Map of Religions in the US

Like it or not, America is a country of opportunity and diversity. Your troubles with it are not commonly shared by other Americans. Dig it?

Psychoblues

No I don't dig it, as I believe a large percentage of Americans agree with me. So unless you can come up with evidence otherwise.....

In the meantime, we Americans on the Big Red Island are preparing to defend our new borders after y'all huddled near the shores get nuked, irradiated, jihaded, and converted, Allah be willing.

Just shows that people of like minds/ beliefs are drawn to one another. Sort of the " birds of a feather" theory.

Why do they show Christian separate from the other Christian denominations?:dunno:
I would say it's because
some people attend a non-denominational church. They believe the Bible, making them 'Christian' just not affliated with any particular following.

I would say it's because
some people attend a non-denominational church. They believe the Bible, making them 'Christian' just not affliated with any particular following.

i am not sure its representative of nondenomination groups though. look at the map it says restoration movement or something.

i am not sure its representative of nondenomination groups though. look at the map it says restoration movement or something.
My bad. So what is the "Restoration Movement"?
At the bottom of the map it said it included Disciples of Christ, Christian Churches & Church of Christ.

My bad. So what is the "Restoration Movement"?
At the bottom of the map it said it included Disciples of Christ, Christian Churches & Church of Christ.

My guess would it would be any Campbellite or Millerite derived denomination. (such as the above). since it clearly separates these movements from mormonism which is another restorationist movement.

How come Buddhists and Hindus aren't found in the map?

There are so many Hindus & Buddhists in U.S

Akshay

How come Buddhists and Hindus aren't found in the map?

There are so many Hindus & Buddhists in U.S

Akshay

I would assume they fall under, 'other'. Check US Statistics for breakdown of Hindus and Buddhists, the % is not as great as you seem to believe.

How can it be? Aren't Indians the second largest migrants after the Spanish?
And the Indians residing in States are mostly Hindu I guess
I will check the stats and post back

Akshay

That would be us! We're restoration movement Christians. All it generally means is that we want to get rid of a lot of the church traditions and practice just the basics---what is outlined in the Bible. All the church structure & practices are based on what is in the Bible. All the beliefs are simply what is in the Bible. Trying to "restore" our practice of Christianity to what it was in the first century after Jesus. :)

So Clay Taurus and Glockmail..Do YOU feel Hindusim is a pagan religion?

As for Hindus converting to Christianity..I haven't heard that much..More likely Hindus marruing Christians I guess.

I am still pissed Westerners consider Hinduisim as a pagan ritual...C'mon we ain't Africans!!

Akshay

Forum List

Back