March For Marriage Draws Tens, But Promises Ultimate Victory Over Obergefell

It's still criminal, and it's still a coverup. However we are seeing the same shit in public schools, but i guess that is OK because its usually a female teacher and a boy.

Except no one says that's okay, and when it happens, the teacher is usually jailed. She isn't moved from one parish to another without warning anyone. Which is what the Catholic Church did for decades.

They are still not pedophiles, most of them are probably repressed homosexuals, and yes, the Church did have a serious issue with that they covered up repeatedly.

Wow, talk about splitting hairs. The point is, a 12 year old is no more equipped to make those kinds of decisions than a 10 year old. And the church did cover this up.

The Catholic Church made a terrible mistake in allowing gays into the church to begin with. Priests are not public school teachers. If the Church wants to regain its integrity it needs to have a purge.

I agree. They need to purge all the idiots who believe that a magic man in the sky will take away your sexual urges if you just beg him hard enough. Come to think of it, I imagine you do that a lot, ever since that "one time in college".

And your last statement "gays can't change being gay" goes against the whole gender-fluid thing that is all the rage now. Who knew you were such a bigot?

There's a difference between sexual orientation and gender identity... but I think you are kind of desperate to hide your bigotry.

People are still miserable because others they dont know love someone of the same sex.

To the poster above, why not purge pedophiles instead?

Because for Marty and Tipsy, it isn't about protecting kids. It's about having someone to irrationally hate.

Well then we can look at the American Women's gymnastics organization for cover-ups. you just focus on the Church because of your biases.

It's called be accurate, something you don't obviously care about.

I think lefties like you just pick and choose what you believe in based on how mean it makes you look to people you hate.

Well then we can look at the American Women's gymnastics organization for cover-ups. you just focus on the Church because of your biases.

Mostly because the American Women's Gymnastic Organization can't threaten people with hellfire if they object to the whole thing. The Church did that for years.

except it's not accurate, it's just picking another word that doesn't sound quite as bad. It's like calling rape victims "Unwilling sperm recipients"

I think lefties like you just pick and choose what you believe in based on how mean it makes you look to people you hate.

Well, you aren't terribly good at that "thinking" thing , then.

Mostly because the American Women's Gymnastic Organization can't threaten people with hellfire if they object to the whole thing. The Church did that for years.

except it's not accurate, it's just picking another word that doesn't sound quite as bad. It's like calling rape victims "Unwilling sperm recipients"

Well, you aren't terribly good at that "thinking" thing , then.

The gymnastics people did get away with it for years. Also you don't see a lot of press coverage on it for some reason....

No, it isn't pedophilia is a specific thing. Calling something else it is wrong. Words mean things.

Better than you at it, dipshit.

The gymnastics people did get away with it for years. Also you don't see a lot of press coverage on it for some reason....

Probably because it only involved a handful of people.. as opposed to the Catholic Church, which hid HUNDREDS of pedophile priests for decades.

No, it isn't pedophilia is a specific thing. Calling something else it is wrong. Words mean things.

I don't think there's a magic line where a kiddie-diddler becomes okay. I'm sorry you do.

Probably because it only involved a handful of people.. as opposed to the Catholic Church, which hid HUNDREDS of pedophile priests for decades.

I don't think there's a magic line where a kiddie-diddler becomes okay. I'm sorry you do.

It wasn't a handful, and your dismissal of the issue because you don't have an axe to grind with gymnastics is noted.

Where did I say it becomes OK? It's all illegal and wrong. I am saying most of the time with priests it isn't true pedophilia, but pederasty.

I demand you retract your statement or I will report it. Or prove where I said either are OK.

Where did I say it becomes OK? It's all illegal and wrong. I am saying most of the time with priests it isn't true pedophilia, but pederasty.

I demand you retract your statement or I will report it. Or prove where I said either are OK.

You are the one who wants to draw a distinction between the two, not me.

To my mind, there is no distinction. It's an adult having sex with a child. Calling is something different because the child is 12 instead of 11... just not seeing the difference.

However, i apologize if you are offended.

So the question is, why do you think "Pederasty" is less serious than pedophilia? I think they are both really bad, don't you?

It wasn't a handful, and your dismissal of the issue because you don't have an axe to grind with gymnastics is noted.

Actually, it was all of 54 coaches that had complaints... even assuming all of them were valid, that's nothing compared to the hundreds of cases of priests who have been accused of this sort of thing. Also, you didn't have the millions paid in hush money, NDA's, moving priests to other locations without warning people.

So what you are talking about is an association that should have done more to police people who didn't actually work for them, vs. an organization that openly enabled people who did.

You are the one who wants to draw a distinction between the two, not me.

To my mind, there is no distinction. It's an adult having sex with a child. Calling is something different because the child is 12 instead of 11... just not seeing the difference.

However, i apologize if you are offended.

So the question is, why do you think "Pederasty" is less serious than pedophilia? I think they are both really bad, don't you?

Actually, it was all of 54 coaches that had complaints... even assuming all of them were valid, that's nothing compared to the hundreds of cases of priests who have been accused of this sort of thing. Also, you didn't have the millions paid in hush money, NDA's, moving priests to other locations without warning people.

So what you are talking about is an association that should have done more to police people who didn't actually work for them, vs. an organization that openly enabled people who did.

Thanks for the apology. I'll drop the matter immediately.

It's not a question of seriousness, it's a question of cause. True pedophiles are usually not sex-specific, and most people think it is an actual mental disorder (but not one bad enough to allow people not to be convicted of a crime). The pederasty we see in the Church is most likely causes by repressed gay men unable to control their urges anymore. it's why most targets are pubescent boys. it's where the criminals in question stopped their sexual development, so it's the type of person they are attracted to.

In any event, I do admit the Church fucked up, and several bishops should be prosecuted for coverups, and the church should pay through the nose. What I don't support is people like you using it as a knife to stab religion just because you don't like it, and this gives you an easy "in" to progress your agenda.

"Only" 54? Really? And how many got away with it without being called out? And what about Penn State? and what about all the female Teachers boinking male (and often female) students?

Again, your laser focus on the Church has everything to do with your obvious blood feud with it.

It's not a question of seriousness, it's a question of cause. True pedophiles are usually not sex-specific, and most people think it is an actual mental disorder (but not one bad enough to allow people not to be convicted of a crime). The pederasty we see in the Church is most likely causes by repressed gay men unable to control their urges anymore. it's why most targets are pubescent boys. it's where the criminals in question stopped their sexual development, so it's the type of person they are attracted to.

That's actually a valid point, but that makes the Church even more complicit.

You see, old school Catholic, the minute little Timmy started singing show tunes, they carted his ass off to the seminary to study for the priesthood. So essentially, they froze him in time as a confused gay 14 year old, and then unleashed him again as a 20 or 30 something on a community and gave him access to pre-teen boys. They should have seen this coming.

Now, it's kind of okay to be gay, so the number of priests have dropped,and you seem most of the clergy work being done by deacons.

In any event, I do admit the Church fucked up, and several bishops should be prosecuted for coverups, and the church should pay through the nose. What I don't support is people like you using it as a knife to stab religion just because you don't like it, and this gives you an easy "in" to progress your agenda.

But you miss the point. Religion makes these kinds of abuses possible. Unlike the creepy gym coach or the female teacher who can't deal with adulthood, the pedo-whatever priest has a whole organization behind him, and he supposedly speaks for a magic pixie in the sky who can do truly horrible things to you for all eternity if you get on his bad side. So it's not just what they did, it's how they use that power to abuse the system.

Case in point. New York is trying to pass a law allowing adult victims of child abuse to sue, even if the abuse was years ago. Guess who is trying to block that law.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...n-catholic-church-spar-over-ny-sex-abuse-bill

"Only" 54? Really? And how many got away with it without being called out? And what about Penn State? and what about all the female Teachers boinking male (and often female) students?

Again, your laser focus on the Church has everything to do with your obvious blood feud with it.

I personally think that the 54 number is exaggerated... but the organization took steps. So did Penn State. So do the school systems.

The problem isn't that these organizations don't attract pedophiles and pederasts. Of course they do. They go to these places for the same reason why Willie Sutton Robbed Banks.

It's just that those other organizations take steps to weed out the bad apple,the Church made efforts to protect them. The minute Fr. McCreepy said to Fr. LessCreepy in confession, "I diddled little Timmy", and Fr. LessCreepy didn't make a beeline to the local police department and report him, then he was complicit.

If he did, however, the Church would defrock him for violating the sanctity of the sacrament of confession.

You see, if I have a bias, it's because I've lived in that world, where three generations of my family have actually worked for that Church. I knew there was something off about the clergy at a pretty early age. But man, saying something about it would have gotten me slapped.

i

That's actually a valid point, but that makes the Church even more complicit.

You see, old school Catholic, the minute little Timmy started singing show tunes, they carted his ass off to the seminary to study for the priesthood. So essentially, they froze him in time as a confused gay 14 year old, and then unleashed him again as a 20 or 30 something on a community and gave him access to pre-teen boys. They should have seen this coming.

Now, it's kind of okay to be gay, so the number of priests have dropped,and you seem most of the clergy work being done by deacons.

But you miss the point. Religion makes these kinds of abuses possible. Unlike the creepy gym coach or the female teacher who can't deal with adulthood, the pedo-whatever priest has a whole organization behind him, and he supposedly speaks for a magic pixie in the sky who can do truly horrible things to you for all eternity if you get on his bad side. So it's not just what they did, it's how they use that power to abuse the system.

Case in point. New York is trying to pass a law allowing adult victims of child abuse to sue, even if the abuse was years ago. Guess who is trying to block that law.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...n-catholic-church-spar-over-ny-sex-abuse-bill

I personally think that the 54 number is exaggerated... but the organization took steps. So did Penn State. So do the school systems.

The problem isn't that these organizations don't attract pedophiles and pederasts. Of course they do. They go to these places for the same reason why Willie Sutton Robbed Banks.

It's just that those other organizations take steps to weed out the bad apple,the Church made efforts to protect them. The minute Fr. McCreepy said to Fr. LessCreepy in confession, "I diddled little Timmy", and Fr. LessCreepy didn't make a beeline to the local police department and report him, then he was complicit.

If he did, however, the Church would defrock him for violating the sanctity of the sacrament of confession.

You see, if I have a bias, it's because I've lived in that world, where three generations of my family have actually worked for that Church. I knew there was something off about the clergy at a pretty early age. But man, saying something about it would have gotten me slapped.

it has only been a tiny minority of priests with this issue. They compounded it by shuttling these assholes around. You make it seem like most of them were molesters. The coverup is a far more valid target for scorn on the leadership, as that covered far more people.

The other organizations are just as apt to try to cover shit up, they just weren't as effective at it. There is also the bias about females abusing kids being seen as not a big deal compared to men doing it.

NY's law trying to change Statue's of limitations falls afoul of ex post facto.

The Church did cover things up, but recently we have not seen the issue as much because they are trying to clean house. Those other organizations are still denying things happen.

it has only been a tiny minority of priests with this issue. They compounded it by shuttling these assholes around. You make it seem like most of them were molesters. The coverup is a far more valid target for scorn on the leadership, as that covered far more people.

Again, guy, I grew up Catholic. All the priests/Christian brothers were a little creepy. And they kept shuttling them around when they got into "Trouble".

The other organizations are just as apt to try to cover shit up, they just weren't as effective at it. There is also the bias about females abusing kids being seen as not a big deal compared to men doing it.

I think that bias is that men and women see sexuality differently. Most teen-aged boys would have LOVED to have scored with that hot teacher who was only a few years older than they were. So, yeah, these teachers who do this aren't treated as seriously when they should be.

Not as effective because, again, being able to threaten people with hellfire is pretty effective.

No, it's trying to get people justice they were denied decades ago because the Church had the power to cover these things up.

The Church did cover things up, but recently we have not seen the issue as much because they are trying to clean house. Those other organizations are still denying things happen.

I'm sorry, where has Penn State denied anything happened? Or the schools? Or even Girl's Gymnastics?

The church isn't cleaning house. the problem the church has is that no one is signing up for the Clergy.

they could solve their problem in ten minutes. Allowed married men who can have normal relationships with women to become priests.

Problem. Fucking. Solved.

Every state that voted on this voted AGAINST same sex marriage, so your side STOLE your victory, just like you STOLE victory with Roe v. Wade.
Did "my side" also steel the victory in Loving v. Virginia ??Should the good people of Virginia gotten to vote on that too?

I am on no 'side'; why is the marriage of consenting sdults, otherwise legal, an issue? One can ignore the wedding, anniverseries, and refuse to recognize the marriage by shunning the married couple.

Unless bigamy or some other law is violated, why care if it is against your beliefs?

Again, guy, I grew up Catholic. All the priests/Christian brothers were a little creepy. And they kept shuttling them around when they got into "Trouble".

I think that bias is that men and women see sexuality differently. Most teen-aged boys would have LOVED to have scored with that hot teacher who was only a few years older than they were. So, yeah, these teachers who do this aren't treated as seriously when they should be.

Not as effective because, again, being able to threaten people with hellfire is pretty effective.

No, it's trying to get people justice they were denied decades ago because the Church had the power to cover these things up.

I'm sorry, where has Penn State denied anything happened? Or the schools? Or even Girl's Gymnastics?

The church isn't cleaning house. the problem the church has is that no one is signing up for the Clergy.

they could solve their problem in ten minutes. Allowed married men who can have normal relationships with women to become priests.

Problem. Fucking. Solved.

All of them? methinks your recollection is fogged by your current viewpoints.

I grew up Catholic, and I ran into more convicted pervs in Boy Scouts (3) than I did with regards to the Church (1). That's tied with work (1).

Never got abused by any of them, just interacted with them years before they got pinched.

You do realize that a subset of the gay population is actually in favor of pederastic relations? Read up on harry Hay. Is the real thing that bothers you about the Church stuff is it's man on boy?

Coercion is Coercion.

Has the organization for Girls Gymnastics come clean? Doesn't Penn State still say they had NO IDEA what was going on 20 years ago, only fessing up to what happened in the past 5?

And having married priests is actually something I support.

I grew up Catholic, and I ran into more convicted pervs in Boy Scouts (3) than I did with regards to the Church (1). That's tied with work (1).

Never got abused by any of them, just interacted with them years before they got pinched.

Actually, two priests in my parish got accused of pedophilia. The big surprise is one of them involved a girl, because we were sure that guy was into boys.

You do realize that a subset of the gay population is actually in favor of pederastic relations? Read up on harry Hay. Is the real thing that bothers you about the Church stuff is it's man on boy?

No, what bothers me about the Church is that it's an institution that has the power to get away with it.

Has the organization for Girls Gymnastics come clean? Doesn't Penn State still say they had NO IDEA what was going on 20 years ago, only fessing up to what happened in the past 5?

They've done more than the church has to clean house.

Actually, two priests in my parish got accused of pedophilia. The big surprise is one of them involved a girl, because we were sure that guy was into boys.

No, what bothers me about the Church is that it's an institution that has the power to get away with it.

They've done more than the church has to clean house.

Again, was it actual pedophilia or was it post-pubescent kids?

"Got" away with it.

With gymnastics, I think not. With Penn State is was only one guy doing it, and they successfully ignored it for decades.

again, doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but since this was an elementary school parish, draw your own conclusions.

With gymnastics, I think not. With Penn State is was only one guy doing it, and they successfully ignored it for decades.

Okay... the CEO of women's gymnastics resigned.

The Pope hasn't.

again, doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but since this was an elementary school parish, draw your own conclusions.

Okay... the CEO of women's gymnastics resigned.

The Pope hasn't.

I thought you said it was your parish? Are you lying?

Most of the crimes that happened went on under other Popes, not this one.

No, it was the parish I grew up in. Obviously, I haven't had a parish since 1983, when the fucked up old nun said God had a reason for my mom to die of cancer.

Except those previous popes didn't resign either. Benedict XVI stepped down because he was infirm, not because as Cardinal Ratzinger, he was a key player in covering up the abuse

No, it was the parish I grew up in. Obviously, I haven't had a parish since 1983, when the fucked up old nun said God had a reason for my mom to die of cancer.

Except those previous popes didn't resign either. Benedict XVI stepped down because he was infirm, not because as Cardinal Ratzinger, he was a key player in covering up the abuse

That really does explain your personality. You are nothing more than a mean bastard, who decides one person's action means everyone like them is guilty of some "crime' against the "great JoeBlow".

You are a narcissistic twat.

And what would the Pope's resignation accomplish?

That really does explain your personality. You are nothing more than a mean bastard, who decides one person's action means everyone like them is guilty of some "crime' against the "great JoeBlow".

You miss the point. YOu see, that fucked up old frustrated lesbian probably really thought what she was saying was comforting. She didn't think something that fucked up on her own. She'd been brainwashed for years thinking her magic sky man has a plan for everything fucked up in the world.

Thankfully, it's cool to be a Lesbian now, we'll even bitch-slap you if you don't bake their wedding cakes, and no young women are being lured into that fucked up lifestyle of thinking they can pray away the gay and torment young children.

And what would the Pope's resignation accomplish?

An admission HE did something wrong. Same reason anyone resigns. Why did Nixon resign?

Sweet Evil Jesus, when Tricky Dick shows more integrity than the pope. that says a lot.

Forum List

Back