Many Lining up Early for the Inauguration

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
sheeple.jpg

apparently, lotsa sheep got sumpin' else better to do that day...

Obama's Second Inauguration Attendance to be Much Lower than First | EURweb

I was never into that pick your nose and eat your bogey thing. I want the cheese. I'm hungry.

I was never into that jerkwad asshole taking cheap shots at my avie thing... I want boudin... I'm hungry too...

Only Gubmint cheese can fill a lefties' belly and I want one of those big blocks I saw on TV. I'm hungry!

Pastor Withdraws From Obama Inauguration After Anti-Gay Sermon...
:eusa_eh:
Louie Giglio pulls out of inauguration over anti-gay comments
January 10, 2013 - An evangelical pastor from Atlanta announced Thursday that he would not give the benediction at President Obama’s swearing-in ceremony after a sermon he gave on homosexuality in the mid-1990s resurfaced earlier this week.
In that sermon, the Rev. Louie Giglio called for Christians to “firmly respond to the aggressive agenda” of some in the gay community and warns that widespread gay marriage ”would run the risk of absolutely undermining the whole order of our society.” In a statement, Giglio said that his participation “will be dwarfed by those seeking to make their agenda the focal point of the inauguration.”

Giglio pastors the Passion City Church in Atlanta, where many of his sermons present a traditional view of gender roles and marriage. On Faith has more on Giglio and the sermon, including excerpts of the most inflammatory passages. The pastor was selected for the benediction because of the work he has done to raise awareness of human trafficking, the Presidential Inaugural Committee said. His church recently raised $3.3 million to combat human trafficking worldwide. A PIC spokeswoman told reporters that members were not aware of Giglio’s past statements on homosexuality when they selected him.

In his statement Giglio says that the issue is not one of his priorities: Due to a message of mine that has surfaced from 15-20 years ago, it is likely that my participation, and the prayer I would offer, will be dwarfed by those seeking to make their agenda the focal point of the inauguration. Clearly, speaking on this issue has not been in the range of my priorities in the past fifteen years. Instead, my aim has been to call people to ultimate significance as we make much of Jesus Christ. Neither I, nor our team, feel it best serves the core message and goals we are seeking to accomplish to be in a fight on an issue not of our choosing, thus I respectfully withdraw my acceptance of the President’s invitation…

The Presidential Inaugural Committee announced earlier this week that Giglio was selected, along with Myrlie Evers-Williams, to pray at the inauguration. “As we now work to select someone to deliver the benediction, we will ensure their beliefs reflect this administration’s vision of inclusion and acceptance for all Americans,” the PIC said.

Source

See also:

Obama Will Take Oath Two Times With Three Bibles
January 10, 2013 - Not one, but three Bibles for President Obama's inaugural oath-taking.
On Sunday, January 20, President Obama officially will be sworn into his second term, taking the oath of office with his hand on a Bible belonging to his wife's family. The next day, when he takes the oath a second time as part of public inaugural ceremonies at the U.S. Capitol, Obama will place his hand on two Bibles, one stacked on the other. One of the Bibles, which belonged to President Lincoln, Obama used in 2009. The other belonged to the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Obama is being sworn in on the federal holiday devoted to King. “President Obama is honored to use these Bibles at the swearing-in ceremonies,” said Steve Kerrigan, president and CEO of the Presidential Inaugural Committee. “On the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington and 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, this historic moment is a reflection of the extraordinary progress we’ve made as a nation.” There is no constitutional requirement for using a Bible during a swearing-in, but presidents traditionally have done so, choosing a book with personal or historical significance.

The Robinson family Bible was a gift from the first lady’s father, Fraser Robinson III, to his mother, LaVaughn Delores Robinson on Mother’s Day in 1958. Mrs. Robinson was the first African-American woman manager of a Moody Bible Institute’s bookstore and she used the Bible regularly. The Lincoln Bible is part of the collections of the Library of Congress and was originally purchased by William Thomas Carroll, Clerk of the Supreme Court, for use during Lincoln’s swearing-in ceremony on March 4, 1861. The Bible itself is bound in burgundy velvet with a gold-washed white metal rim around the three outside edges of both covers, and all of its edges are heavily gilded.

The King Bible was Dr. King’s “traveling Bible,” used for inspiration and preparing sermons and speeches. “We know our father would be deeply moved to see President Obama take the Oath of Office using his bible,” the Presidential Inaugural Committee quoted Dr. King’s children as saying. “His ‘traveling Bible’ inspired him as he fought for freedom, justice and equality, and we hope it can be a source of strength for the President as he begins his second term." On Sunday and Monday, Vice President Biden will be sworn in using the Biden Family Bible, which is five inches thick, has a Celtic cross on the cover and has been in the Biden family since 1893. He used it every time he was sworn in as a senator and when he was sworn in as vice president in 2009.

Obama Will Take Oath Two Times With Three Bibles | CNS News

I wonder how many will be slain in the spirit of Obama this time.

My buddy sent this same photo to me in the e-mail a couple days ago. Pretty funny, I thought. As for the real thing, I wouldn't walk across the street to see Owe Bama.

Forum List

Back