Many Texans Bereaved Over 'Dead' Voter Purge

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
And there they go again...

Quite a few Texas voters are seeing dead people in the mirror these days when they go to brush their teeth in the morning.[...]

Like all states, Texas regularly purges its rolls of voters who've died. Normally, this is a low-key process where the state passes along to the counties a small list of dead voters as they become available. But this massive mailing two months before the election is new.

Democrats are skeptical that a person whose name is not on the roll will be allowed to vote. They say Hispanics especially are likely to be suspected as illegal immigrants trying to vote illegally.

"The secretary of state has notified 80,000 individuals that it says are deceased," Texas Democratic Party Chairman Gilberto Hinojosa says. "And so when a Hispanic is being told that he's dead, most sociologists will tell you a Hispanic is probably more prone to just accept it and walk away, say, 'Somebody made a mistake. I don't have time to bother with this.' "

Texas got the names off the Social Security Administration's death list. Social Security warned Texas that the list shouldn't be relied on, but to no avail. The state Legislature and Texas Gov. Rick Perry passed legislation last session mandating the change.

In Houston, after Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners got hundreds of calls from elderly voters who'd gotten the death notice, he looked at the Social Security list that was being used.

"And then a quick check of some of the information on that database led us to believe that there was a big probability that even a majority of the names on the list were people that were still alive," he says.​

the republican party doesnt want everyone to vote

they win more elections that way

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

goo goo

And there they go again...

Quite a few Texas voters are seeing dead people in the mirror these days when they go to brush their teeth in the morning.[...]

Like all states, Texas regularly purges its rolls of voters who've died. Normally, this is a low-key process where the state passes along to the counties a small list of dead voters as they become available. But this massive mailing two months before the election is new.

Democrats are skeptical that a person whose name is not on the roll will be allowed to vote. They say Hispanics especially are likely to be suspected as illegal immigrants trying to vote illegally.

"The secretary of state has notified 80,000 individuals that it says are deceased," Texas Democratic Party Chairman Gilberto Hinojosa says. "And so when a Hispanic is being told that he's dead, most sociologists will tell you a Hispanic is probably more prone to just accept it and walk away, say, 'Somebody made a mistake. I don't have time to bother with this.' "

Texas got the names off the Social Security Administration's death list. Social Security warned Texas that the list shouldn't be relied on, but to no avail. The state Legislature and Texas Gov. Rick Perry passed legislation last session mandating the change.

In Houston, after Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector Don Sumners got hundreds of calls from elderly voters who'd gotten the death notice, he looked at the Social Security list that was being used.

"And then a quick check of some of the information on that database led us to believe that there was a big probability that even a majority of the names on the list were people that were still alive," he says.​

Don't worry

the Left has never done well with voter fraud in Texas

No doubt, there are other states that the Left should worry
where voter fraud has helped them in the past
:eusa_angel:

I obviously don't have a problem with removing dead voters from voting rolls. I do it at least once a week...from a reliable list of voters who have died in the county. No registrar worth their salt would use a list that was known to be fraught with errors. Why would anyone support using such a list?

Yep. The GOP is now the biggest danger to democracy in the US.

Maybe the libs can vote twice to make up for the dead people who aren't voting now

, 09/10/2012

TheWashingtonPost Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations

A Maryland Democratic candidate quit her congressional race Monday after her own party told state officials that she had committed fraud by voting in both Maryland and Florida in recent elections.Wendy Rosen, a small-business owner running against freshman Rep. Andy Harris (R) in the Eastern Shore-based 1st Congressional District, released a statement saying that “with great regret, and much sorrow” she was resigning from the contest.

“Personal issues have made this the hardest decision that I have had to make,” Rosen said

Rosen’s announcement came the same day the state Democratic party released a letter to state Attorney General Douglas Gansler and state prosecutors reporting the allegations against Rosen.

“The Maryland Democratic Party has discovered that Ms. Rosen has been registered to vote in both Florida and Maryland since at least 2006; that she in fact voted in the 2006 general election both in Florida and Maryland; and that she voted in the presidential preference primaries held in both Florida and Maryland in 2008,” wrote Yvette Lewis, the state party chair. “This information is based on an examination of the voter files from both states. We believe that this is a clear violation of Maryland law and urge the appropriate office to conduct a full investigation

Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations - Maryland Politics - The Washington Post

Maybe the libs can vote twice to make up for the dead people who aren't voting now

, 09/10/2012

TheWashingtonPost Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations

A Maryland Democratic candidate quit her congressional race Monday after her own party told state officials that she had committed fraud by voting in both Maryland and Florida in recent elections.Wendy Rosen, a small-business owner running against freshman Rep. Andy Harris (R) in the Eastern Shore-based 1st Congressional District, released a statement saying that “with great regret, and much sorrow” she was resigning from the contest.

“Personal issues have made this the hardest decision that I have had to make,” Rosen said

Rosen’s announcement came the same day the state Democratic party released a letter to state Attorney General Douglas Gansler and state prosecutors reporting the allegations against Rosen.

“The Maryland Democratic Party has discovered that Ms. Rosen has been registered to vote in both Florida and Maryland since at least 2006; that she in fact voted in the 2006 general election both in Florida and Maryland; and that she voted in the presidential preference primaries held in both Florida and Maryland in 2008,” wrote Yvette Lewis, the state party chair. “This information is based on an examination of the voter files from both states. We believe that this is a clear violation of Maryland law and urge the appropriate office to conduct a full investigation

Maryland Democrat quits congressional race amid vote fraud allegations - Maryland Politics - The Washington Post

And I'm pleased he got caught. What does that have to do with intentionally using faulty lists to purge voters? Florida did it with their convicted felons list and now Texas is doing it with a faulty list of dead voters. Do you support using bad data to remove someone's right to vote?

republicans like to cheat.

they also then like to lie about it.

they aslo like to lie some more and claim others cheat too.

lets face it the right in this country is just not honest.

They feel the their ideas jsutify the means.

Its a moral crisis in the republican party.

, 09/10/2012

And I'm pleased he got caught. What does that have to do with intentionally using faulty lists to purge voters? Florida did it with their convicted felons list and now Texas is doing it with a faulty list of dead voters. Do you support using bad data to remove someone's right to vote?

she got caught.. I support people who are eligable to vote be able to vote, and people who are not supposed to vote not be able to. Do you support voter I.D laws?

she got caught.. I support people who are eligable to vote be able to vote, and people who are not supposed to vote not be able to. Do you support voter I.D laws?

I don't not support them. Yes, there is a distinction. I do support them as long as they are put in place with common sense, over-time and without disenfranchising a single eligible voter.

I am much more supportive of statewide databases, more transparency, paper trails for ALL voting machines, cameras in tally rooms and strict two person integrity rules for ballots.

I'm sure a deal can be worked out.

Texas may well soon be a blue state. Demographics.

More old fat white farts croaking every day.

Only because the GOP gave up on trying to woo Latino voters.
Do you think maybe Latino voters have more issues in mind than illegal immigration?

On edit: Considering the left believes women are nothing more than uteri, probably not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back