Many liberals on this board knew in 2008 that Obama was a dishonest dweeb

I'm having great fun reading old threads and seeing how low the opinions were of Obama from some of the liberals on this board.

We on the right don't have a perfect candidate running now, but we have some able and knowledgeable ones. I expect that we will rally around our eventual nominee the same way many of you swallowed your misgivings about Obama and rallied around him.

And I think we can win.

Yes, so different from "Honest George", the guy he replaced... or Newt or Mitt... Maybe you like Michele (Concord is in NH) Bachmann?

Last edited:
I'm having great fun reading old threads and seeing how low the opinions were of Obama from some of the liberals on this board.

We on the right don't have a perfect candidate running now, but we have some able and knowledgeable ones. I expect that we will rally around our eventual nominee the same way many of you swallowed your misgivings about Obama and rallied around him.

And I think we can win.

Can you cite some of this evidence that shows how Obama wasn't supported/liked by the left back in '08?

I believe that Obama had "the wind at his sails" from almost his decision to run for Office. Many people were just waiting for a valid excuse TO vote for him not against him. And he delivered.

Anyway, cite some of the evidence that supports that the Democrats didn't like him and/or felt he was dishonest.

I already bumped one of the threads where he was called dishonest. No one replied to my bump! :lol: Here's that one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54330-calling-all-obama-fans.html

I also enjoyed this one where he was called wussy. ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54297-who-should-be-obamas-running-mate.html

Maybe the wussy charge would be taken back since he killed Osama and all, but now even more dishonesty is on the record than was then.
I scanned both of those threads and I don't see any Obama bashing. Yes, there were supporters of Hillary, however, that's supposed to be the case, some ppl preferred Hillary over Obama.

Personally I always supported Obama, although in the beginning I was behind Hillary because I didn't think a black man could win, but the instant I realized he had a winning chance I was full-on behind him.

BTW, the first post in this thread, http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54330-calling-all-obama-fans.html#post692986, pretty much sums up the Democratic position.

Can you cite some of this evidence that shows how Obama wasn't supported/liked by the left back in '08?

I believe that Obama had "the wind at his sails" from almost his decision to run for Office. Many people were just waiting for a valid excuse TO vote for him not against him. And he delivered.

Anyway, cite some of the evidence that supports that the Democrats didn't like him and/or felt he was dishonest.

I already bumped one of the threads where he was called dishonest. No one replied to my bump! :lol: Here's that one.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54330-calling-all-obama-fans.html

I also enjoyed this one where he was called wussy. ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54297-who-should-be-obamas-running-mate.html

Maybe the wussy charge would be taken back since he killed Osama and all, but now even more dishonesty is on the record than was then.
I scanned both of those threads and I don't see any Obama bashing. Yes, there were supporters of Hillary, however, that's supposed to be the case, some ppl preferred Hillary over Obama.

Personally I always supported Obama, although in the beginning I was behind Hillary because I didn't think a black man could win, but the instant I realized he had a winning chance I was full-on behind him.

BTW, the first post in this thread, http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/54330-calling-all-obama-fans.html#post692986, pretty much sums up the Democratic position.

Not sure what it takes to qualify as bashing, but he was definitely called dishonest, which is the theme of this thread.

For a few reasons. I've come to see him as intellectually dishonest. And polarizing, as jsanders pointed out above. I'm also having a difficult time with the concept of letting every vote count unless it counts against Obama. I'd like to think I'd feel the same way if the situation was reversed.

Didn't you say that you're one of the hannity board refugees Amelia? If so, that would explain A LOT.

Yes, that would explain a lot.

That reminds me...did I tell you guys how I got banned from that God-forsaken site in less than 24 hours? I got banned within a few hours of my first post.

I asked a simple question, that clearly challenged their hard-coded talking points and they must have deemed me a problem and POOF!!...I was gone.

That was a new record. So yes, I'm familiar with the rabid RW insanity of Hannity's site...ghedditt?!?!? :D

Last edited:
Not sure what it takes to qualify as bashing, but he was definitely called dishonest, which is the theme of this thread.

For a few reasons. I've come to see him as intellectually dishonest. And polarizing, as jsanders pointed out above. I'm also having a difficult time with the concept of letting every vote count unless it counts against Obama. I'd like to think I'd feel the same way if the situation was reversed.
I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. Ravi's just one poster.The fact is the support overwhelmed the the lack of support, just as it does today.

In any event, it goes to show that we on the left are not in-one-lock-step, like the GOPstappo.

Didn't you say that you're one of the hannity board refugees Amelia? If so, that would explain A LOT.

That reminds me...did I tell you guys how I got banned from that God-forsaken site in less than 24 hours? I got banned within a few hours of my first post.

I asked a simple question, that clearly challenged their hard-coded talking points and they must have deemed me a problem and POOF!!...I was gone.

That was a record. So yes, I'm familiar with the rabid RW insanity of Hannity's site...ghetdditt?!?!? :D

I was banned because I didn't take kindly to a moderator harassing me about my religion. He couldn't defend himself against the harassment charge, but he could send me a PM with a made-up rule which I never got to read. I gather he sent it to me moments before he gave me a 30-day TO. I didn't get to read it because I couldn't log in to read PM's due to the TO. The PM I never got to see apparently said that if I appealed the 30 TO, I would be permabanned. I appealed. He permabanned me. The Hannity rules say people who are banned have a right to appeal. I waited the 30 days of the original TO then posted a new appeal using a temp ID as is the procedure. My appeal was deleted.

And then someone who asked about the deletion was banned also for asking.

the communist ,cowardly, lazy left does not care about honest debate !!! nor do they care if Obama is a liar !! as long as they get free stuff they are happy !!

wow... what free stuff did I get? I must have missed the memo.

Don't you have a cross to burn somewhere?

How much taxes did you pay last year? Did you get money back? More than you paid in?

"Free stuff." Just one example, moron.

298687_128355613933372_100002768017097_108974_1672383772_n.jpg

Your picture is SOOOOO funny! :lol::lol::lol: (but not for the reason you think, I wager)

He was liked by libs when I came in September of 2008, have no clue how they felt before that, nor do I care.

They also knew McCain was a ‘dishonest dweeb’ as well, if not more so.

This is the idiocy of the right with regard to the 2008 election: they act as if Obama were running against Eisenhower or Truman – he wasn’t, it was the duplicitous, flip-flopping McCain.

They selected the lesser of two evils, as millions of voters are forced to do every four years, as you and your ilk will vote for Romney/Gingrich next year.

And I think we can win.

Obama is definitely more honest than he is dishonest.

You can rally around Newt all you want, he isn't going to beat Obama. Will Mitt? It's possible, but the man is so milquetoast and inconsistent that I doubt it.

Many Democrats hate Newt

Many Republicans hate Mitt

They also knew McCain was a ‘dishonest dweeb’ as well, if not more so.

This is the idiocy of the right with regard to the 2008 election: they act as if Obama were running against Eisenhower or Truman – he wasn’t, it was the duplicitous, flip-flopping McCain.

They selected the lesser of two evils, as millions of voters are forced to do every four years, as you and your ilk will vote for Romney/Gingrich next year.

I don't know any righties who even liked McCain. He was the candidate selected by the New York Times.

And I think we can win.

gee maybe you could link us to some of the posts instead of having to just believe you about they they say?

No that would be honest and you dont much care for honest do you?

Oh, no! Amanda has discovered my dirty little "secret": I have always been less than impressed with Obama.

Whatever shall I do???

I think what always bothered me the most about Obama is that he lacked ethics.

His initial reaction to the Reverand Wright thing offended me greatly. His first reaction was not to denounce Wright's anti-American slurs, but to try to rationalize them by saying his Grandmother made racist comments, too.

This is the woman who raised him because his no-account parents just couldn't be bothered. Dad had abandoned the family and Mom was off in Indonesia doing a thesis on metal working- or something. But granny said she was scared by an angry stewbum once and wanted her no-account husband to drive her to work. (Obama's real problem- no positive male role models in his life.)

Why, that's just as bad as Reverand Wright screaming "G-D America" the government created AIDS.

But Democrats loved that hopey changing thing... so they let this slide.

I don't know any righties who even liked McCain. He was the candidate selected by the New York Times.

Seems like the 46.5% of Republican primary voters nationwide who chose him had something to do with it. Or maybe they were all holding out for the runner-up (with 22.1% of the vote in the Republican primaries), archconservative Mitt Romney.

Maybe 70% of Republican voters aren't conservatives. Center-left nation?

That was a record. So yes, I'm familiar with the rabid RW insanity of Hannity's site...ghetdditt?!?!? :D

You must have met Lee. :lol::lol::lol: Their loss, our gain. Indeed.

Forum List

Back