Many foods you enjoy are going to be outlawed soon.

The scary part is how many Americans believe the disinformation about the bill.
Many Americans will believe the rank hearsay e-mail chain letters they get passed on from a friend or relative of theirs. They are too stupid to read the bill itself.
Everyone with a brain that has read the bill knows this is good legislation.
I pity the rest of you.

Most people, including members of Congress and the President, are still trying to get through all of the health care bill.

Cause using intelligence to evaluate what we take into our body on our own is scaring ourselves.

No, because we need the government to tell us exactly what we can and cant do because we can't figure it out otherwise. You guys are trying to scare people and you are complaining about us. That's so freakin messed up.

how are they supposed to know when what's in the herbal supplement does not even have to be on the label, and is never tested and shown to even work or be safe

There you go again...relying on the government to take care of your every need....you must be a phony doctor...there's no way an educational institution in the USA could graduate such a dumb fucker as you.

Name one herbal supplement that is on the market, not on any product label, that was never tested, that doesn't work and that isn't safe!

Like I said...not only does Dr. Dumbass have no argument, he didn't read the bill.

IT'S THE EVIL HERBAL CORPORATIONS AND THE PLANT MONTERS OUT TO GET US AGAIN...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Per your bold section above: Kava; Spirulina Blue-Green Algae; Yerba Mate; Ephedra; Black Cohosh; Balck Root; Nutmeg; Comfrey and many others that I didn't list.

That's fine...but it only works if you know what it is you are putting in your body.

I'm sorry, i know this is going to be sound rude, but I just can't comprehend what is so damn difficult about reading anything I've written.

Do you have eyes? Do you have ears? Do you have a brain? Can you see, hear, and think?

What is so difficult about using the senses you have been given and doing research before ingesting it into your body? Why on earth do you need the government to tell you?

People have been doing this for thousands of years without the government regulating any of it. Why on earth should we abdicate our responsibility to take care of ourselves to the government? It makes little to no sense.

No he didn't, because there is nothing to research if they don't have to test and disclose things.

And yeah, smart people will avoid the pseudoscientific claims of herbal products, but guess what, not everybody is that smart. People are easily duped by claims and wishful thinking

So how on earth did people learn about these herbal supplements in the past if the government hasnt regulated it and there is no research on it? This has got to be one of the dumbest argument's I've ever seen. And I've read alot of Truthmatters, Chris, and rdean's posts.

If you can't find research on a product, why on earth would you put it in your body? Can you name a single herbal supplement that you cant find countless web pages on?

You must be seriously easy to dupe if you can't figure things out without the government.

That's fine...but it only works if you know what it is you are putting in your body.

I'm sorry, i know this is going to be sound rude, but I just can't comprehend what is so damn difficult about reading anything I've written.

Do you have eyes? Do you have ears? Do you have a brain? Can you see, hear, and think?

What is so difficult about using the senses you have been given and doing research before ingesting it into your body? Why on earth do you need the government to tell you?

People have been doing this for thousands of years without the government regulating any of it. Why on earth should we abdicate our responsibility to take care of ourselves to the government? It makes little to no sense.

Do you have any inkling about the history of food and drug safety (and herbal supplements fall within those categories) in the U.S.? Do you have a clue what it was like before there was any kind of regulation? That is what this is about.

One stellar modern example - Fen-phen. It doesn't matter how much research you do when the purveyor lies about the product or withholds information.

The most shining example is ephedra, which I already mentioned. herbal product that lead to many deaths, since they never had to test them. And like I said over and over, which you ignore, is that many of these products don't have to disclose what's in them. they don't have strict manufacturing guidelines so each batch could be different. They don't have to prove they even work. Dont' have to disclose what's actually in them.

Funny, you claim others don't read what you type, yet you ignore these blatant issues that I have brought up, all while arguing nonsense and irrelevant stuff, like the big bad government.

why ignore that? Oh, that might inconvenience your views.

It's funny how instead of focusing on the issue, in which I provided logic and reasoning to support my position, the hacks of the board just focus on their political ideology of "government bad". REally displays your level of intellect.

So the issue isn't government regulation on another area of our life? What thread are you reading exactly?

As for logic and reasoning, I don't think those things mean what you seem to think they mean. There is nothing logical about your assertions that without government regulation people wont know what in a product without the government telling them. In fact, I've mentioned multiple times the flaws with your assertion. Simply reasserting doesnt make it logical or well reasoned.

How are books going to give information about an herb if its never been tested, and many of them don't even have to disclose their contents. But I know, just another political hack that can't put forth a well reasoned argument so just bullshit and dance around the issue.

Because people have used them. They've experience with them. There are experts in the herbs. Information is available all over the place on almost every topic known to man. After all herbs have been around since before man. This is precisely what I mean about your lack of any sort of actual reasoning.

No required testing, there isn't going to be much information about it.

Name any herb on the market. I am confident I can find plenty of information on it.

There you go again...relying on the government to take care of your every need....you must be a phony doctor...there's no way an educational institution in the USA could graduate such a dumb fucker as you.

Name one herbal supplement that is on the market, not on any product label, that was never tested, that doesn't work and that isn't safe!

Like I said...not only does Dr. Dumbass have no argument, he didn't read the bill.

IT'S THE EVIL HERBAL CORPORATIONS AND THE PLANT MONTERS OUT TO GET US AGAIN...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Examples of those that do not do what they claim:
Bee Pollen
Pyruvate
Colloidal Minerals

Those that were not safe:
Tryptophan
GHB

Those that were never tested - too many to count, the law at this point, does not require that they be tested.

Do you need more examples?

Last edited:

Bee Pollen
Pyruvate
Colloidal Minerals

Tryptophan
GHB

Those that were never tested - too many to count, the law at this point, does not require that they be tested.

No, will just continue to make up bullshit responses in order to keep the trolling going

how are they supposed to know when what's in the herbal supplement does not even have to be on the label, and is never tested and shown to even work or be safe

there you go again being a dumbfuck partisan hack troll that can't put forth a rational argument other than the typical bullshit fantasy land view of the world

I asked you a fucking question shit bag...answer it or shuit your piehole.

Bee Pollen
Pyruvate
Colloidal Minerals

Tryptophan
GHB

No, will just continue to make up bullshit responses in order to keep the trolling going

All lies...

Just because you tried these supplements and they didn't reduce the size of your fat fucking ass or make you look like Brad Pitt...don't say they are worthless without providing facts...as you NEVER seem to do with anything you post.

Last edited:
Bee Pollen
Pyruvate
Colloidal Minerals

Tryptophan
GHB

Dr. Gregg, I could be wrong, but I think the point PP is making relates to how several of us view you on other threads occasionally.

The most shining example is ephedra, which I already mentioned. herbal product that lead to many deaths, since they never had to test them. And like I said over and over, which you ignore, is that many of these products don't have to disclose what's in them. they don't have strict manufacturing guidelines so each batch could be different. They don't have to prove they even work. Dont' have to disclose what's actually in them.

Funny, you claim others don't read what you type, yet you ignore these blatant issues that I have brought up, all while arguing nonsense and irrelevant stuff, like the big bad government.

Here's the complete idiocy of your argument....ephedra has been used medicinally for nearly 5000 years yet you claim there is no history of use...after 5000 years of usage in herbal medicine...now you wonder why some think you're a dope....along with people who agree with your views? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Last edited:
All lies...

Just because you tried these supplements and they didn't reduce the size of your fat fucking ass or make you look like Brad Pitt...don't say they are worthless without providing facts...as you NEVER seem to do with anything you post.

Did you look at the links?

Did you? Ephedra has been in use for 5000 fricken years...and now all of a sudden according to Dr Gregg it's never been tested, it's dangerous, it's never listed on the ingredient list of a product? Gimme a break already.

Here's the complete idiocy of your argument....ephedra has been used medicinally for nearly 5000 years yet you claim there is no history of use...after 5000 years of usage in herbal medicine...now you wonder why some think you're a dope....along with peoiple who agree with your views? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I think Gregg has a point. The NEJM published an article on adverse reactions due to ephedra: Adverse cardiovascular and central nervous system ... [N Engl J Med. 2000] - PubMed result

The problem with a lot of these "supplements" is that they are almost completely unregulated in terms of dosage and purity, they do not have to subject themselves to the kind of testing pharmaceuticals do, and when you attach the words "herbal", "natural", and "supplement" to a product - it sounds safe and inoccuous.

Here's the complete idiocy of your argument....ephedra has been used medicinally for nearly 5000 years yet you claim there is no history of use...after 5000 years of usage in herbal medicine...now you wonder why some think you're a dope....along with peoiple who agree with your views? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I think Gregg has a point. The NEJM published an article on adverse reactions due to ephedra: Adverse cardiovascular and central nervous system ... [N Engl J Med. 2000] - PubMed result

The problem with a lot of these "supplements" is that they are almost completely unregulated in terms of dosage and purity, they do not have to subject themselves to the kind of testing pharmaceuticals do, and when you attach the words "herbal", "natural", and "supplement" to a product - it sounds safe and inoccuous.

Oh...so now it comes out that they have been tested...what else is Gregg posting BS about?

and you are mistaken...attaching those labels do not construe a damn thing to me...research and professional opinions from my doctor allow me to make educated decisions on usage of herbal and nutritional supplements. I don't need the government to tell me what to take and not take.

Oh...so now it comes out that they have been tested...what else is Gregg posting BS about?

and you are mistaken...attaching those labels do not construe a damn thing to me...research and professional opinions from my doctor allow me to make educated decisions on usage of herbal and nutritional supplements. I don't need the government to tell me what to take and not take.

Out of curiousity - do you know the history of the FDA? What the food and drug industries were like before regulation? Medicines contained things like arsenic. I think that is what this is about. If someone is marketing something dangerous with out exposing the risks - that is wrong. Labels should tell you what is in a product so you can make a more informed decision. Research produces much conflicting information - how do you know what to trust?

Out of curiousity - do you know the history of the FDA? What the food and drug industries were like before regulation? Medicines contained things like arsenic. I think that is what this is about. If someone is marketing something dangerous with out exposing the risks - that is wrong. Labels should tell you what is in a product so you can make a more informed decision. Research produces much conflicting information - how do you know what to trust?

We have an FDA in place...why do we need more government intrusion into what we eat? They DO mandate by law that ingredients are listed...what are you talking about?

Oh...so if it's conflicting...just ban it? What kind of reasoning is this?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back