I don't want to be the one to break it to you, but you are being played on both issues.

You see, the GOP is made up a few billionaires and lots of stupid people like you who vote against your own economic interests because they've gotten very good at pushing your religious, sexual and racial buttons.

Case in point. The rich were the ones who put the kaybosh on religious restoration laws being used by small businesses to discriminate. Why? Because it isn't in their economic interests. They want the gay employees they have to be happy and productive. That's why they were offering "Domestic Partner' benefits long before the states came around on gay marriage.

Case in point #2. The rich WANT illegals. They want someone they can use to undercut your pay, they want cheap labor, and they want to keep you resentful. But when all the smoke clears, they'll push an amnesty plan through.

Last edited:
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Sunday that he didn't think being gay was a choice but rather the way some people were born.

"I also don't believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people," he said. "In fact, the bottom line is I believe sexual preference is something that people are born with."

Last week, Rubio also said that he would attend a gay wedding of a loved one, even if he disagreed with the "choice" that loved one had made.

“I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made, or whatever it may be,” Rubio said. “Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them.”

Marco Rubio: Being Gay Is Not A Choice

Does Rubio ever take a definitive position on anything? Unless I'm misreading the above - it sounds like he's waffling on whether being gay is a choice. He can't have it both ways.

Wow...I like him. I wouldn't vote for him, but I like him.

Forum List

Back