Map Your Location

Thanks again

I suspect that fear may hold some back

Of course, in today's world, you can't blame them

I understand why some people wouldn't.

I just think that if you keep it general enough, there should be no harm. Zip code, area code, county, whatever.

For instance, the location it has for me is the exact center of the zip code where I live. However, I live on the extreme edge of that zip code and not the center.

OK, I give up. I can't figure out how to put myself in zip code 62222 on your map.

Thanks again

I understand why some people wouldn't.

I just think that if you keep it general enough, there should be no harm. Zip code, area code, county, whatever.

For instance, the location it has for me is the exact center of the zip code where I live. However, I live on the extreme edge of that zip code and not the center.

OK, I give up. I can't figure out how to put myself in zip code 62222 on your map.

I have to do it. You can't edit the map. Hold on and I'll put you in.

Wait a minute. I think I changed it so anyone can edit it now (if you have a google account). But I've already added you.

Last edited:
Thanks again

If I lived in NYC or another urban area where it's easy to be anonymous, no problem.

When you live in a rural area with very few people, it's easy to be found with a surprisingly small amount of personal information once you're pinpointed. You can't exactly use the phone book as a door stop or even a very good paperweight in some places, ya know?

Been there, done that unfortunately.

But if somebody wants to randomly select a spot in the north central part of PA they can plop me in there. Close enough. :)

Thanks again

If I lived in NYC or another urban area where it's easy to be anonymous, no problem.

When you live in a rural area with very few people, it's easy to be found with a surprisingly small amount of personal information once you're pinpointed. You can't exactly use the phone book as a door stop or even a very good paperweight in some places, ya know?

But if somebody wants to randomly select a spot in the north central part of PA they can plop me in there. Close enough. :)

I put you in the Susquehannock State Forest.

USMB Members - Google Maps

Thanks again

Hehehe. Perfect! :thup:

Whats up with PA liquor laws? I thought the bible belt was bad....

Thanks again

it's easy to be found in nyc, too... you'd be surprised.

for example, i think neotrotsky should send me some steamed veggie dumplings from Excellent Dumpling House.

I'll be waiting. :eusa_whistle:

It's Pennsyltucky. People think of PA as some progressive state. It ain't, not by a long shot. *shrug*

At least there aren't any dry counties, but having those no Sunday sales blue laws and having to travel to a State owned store to get a bottle of wine is a pain in the ass.

It's Pennsyltucky. People think of PA as some progressive state. It ain't, not by a long shot. *shrug*

At least there aren't any dry counties, but having those no Sunday sales blue laws and having to travel to a State owned store to get a bottle of wine is a pain in the ass.

Indiana has 'Blue Laws' too, you can't buy booze on Sunday, but you can go out to a bar (as long as it serves food) and get drunk off your ass and drive home...............:cuckoo:

OK Radioman, put me in at Peyton Mannings addresss, that's close enough I guess.

Indiana has 'Blue Laws' too, you can't buy booze on Sunday, but you can go out to a bar (as long as it serves food) and get drunk off your ass and drive home...............:cuckoo:

OK Radioman, put me in at Peyton Mannings addresss, that's close enough I guess.

Sure you can get booze on Sundays, but only in a restaurant whose food sales are a certain percentage of their receipts AND have a controlled liquor license from the state. And a double super secret license to sell a six pack to go. Only so many per county, etc. It's nuts.

Yep, then the folks drive home drunk....and they wonder why in rural areas where you have to travel 10, 15, even 20 miles depending what you're looking for to get a beer or a bottle there are incredibly high rates of DUI. :cuckoo:

Although having lived in a small city surrounded on all sides by dry counties, I can say I've seen worse. That makes even less sense.

It's just a racket to make money.

Last edited:
Thanks again

it's easy to be found in nyc, too... you'd be surprised.

for example, i think neotrotsky should send me some steamed veggie dumplings from Excellent Dumpling House.

I'll be waiting. :eusa_whistle:

You mean the one between Canal and Walker ? Never heard of it

C.O.D.

or do you want me to pay ( I love Chinatown food)

Better yet, we could meet there and make it a date
:eusa_whistle:

This is a great idea, but should be a sticky, and the directions should be clear:

1. PM Radioman ATL your zipcode

Its pretty simple.

Put me in the middle of Lake Tahoe! I can see it from the roof of my house!:lol:

Forum List

Back