March Madness: Southern Mississippi's Racist Chant

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, the Southern Mississippi crowd were yelling, "where's your green card" at Angel Rodriguez, of Kansas State, during their game. Here's the video:

But justice prevailed. Rodriguez, who happens to be Puerto Rican, is a birth right citizen of the US. He led his team in scoring, including making four crucial free throws near the end, to beat Mississippi in the playoff game. Angel is also just a freshman. I hope the wingnut pigs who made those racist chants gave him a bit more motivation. Perhaps those assholes at Southern Miss, ought to have gotten themselves into a liberal school, where they could have gotten lessons on logical thought.

this happens at all these rival games....duke student research players to find thing to harass them with

they tossed quarters on the court when tom burleson was playing....he had been found stealing quarters or something from a drink machine

this happens at all these rival games....duke student research players to find thing to harass them with

they tossed quarters on the court when tom burleson was playing....he had been found stealing quarters or something from a drink machine

I've been to my share of college games. Twirling umbrellas, with your team colors, in the opponents court, taunting, etc. is part of it. I've never seen such a blatant racist rant in a game, without going to the film archives of the '50s and '60s. If you feel a need to just hand wave this piggery away, go for it.

That is certainly worse than hispanics beating white sports fans into unconsciousness, that's for sure.

What's that old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

As usual, the libs have it backwards.

They easily tolerate terrorist attacks, beatings, murders, rapes and other crimes from certain groups and they shrug and remind us not to rush to judgement, but don't say one of their banned words or phrases or they scream in horror and bash entire states, parties, etc.

DJ Strawberry, playing for the Terps at the time... had opponents shaking baggies filled with white powder when he was at the freethrow line.... and that is in this area...

It has NOTHING to do with the local state or area being 'racist'..

But, par for the course, Dick Suck likes to make the outrageous leap

DJ Strawberry, playing for the Terps at the time... had opponents shaking baggies filled with white powder when he was at the freethrow line.... and that is in this area...

Had we known, that could have also happened to Len Bias. But Southern Miss chose a racist taunt. But that seems to be OK with the wingnut phonies who want to pretend they're color blind.

Had we known, that could have also happened to Len Bias. But Southern Miss chose a racist taunt. But that seems to be OK with the wingnut phonies who want to pretend they're color blind.

Not saying any racist speech or disgusting gesture is OK.... and what is also not OK is your leaping to conclusions about the general populace of an area because of sports taunting

Not saying any racist speech or disgusting gesture is OK.... and what is also not OK is your leaping to conclusions about the general populace of an area because of sports taunting

Where did I state a conclusion about any general populace? I pointed out the fans, including band members, of Southern Mississippi University using racist chants in 2012.

Where did I state a conclusion about any general populace? I pointed out the fans, including band members, of Southern Mississippi University using racist chants in 2012.

Yeah... so Southern Miss is Racist :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Southern Mississippi crowd were yelling, "where's your green card" at Angel Rodriguez, of Kansas State, during their game. Here's the video:

But justice prevailed. Rodriguez, who happens to be Puerto Rican, is a birth right citizen of the US.

Not surprising. Consider the source. No wonder they rank at or near the bottom.

Yup, I was right in the other thread. You are an empty headed race baiter.

Serious topics are over your head so you resort to meaningless tactics.

It happened, Dick Tuck posted it here and Dick Tuck is race baiting?

I keep seeing the people who do these things are a-ok, but if anyone tells you about what happened, the messenger is the race baiter. uh..ok

I am deeply disturbed at the quality of bigotry in this country.
This new generation does not have the intelligence to be good bigots.
Some kind of chant opining Rodriguez basketball skill vs. why he doesn't play baseball for instance would have been much more clever and valid.

Yeah... so Southern Miss is Racist :rolleyes:

Their chant was racist. But it seems that the wingnuts here would just like to dismiss it. Figures.

But justice prevailed. Rodriguez, who happens to be Puerto Rican, is a birth right citizen of the US.

Not surprising. Consider the source. No wonder they rank at or near the bottom.

The stupid is on so many levels with that chant.

But justice prevailed. Rodriguez, who happens to be Puerto Rican, is a birth right citizen of the US. He led his team in scoring, including making four crucial free throws near the end, to beat Mississippi in the playoff game. Angel is also just a freshman. I hope the wingnut pigs who made those racist chants gave him a bit more motivation. Perhaps those assholes at Southern Miss, ought to have gotten themselves into a liberal school, where they could have gotten lessons on logical thought.

That's really not racist...

In present day society racism has been taken way out of context and misused.

I had no idea illegal aliens were a race...

You could chant that at a white polish cleaning lady who may be an illegal...

Not to mention if that kid is in fact an illegal the question is valid.

Forum List

Back