Maple Leafs Take Up the Slack

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
The Nashville Predators visited the Toronto Maple Leafs Tuesday night, and during the performance of the Star-Spangled Banner, the microphone cut out. Almost immediately, the crowd in the Air Canada Centre joined in to finish the final few lines. The organist followed up by performing O Canada, and the Predators went on to win 9-2.

If the roles were reversed, how many Tennesseans could finish off O Canada? We’re guessing less than 5% of the crowd.

Canadian fans at Leafs game finish Star-Spangled Banner after microphone malfunctions For The Win

Our neighbors to the North are such a classy bunch. :)

The Nashville Predators visited the Toronto Maple Leafs Tuesday night, and during the performance of the Star-Spangled Banner, the microphone cut out. Almost immediately, the crowd in the Air Canada Centre joined in to finish the final few lines. The organist followed up by performing O Canada, and the Predators went on to win 9-2.

If the roles were reversed, how many Tennesseans could finish off O Canada? We’re guessing less than 5% of the crowd.

Canadian fans at Leafs game finish Star-Spangled Banner after microphone malfunctions For The Win

Our neighbors to the North are such a classy bunch. :)
Like back bacon do ya, eh???

What's an "O Canada"?

And I'm certain hockey fans could follow through you American hating twat
It isn't about me hating America its about Canada loving America. But then stupid you wouldn't be able to figure it out.

What's an "O Canada"?

And I'm certain hockey fans could follow through you American hating twat
It isn't about me hating America its about Canada loving America. But then stupid you wouldn't be able to figure it out.
So the insult you put on the end of your op was what?

:lol:
What insult. You have a problem with it because you hate Canada. Old Repub grudges make it difficult for your types to focus sometimes.

I like hockey but not the one which is played on the ice. Yet, I think I like O Canada. It is a beautiful song.

There are two versions of it.

Official English version:

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!

Translation of official French version:

O Canada!
Land of our forefathers,
Thy brow is wreathed with a glorious garland of flowers.
As is thy arm ready to wield the sword,
So also is it ready to carry the cross.
Thy history is an epic
Of the most brilliant exploits.
Thy valor steeped in faith
Will protect our homes and our rights
Will protect our homes and our rights

Forum List

Back