Many of you seem to forget one aspect of this book burning incident

obama is either going to turn the koran burners over to the taliban or court martial them for koran abuse in our own military tribunals.

Either way, this isn't going to end well for obama.

It could get interesting. The prisoners desecrated the Korans first.

By law in Afghanistan the prisoners should be put to death. What I don't get is the President making such a big hullabaloo with his apologies over the burning of the already desecrated Korans.

I thought that was the only way one could destroy a desecrated Koran.

And the press seems to be seriously ignoring the fact that the Korans were first desecrated by the prisoners by writing in the holy book.

Someone said Fox is covering it. But I'm not hearing much about this angle on my radio stations.

The SMART move would have been to hand the desecrated Korans over to the Afghan authorities with a formal complaint against the prisoners who desecrated them.

Agreed, still, water under the bridge.

Ayup.

Throughout the whole of human history, everyone has known that getting involved in the Mideast never turns out well. To hell with all of them. Start drilling here, cut off military aid of any kind to all parties involved, and let them get back to living in mud huts and killing each other.

They have more oil than we do. No matter HOW much you drill domestically, they will ALWAYS have more and be able to sell it for less. That' just the numbers.

If you want to make them IRRELEVANT...switch to solar, wind and geothermal and dump money in researching FUSION power. Staying addicted to oil isn't any sort of plan for anything other than more of the same.

Yes. and in 50 to 100 years we will not need oil at all. In the meantime....

In the mean time keep our heads in the sand and pretend the technology is ready for mass consumption.

obama is either going to turn the koran burners over to the taliban or court martial them for koran abuse in our own military tribunals.

Either way, this isn't going to end well for obama.

And if that happens the outrage will be justified. Until then however let's just assume that he is thinking about those in harms way, both willingly and those being held against their will.

Placating the enemy only makes them stronger. That's just the way it works. You don't win by consistently caving.

Obama can't show strength. It's not in him. He can't even face down the gop on most issues. Having said that, every issue can't be solved at the end of a sword.

I kinda feel sorry for you Gramps. You say some things that are very sensible and logical and you seem to have a very real sense of fairness.

Must make it very hard to blindly hate President Obama and damn near impossible to for you vote R.

The only reason you're saying that is because on this issue you agree. It is telling however that you STILL found a way to make it appear partisan.

Actually, you're a lot like Ron Paul in that you can say something fairly sensible but then, in the next sentence, go wandering off into the wilderness.

This is why working with the left is so damn difficult and nearly a futile effort. My OP did NOTHING but give Obama credit and you still can't just let it go at that.

WHY?!

What is your malfunction. This thread has nothing to do with Ron Paul or your perceptions of him or me. Yet you just have to make it personal because you can't find fault in my position.

I won't type what I'm thinking about you but I think you know what it is.

Forum List

Back