Many foods you enjoy are going to be outlawed soon.

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
What the hell are John McCain and Brian Dorgan thinking?

S.3002 The Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010.

This bill making it's way through the Senate will effectively eliminate nearly all nutritional supplements that many Americans rely on for their health. The Bill restricts products that make people healthier and will cause many foods to see a significant increase in price as new government regulations are put in place. None of the regulations are geared towards the safety of the consumers of these products.

It's the first step towards the government telling you what you can and cannot eat....

GATTICA

Your post doesn't match up with the actual bill. CUrrently all those herbal supplements never have to prove that they actually work, its pseudoscience. THey dont' even have to show its safe to consume or reacts with other medications or herbs.

Pharmaceuticals have to have some level of testing to show that the drug can actually improve the disorder over the placebo effect. Herbal supplements do not, nor do they even are known to work. So since those herbal supplements have never been proven to actually improve anybody's health other than placebo effect, I doubt people's health are at risk. THey have just been duped by invalidated claims for years. They don't even have to tell other's what's in them. So i think this is a good thing. How many people died or had health issues from ephedra and other supplements?

The difference between Juan McLouse's big government in charge of everything "conservatism" and Obama's big government in charge of everything liberalism was exactly nil.

The sooner he is retired the better.

it's a lie, "herbal supplements" are not foods, although they are unregulated like foods.

So if I tale an Omega 3 capsule containing flax seed oil and fish oil, I have not consumed a food, but organic compounds that contribute nothing, are not absorbed?

This is all being done to harmonize our laws with Codex Alimentarius Part of FAO and WHO food, drug, chemical and veterinary standards activities. Just like we did with universal health care.

Our accounting system is switching from GAAP to IFRF, we are coming under the control of the UN, WTO, IMF - WORLD BANK & coming soon a new world currency & loss of property rights, voting rights, guns, & liberties.

Doesn't everyone want one world utopia? Doesn't everyone want one world order where everyone except the chosen ones follow the same rules?

Last edited:
So if I tale an Omega 3 capsule containing flax seed oil and fish oil, I have not consumed a food, but organic compounds that contribute nothing, are not absorbed?

I'm not sure that these regulations are for vitamins and known beneficial supplements, but herbal blends. We know Omega 3 flax seed oil has benefits, many of the "herbal supplements" are never tested to prove they do what they claim

Your post doesn't match up with the actual bill. CUrrently all those herbal supplements never have to prove that they actually work, its pseudoscience. THey dont' even have to show its safe to consume or reacts with other medications or herbs.

Pharmaceuticals have to have some level of testing to show that the drug can actually improve the disorder over the placebo effect. Herbal supplements do not, nor do they even are known to work. So since those herbal supplements have never been proven to actually improve anybody's health other than placebo effect, I doubt people's health are at risk. THey have just been duped by invalidated claims for years. They don't even have to tell other's what's in them. So i think this is a good thing. How many people died or had health issues from ephedra and other supplements?

Of course YOU think it's a good idea. I've not seen any idea involving greater government involvement in something that YOU didn't think was a good idea. The march towards the nanny state continues.

Of course YOU think it's a good idea. I've not seen any idea involving greater government involvement in something that YOU didn't think was a good idea. The march towards the nanny state continues.

Yeah, go die from your poison herbal supplements, sounds wonderful. Damn the gov't for setting regulations so the corporations don't fuck us. Don't believe they do, go look at history. Look what it was like prior to even having an FDA. Life isn't a fairy tale.

other than the typical whining about big gov't, do you have any arguments as to why this is a bad idea, regulating potential poisons and preventing people from being defrauded out of their money believing claims that are not proven?

Yeah, go die from your poison herbal supplements, sounds wonderful. Damn the gov't for setting regulations so the corporations don't fuck us. Don't believe they do, go look at history. Look what it was like prior to even having an FDA. Life isn't a fairy tale.

other than the typical whining about big gov't, do you have any arguments as to why this is a bad idea, regulating potential poisons and preventing people from being defrauded out of their money believing claims that are not proven?

How do you know the corporations won't fuck us with Codex. The corporations control it like they control the government who doesn't listen to voters. US citizens will have even less of a voice with the WHO.

This bill making it's way through the Senate will effectively eliminate nearly all nutritional supplements that many Americans rely on for their health. The Bill restricts products that make people healthier and will cause many foods to see a significant increase in price as new government regulations are put in place. None of the regulations are geared towards the safety of the consumers of these products.

It's the first step towards the government telling you what you can and cannot eat....

GATTICA

Looks like we are back on your "slippery slope" Patek

just wait for foods that you like, that the government says are bad for you. will be put on the bad food list and a special user tax will then be added to these food to promote a more healthy eating program for all citizen to minimise healthcare costs. this is what you morons wanted when you voted fior this guy!!! you wanted change and this is what you get!!!!

GATTICA

Cons love scaring themselves.

Please dont pretend we are all stupid and accept your premise that the only two options are government regulation or death. Herbs have existed since before the beginning of mankind without government regulation. People have managed to survive without the government.

Just because you're willing to put anything in your system without knowing anything about it doesn't mean everyone else is.

GATTICA

Cause using intelligence to evaluate what we take into our body on our own is scaring ourselves.

No, because we need the government to tell us exactly what we can and cant do because we can't figure it out otherwise. You guys are trying to scare people and you are complaining about us. That's so freakin messed up.

Cause using intelligence to evaluate what we take into our body on our own is scaring ourselves.

No, because we need the government to tell us exactly what we can and cant do because we can't figure it out otherwise. You guys are trying to scare people and you are complaining about us. That's so freakin messed up.

I just love it when the usmb progressive douchebags chime in...Dr. Gregg: "IT'S THE EVIL CORPORATIONS TRYING TO FUCK US ALL!!!!!! Political Junky: Duh...I'm too fuckin' stupid to make decisions for myself...duh...."

I laugh at their perpetual stupidity and I shed a tear knowing they are polluting the gene pool with utter stupidity.

I just love it when the usmb progressive douchebags chime in...Dr. Gregg: "IT'S THE EVIL CORPORATIONS TRYING TO FUCK US ALL!!!!!! Political Junky: Duh...I'm too fuckin' stupid to make decisions for myself...duh...."

I laugh at their perpetual stupidity and I shed a tear knowing they are polluting the gene pool with utter stupidity.

yes, as you show you have no point to argue here, and your title was a lie.

how are they supposed to know when what's in the herbal supplement does not even have to be on the label, and is never tested and shown to even work or be safe

how are they supposed to know when what's in the herbal supplement does not even have to be on the label, and is never tested and shown to even work or be safe

I don't know. Maybe they could pick up some paper in some kind of binding. I think think it's called a book. And then using this book they could do something callled; reading. Or maybe they could plug in something called a computer and search this new invention by former Vice President Al Gore called the Internet. I hear it's really handy in getting information. Or maybe they can make contact with an herbal expert and listen to their advice on such topics. You know, educate yourself.

Are you honestly telling me you've never heard of doing research before you put something in your body? Are you serious? Are you telling me that you honestly believe that a corporation you think is evil enough to provide food/supplements that will harm people are going to be honest on the label just because the government says so? You honestly think these guys haven't already considered the fact that if someone dies from their product they are going to have lawyers up their ass for the rest of their life?

Seriously, where do you get this blind loyalty to politicians and bueracrats? It makes no sense. Why do you want to keep giving government more of your power instead of actually being vigilant and educating yourself???

Forum List

Back