Many Iraqis Are Getting IT

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
It's going to be very interesting to see Iraq in 10 years or so. I doubt that it will be 'Westernized' but it is going to be a place where people can get ahead, IF they continue like this blogger. None of this is easy, as the Iraqis have so many areas where they have to 'step up' and take control, be it policing, military, and economically. However there are plenty of signs that they are doing just that. There are some links at site:

http://iraqrising.blogspot.com/2005/06/ukrainian-iraqi-development.html

Ukrainian - Iraqi Development Association.

Firstly, I’m sorry about the long absence. I’ve been kinda bizzy lately with work and family matters and I haven’t had the time to either Blog or follow any of my fellow Iraqi Bloggers this past two weeks

Going through the Bloggs today I noticed Fayrouz's latest wonderful and lively post about the whining Iraqi mentality. You should all go check it out and leave a comment.
She poses the suggestion to all us Iraqis who continue to whine and complain about the current situation to get off our fat Iraqi butts and do something positive about it. I for one completely agree with her and think that it’s our duty (especially for us Iraqis living abroad) to try to do all that we can to move positively in the right direction.

I know that most of my latest posts have been kind of depressing and negative, but that’s only bourn out of frustration for myself and my relatives and colleagues in Baghdad.

For example:
For the past 6-month, I and some engineer friends of mine have been feverishly trying to establish a Ukrainian-Iraqi Development Association (UIDA). The aim of which is to facilitate and improve contacts between Iraqi businesses and East European companies that might be interested in investing and partnering with Iraqi companies. We have managed so far to sign up to 30 Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, Lithuanian, and Finish companies visa-vie only 8 Iraqi based companies. One of the most difficult stumbling blocks is actually getting hold of other NGOs or Iraqi based Trade Associations that are willing to lend their support and partner with the UIDA. It is very frustrating doing business in Iraq right now, because of the security situation. I’m always reticent about asking friends or colleagues in Iraq to risk their lives just so to have a meeting with this person on that. Besides its almost impossible to get hold of the right people without having the right contacts in the government or the major American or British operating companies. I have tried contacting the Iraqi-American chamber of commerce without any luck. I have also tried contacting the British-Arab chamber of commerce who were helpful but were unable to assist any further.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions regarding how to move forward with this problem, than please email me. I am willing to entertain any suggestions.

Akba
[email protected]

New Topics

Forum List

Back