March 15 Is Armed Forces Day

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Armed Forces Day - Saturday, May 15th
"The heritage of freedom must be guarded as carefully in peace as it was in war. Faith, not suspicion, must be the key to our relationships. Sacrifice, not selfishness, must be the eternal price of liberty. Vigilance, not appeasement, is the byword of living freedoms." --General Omar N. Bradley, Armed Forced Day, 1950.
Saturday, 15 May, is Armed Forces Day -- that day first set asidein 1949 by President Harry Truman to recognize the unification of the Armed Forces under the Department of Defense and to acknowledge the extraordinary dedication of Americans in uniform standing ready in harm's way at home and around the world. In the words of President Dwight Eisenhower, "It is fitting and proper that we devote one day each year to paying special tribute to those whose constancy and courage constitute one of the bulwarks guarding
the freedom of this nation and the peace of the free world."

To all our fellow Patriots in uniform, we offer our heartfelt gratitude for your sacrifice and prayers for your safety.

Please take a moment to thank our men and women in uniform!

Sign an Open Letter in Support of America's Armed Forces.

Note: The above information was sent by the Federalist Email Newsletter.

as a retired vet I thank you,and think there should be a lot more people like youwho realize why they get to live the sweet american life that they do.People like you make it easy to volunteer to take a chance of dying for the most important cause in the world.Not that I personally have the right ,but I thank you from every man or woman in the armed services. God bless you darlin.

Thanks Trademark and welcome from a fellow Illinoisian.

your welcome and I look forward to a lot of interesting debates and discussions

Forum List

Back