March Madness: Southern Mississippi's Racist Chant

Yeah, the Southern Mississippi crowd were yelling, "where's your green card" at Angel Rodriguez, of Kansas State, during their game. Here's the video:

But justice prevailed. Rodriguez, who happens to be Puerto Rican, is a birth right citizen of the US. He led his team in scoring, including making four crucial free throws near the end, to beat Mississippi in the playoff game. Angel is also just a freshman. I hope the wingnut pigs who made those racist chants gave him a bit more motivation. Perhaps those assholes at Southern Miss, ought to have gotten themselves into a liberal school, where they could have gotten lessons on logical thought.

That's really not racist...

In present day society racism has been taken way out of context and misused.

I had no idea illegal aliens were a race...

You could chant that at a white polish cleaning lady who may be an illegal...

Not to mention if that kid is in fact an illegal the question is valid.

He is Hispanic. He is Puerto Rican, which gives him birthright citizenship. How does "illegal" enter into any rational debate? Are you saying that these Southern Miss fans were OK, when they made the ignorant assumption that because someone who is Hispanic be stereotyped?

That is certainly worse than hispanics beating white sports fans into unconsciousness, that's for sure.

What's that old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

As usual, the libs have it backwards.

They easily tolerate terrorist attacks, beatings, murders, rapes and other crimes from certain groups and they shrug and remind us not to rush to judgement, but don't say one of their banned words or phrases or they scream in horror and bash entire states, parties, etc.

After reading the thread all I can say is "^^^THIS^^^"!!

Where did I state a conclusion about any general populace? I pointed out the fans, including band members, of Southern Mississippi University using racist chants in 2012.

Yeah... so Southern Miss is Racist :rolleyes:

Their chant was racist. But it seems that the wingnuts here would just like to dismiss it. Figures.

Again.. since you are about as hollow in the head as the kool-aid man

I did not say racist nor disgusting things are 'OK'

But your obvious and feeble attempt at labeling a group from the dreaded 'south' as racist because of the taunting chants at a sports event does not make the whole group racist... it does not make the region racist.. and it does not make the university racist

But nice try winger troll

Yeah... so Southern Miss is Racist :rolleyes:

Their chant was racist. But it seems that the wingnuts here would just like to dismiss it. Figures.

But your obvious and feeble attempt at labeling a group from the dreaded 'south' as racist because of the taunting chants at a sports event does not make the whole group racist... it does not make the region racist.. and it does not make the university racist

Nice strawman, but nothing I've said in this thread supports the contention you pulled out of your ass.

Nothing to do with Politics. Stupid kids shouting stupid shite at sporting events, is hardly anything new. Faux outrage just isn't necessary. It isn't about Politics in any way.

Nice strawman, but nothing I've said in this thread supports the contention you pulled out of your ass.

Yes.. because we all know that the likes of you would not have made the same thread if it were NYU or Howard students/fans that were shouting alleged racist comments

Your agenda shows thru like a supernova

Where did I state a conclusion about any general populace? I pointed out the fans, including band members, of Southern Mississippi University using racist chants in 2012.

I heard one person say it once, then two people say it one more time.

So you are generalizing.

Maybe the Dear Leader should have them 'detained' under the NDAA? Sound like Terrorists to me.

Yeah, the Southern Mississippi crowd were yelling, "where's your green card" at Angel Rodriguez, of Kansas State, during their game. Here's the video:

But justice prevailed. Rodriguez, who happens to be Puerto Rican, is a birth right citizen of the US. He led his team in scoring, including making four crucial free throws near the end, to beat Mississippi in the playoff game. Angel is also just a freshman. I hope the wingnut pigs who made those racist chants gave him a bit more motivation. Perhaps those assholes at Southern Miss, ought to have gotten themselves into a liberal school, where they could have gotten lessons on logical thought.

That's really not racist...

In present day society racism has been taken way out of context and misused.

I had no idea illegal aliens were a race...

You could chant that at a white polish cleaning lady who may be an illegal...

Not to mention if that kid is in fact an illegal the question is valid.

No one is saying illegal immigrants are a race. It's the underlying assumption of the chant that any Hispanic must be an illegal immigrant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back