Many foods you enjoy are going to be outlawed soon.

Oh...so now it comes out that they have been tested...what else is Gregg posting BS about?

and you are mistaken...attaching those labels do not construe a damn thing to me...research and professional opinions from my doctor allow me to make educated decisions on usage of herbal and nutritional supplements. I don't need the government to tell me what to take and not take.

Out of curiousity - do you know the history of the FDA? What the food and drug industries were like before regulation? Medicines contained things like arsenic. I think that is what this is about. If someone is marketing something dangerous with out exposing the risks - that is wrong. Labels should tell you what is in a product so you can make a more informed decision. Research produces much conflicting information - how do you know what to trust?

We have an FDA in place...why do wqe need more government intrusion into what we eat? They DO mandate by law that ingredients are listed...what are you talking about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but - I do not think these supplements are regulated in the same manner as food and pharmaceuticals. That is why there are problems. Do herbal supplements have to list all their ingredients? One of the problems I hear is that purity and dosage can very widely between manufacturers. Shouldn't that be addressed?

Oh...so if it's conflicting...just ban it? What kind of reasoning is this?

I'm not sure unless there is sufficient evidence that it is causing enough health problems or leading to fatalities as published in the NEJM, in which case banning would be the solution until it can be adquately dosed and safety levels worked out, wouldn't you think

Out of curiousity - do you know the history of the FDA? What the food and drug industries were like before regulation? Medicines contained things like arsenic. I think that is what this is about. If someone is marketing something dangerous with out exposing the risks - that is wrong. Labels should tell you what is in a product so you can make a more informed decision. Research produces much conflicting information - how do you know what to trust?

We have an FDA in place...why do wqe need more government intrusion into what we eat? They DO mandate by law that ingredients are listed...what are you talking about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but - I do not think these supplements are regulated in the same manner as food and pharmaceuticals. That is why there are problems. Do herbal supplements have to list all their ingredients? One of the problems I hear is that purity and dosage can very widely between manufacturers. Shouldn't that be addressed?

I'm not sure unless there is sufficient evidence that it is causing enough health problems or leading to fatalities as published in the NEJM, in which case banning would be the solution until it can be adquately dosed and safety levels worked out, wouldn't you think

If you are under the impression there are no regulation of herbal supplements or purity standards or information readily available to the consumer....you are mistaken.

Dietary Supplements : Food and Nutrition Information Center

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/pubs/bibs/gen/dietarysupplementsprofessionals.pdf

Oh...so now it comes out that they have been tested...what else is Gregg posting BS about?

and you are mistaken...attaching those labels do not construe a damn thing to me...research and professional opinions from my doctor allow me to make educated decisions on usage of herbal and nutritional supplements. I don't need the government to tell me what to take and not take.

We have an FDA in place...why do we need more government intrusion into what we eat? They DO mandate by law that ingredients are listed...what are you talking about?

I know you are a moron troll who can't fathom a world outside your tiny little worldview, but this is not about FOOD you liar, but herbal supplements.

We have an FDA in place...why do we need more government intrusion into what we eat? They DO mandate by law that ingredients are listed...what are you talking about?

I know you are a moron troll who can't fathom a world outside your tiny little worldview, but this is not about FOOD you liar, but herbal supplements.

and apparently in your infantile brain your too stupid to see that COYOTE brought up the FDA....

Forum List

Back