Many Filers Confused by Stimulus Tax Credit

Obama a Democrats are really in trouble... They may as well go ahead and pass as many far left wing items as possible before November... This will be the last time they will be in power for awhile... as long as Republicans actually practice what they preach when they take over in November.

filers-confused-by-stimulus-credit: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

You DO recall how the "conservatives" grew our Federal government the last time they were in power, right??:lol:

Obama a Democrats are really in trouble... They may as well go ahead and pass as many far left wing items as possible before November... This will be the last time they will be in power for awhile... as long as Republicans actually practice what they preach when they take over in November.

You DO recall how the "conservatives" grew our Federal government the last time they were in power, right??:lol:

That's why I said what I said....

That's why I said what I said....

Fair enough. But, based on recent history, and the fact that most of the core GOP members of Congress are still in place, hoping they will practice what they preach, seem like just that: Hope.

Because most everyone paying less taxes last year and/or most everyone getting a refund is bad for Obama.

What a tool.

It was confusing for me and matt....we had received a +/-$200 buck check earlier in the year as stimulus, because matt is a Disabled Vet....I don't remember getting the check??? Matt could not remember either??? So we had to go through our records of direct deposits for the VA and low and behold, there it was, back in June of last year....soooooooooo, we had to take this amount out of the $800....

I still have not filed yet.... :(

And I should NOT be on here posting..... :(

I have NEVER filed my taxes earlier than April 15th....I am one of those nutty procrastinators...last second filers....it is a disease, I swear it is! :eek:

It was confusing for me and matt....we had received a +/-$200 buck check earlier in the year as stimulus, because matt is a Disabled Vet....I don't remember getting the check??? Matt could not remember either??? So we had to go through our records of direct deposits for the VA and low and behold, there it was, back in June of last year....soooooooooo, we had to take this amount out of the $800....

I have NEVER filed my taxes earlier than April 15th....I am one of those nutty procrastinators...last second filers....it is a disease, I swear it is! :eek:

same thing happened to a friend of mine,, husband got a stimulus from the va of 250 dollars,, now they gotta pay it back,, some tax break that is huh?

same thing happened to a friend of mine,, husband got a stimulus from the va of 250 dollars,, now they gotta pay it back,, some tax break that is huh?

No willow, they GOT an $800 dollar tax break/stimulus, just not a $1050 dollar tax break/stimulus as they, (And I) would have liked by adding the $250 to the $800 they already got.

No willow, they GOT an $800 dollar tax break/stimulus, just not a $1050 dollar tax break/stimulus as they, (And I) would have liked by adding the $250 to the $800 they already got.

Do you ever tire of having to explain things over and over to Willow?

:eusa_liar:They don't have to pay it back, they merely swap it for part of another credit they received. It is to prevent double dipping.

Do you ever tire of having to explain things over and over to Willow?
Oh, she's not as stupid as she seems. She just likes to lie to further her agenda.

:eusa_liar:They don't have to pay it back, they merely swap it for part of another credit they received. It is to prevent double dipping.

well,, I'm hating like hell to disagree wit ya,, not.... but her cpa tells them they have to pay it back.. their orignal filing was rejected by the irs and they gotta send in an additional 250 dollars..

My filing is tomorrow, the 15th of April, I rarely file any earlier and with the electronic filing it makes things a lot nicer.

Seems the first thing these masters of deception in Washington D.C. do is NOT tell you the 'after effects' of their gracious and most benevolent programs or schemes they have up their collective sleeves in bold print when they announce them. Although, somewhere I think I did read that we'd all be accountable for receiving this benevolent offering.

At any rate, I am sure I'll be paying my share of their 'kindness' and 'generosity' with my money....again.

Because most everyone paying less taxes last year and/or most everyone getting a refund is bad for Obama.

What a tool.

Did you just pull that out of your ass or what? I got less return this year. Thank God I filed early so that I'm not stuck in this trap of the system bying bogged down with all the screw ups. You gotta love change huh?

Last edited:
Whats so confusing?

From Schedule M

Multiply line 1a by 6.2% (.062)
Enter $400 ($800 if married filing jointly)
Nontaxable combat pay included on line 1a (see instructions)
Enter the smaller of line 2 or line 3 (unless you checked “Yes” on line 1a)
Enter the amount from Form 1040, line 38*, or Form 1040A, line 22
Enter $75,000 ($150,000 if married filing jointly)
Is the amount on line 5 more than the amount on line 6?
No. Skip line 8. Enter the amount from line 4 on line 9 below.
Yes. Subtract line 6 from line 5
Multiply line 7 by 2% (.02)
Subtract line 8 from line 4. If zero or less, enter -0-

Last edited:

Forum List

Back